View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Trappers: Canyon Town 

Post Re: Trappers: Get to da CHOPPAH! >:U
Roast Veg wrote:
Just a quick thing with the binoculars, you can cast a see ray to open up fog of war areas further away.

The binoculars should cast see rays, and if not it will be included in the next update

Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm

I wish the Mosquito turret would be 'aimable' then again,it won't be so lulzy

Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

ElFizbanio wrote:
I wish the Mosquito turret would be 'aimable' then again,it won't be so lulzy

Agreed! The Mosquito's turret makes us crash the helicopter just for a 'steady' aim.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:26 pm

The current, temporary fix for the choppa is to reduce the rotating angle by finding the following code in Mosquito.lua

local RotAngle2 = self.RotAngle

Then divide self.RotAngle by 3 (or more if you want a stable turn, less if you want an agile turn) so it could be like this:

local RotAngle2 = self.RotAngle*0.3

The ultimate fix IMO is to limit the turning angle of the choppa (e.x: the choppa turns to the 45 degrees limit, then it stays there to accelerate or rotate back to decelerate, while avoiding crashing to the ground due to a >60 degrees turn, which equals a 80% chance of crash unless you know how to do a cobra maneuvre with a helicopter. This can also makes strafing runs easier due to the fixed angle of fire, especially with a fixed gun.), but I'll leave it for the LUA wizards because I'm still learning about this, and it's a steep learning curve. Maybe you should ask Abdul for this kind of problem?

BTW, nice stuffs ya got there, the mosquito is kinda large though, it's about nearly half the size of the Megalodon, which is kinda funny because yours is named Mosquito and the other thing is a Frikkin' MEGALODON. Even when you compare it with the vanilla crafts it's still kinda big. a 70% reduction in size might just make it better and easier to maneuver in tight airspaces. Cheers!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 am

A size reduction would also make it very unrealistic tho, Like flying a flipping RC.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 am

Honestly, IMO the current size of the mosquito is kinda large (see the comparison I make below).

As you can see, the supposed-to-be-tiny-as-the-name-suggest Mosquito is almost half as long and nearly has the same height as the supposed-to-be-riddiculously-gigantic-as-the-name-suggest MEGALODON, which makes me wondering (I'll stop comparing the two from here). But again, the mosquito body alone is also about the size of a regular craft, which is kinda big. After all, it makes sense for a small heli to be agile as the name and the movement script suggests.

my idea is to reduce the heli size by 85% (which is around 10px in height reduction, and 70% is indeed kinda RC-esque), reducing the empty space above the pilot (or make him lean back or forth) to compensate for the reduction. But that's just my ideas, so it's up to Akblabla to decide.

Attachments:
File comment: comparison
ScreenDump000.bmp [1.37 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 am

alexglitch wrote:
The current, temporary fix for the choppa is to reduce...

Honestly, IMO the current size of the mosquito is kinda large (see the comparison I make below).

It sounds like you think it is a glitch because it is a bit hard to use :P You know the auto pilot limits you so that you can never pitch so much that full throttle can't maintain the altitude.

Anyway, I have updated the autopilot to help a bit more by automatically maintaining altitude while pitching when not throttling or dethrottling, and also increased the auto balance a bit.

I have also increased the rate of fire of the minigun, meaning that the recoil will help maintain a good angle of attack a bit more.

The scale of the mosquito is true to the scale of the little bird helicopter, and I am aware of the problem that aircrafts in CC are always in the same distance from the viewer as infantry meaning that they feel massive, and that is why I have chosen the little bird heli.

The mosquito is basically just the dropship of the trappers faction, with minor self defense.

Also Roy, the hunter is ready for download, it doesn't have the harpoons yet though.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:40 am

Well thanks for the update mate!!

I actually have controlled the heli based on my experience with the air support mod, but since I have pitched the Mosquito several times into the ground by a forward roll (which turned the heli upside down, very funny to watch), I have to make the above post so people can adjust the right turning sensitivity for themselves. :-o

Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:57 am

alexglitch wrote:
Well thanks for the update mate!!

I actually have controlled the heli based on my experience with the air support mod, but since I have pitched the Mosquito several times into the ground by a forward roll (which turned the heli upside down, very funny to watch), I have to make the above post so people can adjust the right turning sensitivity for themselves. :-o

Not a problem :)

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 am

Post Re: Trappers: Explosions, revolvers and stuff
I have no problem with the helicopter size. If it has to be scaled down without looking like an RC toy, it should look something like this:

Sort of a bare bones chopper.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

That looks like an RC chopper already. :P

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 pm

The current Chopper Mosquitos Helicopturos is quite perfect,
so a change in the size is not very needed.
(Basicly it has a lot of lulz)

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:51 pm

The possibilities with the crossbow are endless, I've started arming it with plasma-bombardment designators (from Arcalane's 40k compilation) for long range massacring.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Love the new hunter, especially the jump effect. I do have a few possible suggestions tho, 1 would be to change its blood effect a little, using the same effect as the acid sprayer ( Pretty sure that is what you used ) looks a little odd, I would give it its own effect, but its not a huge issue. The other thing is that the jump ability is a tad buggy, sometimes when you hold down the button to make him jump higher it only jumps a small amount
(tho this could be due simply to the fact that he was standing on smaller, weaker, or somewhat broken terrain). If it was possible, A double jump or wall jump would be awesome.

Also, is it possible to make a vehicle with a turret that looks like an actor holding a mounted gun? ( like the actor on the manta that can be shot and killed, but with say a Mounted m60 in his hands that can pivot up and down a little to aim? )

Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:48 am

Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
Love the new hunter, especially the jump effect. I do have a few possible suggestions tho, 1 would be to change its blood effect a little, using the same effect as the acid sprayer ( Pretty sure that is what you used ) looks a little odd, I would give it its own effect, but its not a huge issue. The other thing is that the jump ability is a tad buggy, sometimes when you hold down the button to make him jump higher it only jumps a small amount
(tho this could be due simply to the fact that he was standing on smaller, weaker, or somewhat broken terrain). If it was possible, A double jump or wall jump would be awesome.

Well I reused the acid cloud effect from the acidsprayer, though I can see it may look a bit wrong, mostly because it floats. I have been mucking around with the idea of some sort of jetpack to give him a small boost midair to extend is horizontal range. Wall jumps would be awesome though and I will look into it.

Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
Also, is it possible to make a vehicle with a turret that looks like an actor holding a mounted gun?

To make a vehicle takes a lot of work, so it should really be something awesome. Fx a tank, may sound cool but it would most likely be impractical, and the same with a buggy, so would you please elaborate a bit :)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next