View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Trappers: Canyon Town 

Post Re: Trappers: B27! New weapon: Gungnir
Oooo,what about a kind of a guy in a tin-man suit.A mish-mash of scrap metal.
And I would be looking forward to what ye have in mind.=3

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Post Re: Trappers: Fixed, new binoculars :D
Update:

Binoculars added, scavenger and manta fixed

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Well first I would love to say "Hooray, the Trappers are back! :D "
Second I would love to say that I absolutely love the idea of the GMG.
Good job as usual, Ak.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Love the New Rocket launcher, You did a great job giving it that big and clunky feel that a weapon like that would have. Especially when it comes to the noise it makes when it fires and the way the rocket leaves the chamber.

Edit: Took me 3 weeks of using this mod to finally see how the crossbows secondary function works, AWESOME, Serves me right for not watching all the videos, it has a few bugs, but its not a big issue.

Don't stop working on this mod its Positively Splendid!

Last edited by Roy the Cuttlefish on Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 am

Post Re: Trappers: Get to da CHOPPAH! >:O
Update: GET TO DA CHOPPAH. NOW!

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:27 pm

I loved these sprites. Very nice work, akblabla! But it seems a little unrealistic to drop a manta off a helicopter that has almost the manta's size.
EDIT: I get an error saying it can't find LightBlueSmall on Base.rte/Effects/Glows
I wen't there and there is BlueSmall only.
Here is a fix. Just place it on the Trappers.rte folder and replace it.
EDIT2: Please, change that helicopter machine gun sound. It is really annoying when using headphones with sound on max.

Attachments:
File comment: No need for credits. Yay!
RepairTorch.ini [6.27 KiB]
Downloaded 306 times
Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm so thankful you added that little back story to the helicopter, it made my day, thankyou!

Did I ever mention I love this mod?

Edit: Tested out the new heli for quite a while and considering its overall about as easy to kill as a normal drop ship and its 350 when drop ships are 120 ( I might be wrong about that), I would say that the gun and mobility isn't enough to account for the extra 130 cost, especially considering this is a "refurbished old helicopter" compared to a " new drop ship", I would say to reduce the price to 200, then its a 80 difference which accounts for the gun. (maybe make it 210 just to spice things up)

Also, I love the vehicle itself, Its very fluid especially when its getting shot it feels like a real heli with a glass front, Once i got a dummy's head stuck in the cockpit and it rolled around in it for 30 seconds or so.

Last edited by Roy the Cuttlefish on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:40 am

Joseh123 wrote:
I loved these sprites. Very nice work, akblabla! But it seems a little unrealistic to drop a manta off a helicopter that has almost the manta's size.
EDIT: I get an error saying it can't find LightBlueSmall on Base.rte/Effects/Glows
I wen't there and there is BlueSmall only.
Here is a fix. Just place it on the Trappers.rte folder and replace it.
EDIT2: Please, change that helicopter machine gun sound. It is really annoying when using headphones with sound on max.

Thankyou for the fix.

Also, when he says its used to drop off the manta, call in a manta drop, you will understand what he meant, besides considering the manta is technically a hovercraft it would have to be a little light wouldn't it?

Anyway, I also wanted to ask if it was possible to perhaps ask asklar for his script that lets troops hang inside the helicopter and shoot, and then maybe allow 1 troop to do so considering the slot in the back of the heli looks perfect for it!

Sorry for the double post.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:14 am

Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
Edit: Tested out the new heli for quite a while and considering its overall about as easy to kill as a normal drop ship and its 350 when drop ships are 120 ( I might be wrong about that), I would say that the gun and mobility isn't enough to account for the extra 130 cost, especially considering this is a "refurbished old helicopter" compared to a " new drop ship", I would say to reduce the price to 200, then its a 80 difference which accounts for the gun. (maybe make it 210 just to spice things up)

This is just my opinion of something I believe needs to be changed. A average guy with a assault rifle, pistol and a grenade costs 175 oz. So I think it is reducless that costs so much less than the one guy, considering how many you can kill by shuttling it. Besides if you get it to space again, you recieve its price worth :)

Also, when he says its used to drop off the manta, call in a manta drop, you will understand what he meant, besides considering the manta is technically a hovercraft it would have to be a little light wouldn't it?

