View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Trappers: Canyon Town 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Trappers: Apartments, warehouses and sewers!
No promises needed.

Still, I'm having a lot of fun with your bunker modules.
I created a large warehouses which was overrun by the coalition, and luckily I had the mosquito to scape in time.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 pm

God damn you, chap. You spewing good thingies out with an insane speed. Just like Uriel Ventris on demonic train.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:09 pm

You know I love you, right?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 am

I love the modules Idea,they look a little better then some of the stuff from MP3 even and it adds quite a cool look to the atmosphere of the game. That being said would it be possible for you to make 1 or 2 pre-made maps that use or are almost entirely made up of these, like a small city or something like that?

If you do I prefer non-looping maps, looping kind of throws off the feel for me sometimes, like the planets folding in on itself or something.

But that is just my opinion, and looping maps have their perks too.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:47 am

Mini update, updated the urban modules a bit, added some more stuff (vertical modules)

Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
I love the modules Idea,they look a little better then some of the stuff from MP3 even and it adds quite a cool look to the atmosphere of the game. That being said would it be possible for you to make 1 or 2 pre-made maps that use or are almost entirely made up of these, like a small city or something like that?

If you do I prefer non-looping maps, looping kind of throws off the feel for me sometimes, like the planets folding in on itself or something.

But that is just my opinion, and looping maps have their perks too.

I don't really want to make any scenes atm, though you could always make the scenes yourself :)

Also I enjoy looping maps, I just imaging that I am playing on a 2d plane wrapped around a cylinder, so it is like fighting over a circular area of the planet and the background is all the 360 degrees around you.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 pm

Post Re: Trappers: Supply Stash and urban update
I am not actually sure if it is allowed to double post when making content updates, does anybody know if this is allowed?

Anyway, new content update. Supply stash added where you can by basic weapons in your base aswell as heal, and I've also added a massive roof glass module with cool sfx when being destroyed.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:49 pm

I don't know if it is allowed to double post, but why you just don't edit your post and change the font size to huge and write NEW UPDATE? It is much more better than double-posting. By the way, I loved the idea of the stash. Is it possible for you to make every unit have an MP7? Or maybe the Hunter only? And that Harpoon, when I crouch, is it supposed to bring the actor to me, or me into the actor? None of them are working.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:54 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Joseh123 wrote:
And that Harpoon, when I crouch, is it supposed to bring the actor to me, or me into the actor? None of them are working.

I'm not sure, but it seems like it kinda does both, depending on terrain =P

The thing I haven't got working is pinning the rope to the ground.

Also, great update! The roof glass is damn epic.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Asklar wrote:
Joseh123 wrote:
And that Harpoon, when I crouch, is it supposed to bring the actor to me, or me into the actor? None of them are working.

I'm not sure, but it seems like it kinda does both, depending on terrain =P

The thing I haven't got working is pinning the rope to the ground.

Also, great update! The roof glass is damn epic.

The only thing pressing crouch does is to make the rope shorter, so that a force will be applied to both you and the harpoon.

You can't pin the rope to the ground directly, you need to throw a second harpoon into the ground, though I still want to make a way to tie the harpoons' ropes together and release the rope from your body, the problem is that you can't make piemenu buttons through lua, so the character might need to have some sort of device.

Also thanks for the comment on the roof glass. It took a long time to sprite and make gibs for :)

I have made a mini update, making the laser rifle a bit stronger, and made it cool down faster when lying in snow or ice, as well as just laying on the ground.

I've also added two new urban bunker modules, which are broken versions of the existing end pieces, these are mostly for aethestetic, but they do cost the half of the original modules.

Edit: Also, I don't think I've mentioned it, but the mod also includes a tree under terrain objects. It is just from my old exodus ep 2 that never got finished

Edit2: Made a quicky update, fixed the roof glass gibs offsets, to maximize epicness

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Post Re: Trappers: Urban Scene
Hey, I just love the work you've done on the sprites of the modules and the scene is amazing but is there a means that I can use to make it playable in Brain vs Brain gme mode ?

EDIT: Thanks :grin:

Last edited by Saven on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Saven wrote:
Hey, I just love the work you've done on the sprites of the modules and the scene is amazing but is there a means that I can use to make it playable in Brain vs Brain gme mode ?

fixed in 30 seconds

Edit: Updated

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:32 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh hai new scene.

Now I'm really enjoying playing with factions that aren't futuristic.

EDIT:

Urban warfare, that was the word I forgot.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Finally got back from a trip, Downloaded the latest version of the mod just now, hoping to try out the modules before my early morning Spree of Manual laborious laboring and such, sadly I found this

"Failed to load data file Blah blah, Base.rte/Scenes/Fossils/Fossil000"

"abortscreen-dabibbleflopnonsence and other such assorted pies"

(that last part Was not actually part of the error in case you neglected to notice)

Anyway, much sadness, Does this have to do with me not having the most up to date version of CC?

EDIT: DL-ed the latest version, seems to work fine now.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

This needs a disposable rocket launcher, or some sort of mortar.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Asklar wrote:
This needs a disposable rocket launcher, or some sort of mortar.

You know what this also needs, scavengers being able to make pipebombs, tunnels that works as a way of buying, selling and potentially being buyable through buy menu as a means of infiltrating your enemy's base :D

Also laser rifles being able to set grass and wood on fire.

PS: These features are done and are soon ready for the next update :)

Edit: The gungnir works great as mortar when unguided, try it :D

By the way, I am considering changing the name of the faction to Space Vikings, as it fits the lore better and it would help them be a bit less generic :P

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next