View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 General Industries - Formerly the L-GED 

Post General Industries - Formerly the L-GED
Welcome to General Industries

We make stuff you buy.
'Morning DRLFF, this is my second released mod counting, and a submission into the current mod contest.

Credits go to Shook for letting me base stuff off his Mortar in the Pelian Army, Gotcha, for the sounds he let me use from his wonderful Unitec, Weegee, for helps, the creator of the Jericho Missile for his shockwave effects, GameBanana, and the creators of Battlefield: Bad Company for some sounds.

Anyway, down to business. This mod has now evolved from just the LGED. based on my first (unreleased) mod ever, General Industries provides actors, weapons, and explosives to the consumer. lots more stuff will be added later.

The mod currently includes five actors, nine guns, and a couple of bombs. Let's start with the actors:

Mercenary

Professional mercenary, hired at your cost. Comes with an HK416 and Glock 17C.

Breacher

First man in, armed with an FP6 breaching shotgun and G17C.

Grenadier

Name says it all, equipped with a Milkor MGL and duel G18Cs.

Scout Sniper

Trained to uh.. look further forward than other soldiers, these scout snipers will harass targets at range with their SVU sniper rifles.

HevRec Marine

Heavy Reconnaissance light anti-armour Marine, armed with a P90 and M95 long range sniper rifle.

Juggernaut

Walking tank. Comes with an RPK-74 and M79 'Thumper'.

Included in the mod are a few guns, too. The actors will usually have a pretty satisfying loadout, but you can purchase the following weapons for other actors.
Has a few other things but I'm hungry atm.

Old part of the mod:

This is the Laser-Guided Explosives Designator device, found under guns. It does as it's name suggests.

In addition to the LGED, a thermobaric rocket launcher is also included.
Launcher, Thermobaric, Infantry, model 4, or LTI-4
Fires thermobaric rockets with a weakened effect similar to that of the FAE.

There are faction Lua files for General Industries in the /Factions folder, for use with Block Wars, Cortex Shock and Tartarus.

Please note that all of these weapons - especially the FAE - induce quite a bit of lag.
I'm open to suggestions, and as always, please feel free to leave a comment.

Older versions:

Enjoy.

Attachments:
File comment: Revised V5 with minor change to error in faction file.
GeneralIndustries.rte.zip [4.8 MiB]
Downloaded 9262 times

Last edited by Kettenkrad on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:17 am, edited 12 times in total.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:32 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: [Modding Contest Entry: Artillery] The L-GED
Wow, it's like if you had every kind of artillery in one package.

And the bunker buster is the most unique bunker buster I've seen.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:56 am

Took you long enough to release this :P
Anyway, great work (as always).

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 am

Is it possible to make the bunker buster, act similar to it's current state, but have some sort of limit to it's maximum penetration depth? To keep it from sniping a brain in a very heavily armored bunker with no airspace till the brain chamber? In it's current state it seems the only way to defend against this is to have hallways above the brain chamber, or make air filled "spaced armor" packages laminated above it.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

darvus wrote:
sniping a brain in a very heavily armored bunker with no airspace till the brain chamber? In it's current state it seems the only way to defend against this is to have hallways above the brain chamber

Bud, that thing means that it's doing it's job.

And perfectly, if you let me add.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:00 am

darvus wrote:
Is it possible to make the bunker buster, act similar to it's current state, but have some sort of limit to it's maximum penetration depth? To keep it from sniping a brain in a very heavily armored bunker with no airspace till the brain chamber? In it's current state it seems the only way to defend against this is to have hallways above the brain chamber, or make air filled "spaced armor" packages laminated above it.

What kind of madman doesn't have hallways of some kind above their brain chamber/command center anyway? That implies to me that you're either sealing the brain in a tiny box - which is impossible under current placement rules without mods - or you're putting it to the far left/right of the base and having it surrounded only by dirt/etc.