I have done the math so yes, the manta weighs about 350 kg and the chopper (on earth) have a lifting capacity of 800 kg. Though on the planet of cortex command there is a 40% lower gravity, resulting in a liftiing capacity of 3200 instead, I have assumed though that the density of the air is 50% lower too due to this lower gravity, meaning a lift of 1200.

Anyway, you can feel it on the heli, you cant accelerate as hard with the crate and it doesn't take much damage to ground it.

Anyway, I also wanted to ask if it was possible to perhaps ask asklar for his script that lets troops hang inside the helicopter and shoot, and then maybe allow 1 troop to do so considering the slot in the back of the heli looks perfect for it!

I have made the code for it, but it was annoying to change to the heli in dire situations as the passengers sit right around the center mass, and if the heli ever so slightly pitch forward, they will be moved to the opposite side of the center mass, making it really hard to change sometimes. As asklar released is mod, I concluded that this wouldn't even have this cool wauw effect, so I removed the feature, replacing it with the ability to see the legs of the passengers instead.

Edit: Oh also, I just updated the mod, changing the minigun sound and fixing the glow glitch (this is wierd as the "LightBlueSmall" is in my base.rte and I am using a fresh install)

Edit: I also made a feedback page for my upcoming trapper stuff
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31470

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 am

akblabla wrote:
Oh also, I just updated the mod, changing the minigun sound and fixing the glow glitch (this is wierd as the "LightBlueSmall" is in my base.rte and I am using a fresh install)

That's because you use b27 R2 and not B27, so light blue glows are there thanks to Techion.

Guy who got an error was obviously using B27.0.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:21 pm
Profile ICQ

ok this is a strange glitch... when you switch the mp7 to side-arm mode and then back to normal it switches to the shadow echelon mp7 (obviously you need shadow echelon installed) also the strange thing is you only have 40 bullets (35 in the clip and 5 extra) and the funny thing is that you are able to reload and get the 5 extra bullets in you're clip so you have a clip that is short 5 bullets

i might try and make a video of it cause i am horrible at describing things.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1cJfqLF ... e=youtu.be

Just made this to help better describe the glitch.

EDIT2: My youtube name is thespaceboon101 so i did NOT steal Anyone else's video

Last edited by mechwarrior on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Mad Alex wrote:
akblabla wrote:
Oh also, I just updated the mod, changing the minigun sound and fixing the glow glitch (this is wierd as the "LightBlueSmall" is in my base.rte and I am using a fresh install)

That's because you use b27 R2 and not B27, so light blue glows are there thanks to Techion.

Guy who got an error was obviously using B27.0.

Yea I don't Have the R2 also, I think its because as someone complained earlier, HIB users Get updates later then everyone else.

Also, I have another Idea for the helicopter perhaps, What do you think about adding a second helicopter, without the gun, but instead add seeking rocket pods, that perhaps lock onto a target in a certain rage of the front of the heli and then make a "be be Breep" noise, and after that you can fire, The rockets would be pretty powerful, because they would be meant as like "tank busters" but the chopper would only hold 2 and after that it would have a really long reload maybe?

Also I'm basing this idea mostly off of one of the "Anti-tank Rogue" from mercs 2, I loved that chopper, it was small and fast but it could lock on and kill like 4 tanks, very fun to fly. Also, A small and fast helicopter armed with weapons that can take out large weapon emplacements or soldiers/vehicles seems like something the Ronin would use. (the long reload, or perhaps limited ammo even could make up for its attack power, that and the choppers weakness itself.)

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Post Re: Trappers: Get to da CHOPPAH! >:U
I was "Flying" or more like falling with the Mosquito and when it gibbed my game crashed. Some memory error.

Edit: Those things are HARD to fly. Glad you told me and i ignored it.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 am

This mod is not particularly interesting to me on a aesthetic level but all of the awesome stuff means that it doesn't matter.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:17 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Just a quick thing with the binoculars, you can cast a see ray to open up fog of war areas further away.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next