View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 General Industries - Formerly the L-GED 

Post Re: General Industries - Formerly the L-GED
It feels as though the OTs-03 sniper's rounds move too slow for their power.

I might have already complained about this, but I digress.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:28 am

Just noticed something the M95s bullet travels off target by a little bit so if you aim for the head at long range it hits there chest

P.S Like allways your sprites are amazeing

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:07 am

XxMrmechaxX wrote:
Just noticed something the M95s bullet travels off target by a little bit so if you aim for the head at long range it hits there chest

S'called gravity, mate.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 am

Nocifer wrote:
XxMrmechaxX wrote:

S'called gravity, mate.

And the strangest thing of all:
Code:
   GlobalAccScalar = 0.0
So who knows, it's probably just the ShakeRanges.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:56 am

Harzipan wrote:
It feels as though the OTs-03 sniper's rounds move too slow for their power.

I might have already complained about this, but I digress.

Edit: Yes the Ots-o3's rounds are to slow.

m95 sniper****:For the rifles price, Its only a little more powerful then the "heavy sniper rifle" the coalition have. I would Implore you to Up the fire rate so it at least matches the fire rate of the Heavy sniper, but keep the reload the same length.

Also, The incendiary round for the Milkor are VERY pretty (<3) but they need a little more of a buff, because they aren't as powerful it seems as the frag rounds, Maybe try and add a script that lights actors on fire, Also Tear gas Would be amazing(no idea how you would do that tho).

Lastly, Idk if I'm just missing something but the LGED For Me I don't have the option for the cluster bomb, I have the other 3 (Fuel/BB/anti tank one).

- Love this mod.

Last edited by Roy the Cuttlefish on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks. I've weakened the SVU's rounds, after all, it's based off of the 7.62×54mm SVD. It wasn't intended to be that powerful in the first place, I mustn't have playtested it enough.
Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
Also, The incendiary round for the Milkor are VERY pretty (<3) but they need a little more of a buff, because they aren't as powerful it seems as the frag rounds, Maybe try and add a script that lights actors on fire, Also Tear gas Would be amazing(no idea how you would do that tho).

Shouldn't be too difficult. I'll do this now.
Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
Lastly, Idk if I'm just missing something but the LGED For Me I don't have the option for the cluster bomb, I have the other 3 (Fuel/BB/anti tank one).

The cluster bomb isn't a buyable option. I thought I took it out :/
Ah, it must be under that separate submenu in the buy stage.. It was fairly laggy and unpolished, so I'll just get rid of it..

Next update will hopefully have LGED strikes cost money on a per-strike basis. Each will cost a different amount, etc. Kudos to Fail Flail and Akblabla for the idea!

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:14 am

"Ah, it must be under that separate submenu in the buy stage.. It was fairly laggy and unpolished, so I'll just get rid of it.."

That's ok, I just thought I was missing it for some reason. Also thanks for getting on the Milkor thing I really appreciate it, with how beautiful the burning explosions are, they really need that extra effect.

Also, When I talked about the sniper earlier, I got mixed up, I was Referring to the M95 being about the same power as the Coalition heavy sniper rifle, not the SVU, Tho I do like that your making its power more realistic, Its the M95 That I thought needed the most tweaking, Its heavy and expensive and its power hardly makes up for it because it has such a drastically slow Rate of fire, it would even it out to make it fire faster, and perhaps give it a tiny bit more punch to make up for the price. As it is, like I said its only slightly better the the coalition heavy sniper in damage and range, yet it costs twice as much and fires much much slower. Sorry again for the mix up.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Kettenkrad wrote:
UPDATING SOMETIME

WHERE IS THE GUY IN POWERSUIT >:C

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Asklar wrote:
Kettenkrad wrote:
UPDATING SOMETIME

WHERE IS THE GUY IN POWERSUIT >:C

GET THE NUKES

Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Awesome mod! i love the badass sprites of the mercenary and dat freakin' bunker buster litteraly drowns you in coolness.
besides, something make wierd lag when the M95 Sniper Rifle is equiped, you should take a little of your time to look at it
keep that way in your modding, you're a great modder :grin:

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:49 pm

By the looks of it its a great mod but I can't play because I get a .rte is this mac compatible? Just wondering because I run CC on mac.

I got this RTE abort message:
Abortion in file /Users/admin/Development/CortexCommand/cortex/System/ContentFile.cpp, line 516, because:

Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

GeneralIndustries.rte/Sounds/RocketLaunch.wav

Here's another:
Abortion in file /Users/admin/Development/CortexCommand/cortex/System/Reader.cpp, line 542, because:

Failed to load the sample from the file in GeneralIndustries.rte/Devices/Weapons/LKPI-6.ini at line 472!

Fixable?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:22 am

Could you give them some kind of aircraft? like maybe a Black Hawk or an Osprey? and some kind of APC would be cool

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Sorry if i am necroing this thread, but could someone help me with initializing this with cortex shock? Have placed the lua file in the right location and added GeneralIndustries.lua to the facitons cfg. no dice.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:12 am

The lua is not for the official metagame campaign, but rather a factions file for one of weegee's scenes.
To get a faction to appear in the official metagame, the mod author (or you) needs to make a Loadouts.ini in the mod's root directory, add an include line in that mod's Index.ini
See here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31031 for more details, and or just look at the existing vanilla factions Loadouts.ini files

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Found and resolved the issue.
opened the lua, replaced the undead.rte reference and associated zombie references with base.rte and culled clone references. The lua already contains loadouts. Used bear army factions lua as a reference for format.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next