Sounds more like someone needs to take some base design courses! :roll:

--

Another nice piece of work, Ketten, although the FAE bomb sprite looks a little silly. I think it's the harpoon point and large, water-tank-blue fuel container.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 am
Profile YIM

Let me clarify, when I build my bases to withstand a massive enemy assault I usually put my brain chamber almost at the bottom of the map, with alot of horizontal bunker walls above it. And to get to the chamber it is usually a long series of hallways and bulkheads coming at it horizontally but never above it. This makes the base extremely hard to crack for people, and keeps the AI busy for a long time, with very little direct intervention. It seems a little silly to have this munition penetrate a 1000 pixels of dirt, than 500 of reinforced concrete and blow up in the chamber every time. Modern bunker busters that are much larger than this one have a maximum penetration distance beyond which you just gonna piss off the occupants. It would be great in my opinion if this bomb would function like it is now but lets say after this bomb goes through at least 800 pixels of material without encountering airspace it detonates prematurely. But I will say this is the best bunker buster I've seen yet if perhaps a bit over powered. And the Thermobaric bomb, and barrage of explosively formed penetrators are marvelous :cool:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 am

darvus wrote:
-snip-
Thanks, you're right, I'll put a timer on it and update shortly.
Arcalane wrote:
Another nice piece of work, Ketten, although the FAE bomb sprite looks a little silly. I think it's the harpoon point and large, water-tank-blue fuel container.
Thanks Arcalane, I'll fish around for some reference pics and resprite it tomorrow.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:36 am

Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) GBU-57A/BSpecifications
Length: 20.5 feet (6.2 m) [7]
Diameter: 31.5 inches (0.8 m) [7]
Weight: 30,000 pounds (14 metric tons)
Warhead: 5,300 pounds (2.4 metric tons) high explosive
Penetration: 200 ft (61 m) of 5,000 psi (34 MPa) reinforced concrete
26 ft (7.9 m) of 10,000 psi (69 MPa) reinforced concrete
130 ft (40 m) of moderately hard rock

GBU-28
They weigh 4,700 pounds (2132 kg) and contain 630 pounds (286 kg) of high explosive. In tests, the GBU-28 has penetrated 100 feet (30.5 meters) of earth or 20 feet (6 meters) of concrete.

Edit: Sweet man this will make the weapon more balanced. This is my most favorite mod yet :grin:

Fuel air bomb inspiration :wink:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:38 am

Thanks Darvus and Arcalane, I've added your suggestions.

_FAE sprite changed
_Bunker Buster has maximum depth of about 3 floors
_Added thermobaric rocket launcher; LTI-4

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm

That looks much better already. :wink:

Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile YIM

This new revised version is superb :shock: One more thought, in my previous .ini only experiments with my own designated strike weaponry. I made attempts to make the spawned weapon always come in off screen. I made the projectile gib into my strike offset by y -1300 pixels any more and the weapon would cease to function. I wanted to make this work because on very tall maps the munitions would still spawn visibly. Is it possible through .lua to make the weapon always spawn at the zenith of the map like crafts do? Because in the current state of your mod, or my own .ini attempts these types of weapons could be abused by using them at the bottom of a base to make the warheads spawn inside of a higher level in the base. Or just to avoid them by maneuvering your actor or craft above the deployment altitude. Perhaps someone with more modding skill can make this happen? I play alot of split screen in this game so plugging exploits is important to me, and to make a more polished experience.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Doesn't this have to be in rte. not zip.?

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It's compressed on a .zip, but after extracting the files you get it all in a folder with the extension .rte.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm

darvus wrote:
This new revised version is superb :shock: One more thought, in my previous .ini only experiments with my own designated strike weaponry. I made attempts to make the spawned weapon always come in off screen. I made the projectile gib into my strike offset by y -1300 pixels any more and the weapon would cease to function. I wanted to make this work because on very tall maps the munitions would still spawn visibly. Is it possible through .lua to make the weapon always spawn at the zenith of the map like crafts do? Because in the current state of your mod, or my own .ini attempts these types of weapons could be abused by using them at the bottom of a base to make the warheads spawn inside of a higher level in the base. Or just to avoid them by maneuvering your actor or craft above the deployment altitude. Perhaps someone with more modding skill can make this happen? I play alot of split screen in this game so plugging exploits is important to me, and to make a more polished experience.

It's possible using Lua, though I've no idea how to make it happen. I'll look into it.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next