View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 WH40K: ULTRAMARINES/TAU/NECRONS/IMPERIAL GUARD/ORKS 

Post Re: WH40K: MARINES/TAU/NECRONS/IMPERIAL GUARD/ORKS
You could set up a global table of dead necron positions (i.e. on death each necron adds its position to that table) and read that with the orb. It'd avoid filling up the MO count or adding a bunch of particles which should remove both the need for a time limit and the worry of lag. If your lag worry is the gibbing part, then that makes more sense, all the distance calculations could be heavy, and you'd definitely have to put a couple hundred MS delay between each gib so it doesn't lag there.

The other advantage is you could have dead necrons have a chance to resurrect on their own too, we'll be back style. Probably the least difficult and least resource heavy way would be to have an int or boo that decides randomly on their death whether they'll autores or not that is added to the global table. On top of that, you could even make that int have multiple values to add more delay to resurrection and do fun stuff like that.
e.g. 0 = no resurrect, 1+ = resurrect, pick the number randomly. Have a timer made by the brain or globally made that counts a tick and for necrons whose res value is greater than 1, count it down, for necrons whose res value is 1, resurrect, ignore those with res value 0.

If you do go with a global table you'll have to be careful to get rid of it on activity end, for obvious reasons.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:13 am

I'm so happy that this mod is up and running again. I've neglected CC for a long time, and that has to change. I'll be trying everything out shortly. <3

EDIT: There is a lot of stuff to go through! I'll add things to this post as I find them.

COMPLAIN WAHH MAKE IT BETTER
- The Wraith is extremely nonthreatening. It does absolutely no damage to Brainbots, at least, and it's a great deal slower than it used to be!
-- I'm not really sure what happened, but I encountered an odd glitch, whereby the shots of my units and those of my enemies were simply passing through one another without doing damage. I only won that scenario by having a Battlesuit sit on aforementioned Brainbot.
- Orks think that they're all snipers.
- I'm not sure if I like the take on plasma, especially the speed/arc.
- The Sniper Rifle is terrible.
- The Monolith is kind of... underwhelming.
- The weapon of a Necron Destroyer has severe difficulties doing any damage, sometimes. (Took 5-6 shots at point blank to the head to kill a Shoota Boy)
- Necron Immortals. Their weapons aren't very powerful and they aren't particularly... Immortal. I just had one fire his Gauss Thingy and instantly die for no reason.
- Fire Warriors; could be a bit lighter? A vanilla 'warrior was denting the dirt!
- I'm pretty sure that Leman Russes don't fire NUKES. It annihilated everything on the map that wasn't in a bunker, including my brainbot! It was nowhere near any of my guys. This may have been a glitch of some sort, because this is the only time I have experienced this issue with a Leman Russ.

THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME
- Assault Marines rock now.
- Bolters.
- The lasgun family. I used that mod which I forget the name of, part of which allows you to turn weapons into mouse-controlled turrets. Setting up 30 lasguns reminded me so much of Dawn of War Imperial Guardsmen that DudeAbides should get bonus points for being super-thematic.
- The fact that the Tau can actually shoot now. Hooray!
- Flying Battlesuits with meltaguns.
- Fire Warriors are quite well done. A squad of them, atop a hill, holding off oncoming Orks from either side - now that is 40k.
- Necron particle effects are very nice.
- The Tau Sniper Drones are no longer flying platforms of ultimate doom. I am glad!

SUGGESTIONS FOR ADDITIONS
- More Terminator weapons (e.g. Assault Cannon, Power Fist).
- Power sword?
- HQs?

I started a campaign, added two enemy AIs, playing Orks, and named them both "WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!". While I selected Tau as my Tech, I have infinite gold (I set grapple to -40000g), so I played around with everything else. All in all, the Imperium, the Tau Empire, and the Orks are all looking quite good. It just seems that the Necrons were nerfed too much.

Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:21 am

good job..... very good....Image

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 pm
Profile ICQ

It might have already been asked, in that case i'm sorry,
but i cant get the tau guns to work :( i tried reinstalling, but they just dont fire bullets...
they make a sound, i see flashes but no damage or projectile :(

someone got a fix?
(i dont get error messages either)

cheers

EDIT: fixed

Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 pm

foesto wrote:
It might have already been asked, in that case i'm sorry,
but i cant get the tau guns to work :( i tried reinstalling, but they just dont fire bullets...
they make a sound, i see flashes but no damage or projectile :(

someone got a fix?
(i dont get error messages either)

cheers

EDIT: fixed

Yeah, the thing about tau weapons is that the tracers don't go as far, so you have to guess where the bullet/laser goes.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for over 5000 downloads!
Here's a one year update of (lots of) little things that I've been changing here and there.

-Everyone that walks and jumps walks faster and jumps higher so you can utilize/attack more complex base arrangements.
-Most weapon recoil logic rewritten. Now behaves more like I intended it to.

-Tau Battlesuits have some crashing checks and now move a little more freely during flying.
-Tau armor (helmets) nerfed slightly.

-Space Marine Rhino and Razorback armor nerfed.
-Space Marine sniper rifle should now be an infantry-armor-and-weapon-removing threat.

-Lasgun damage nerfed, ammo counts and rates of fire increased.
-Lasguns now have less trouble hitting things at point blank.
-Imperial Guard Valkyrie for large group deliveries and ground sweeping.
-Kasrkin and Stormtroopers are a little tougher.

-Necron lightning logic rewritten so that a direct hit is more likely to do full damage.
-Improvements to the Necron Destroyer let it fit through small passages.
-Necron Wraith is harder to hit, moves better, and is generally better equipped to get close and hit things.

-Minor Ork resprites all around and a few weapon additions.
-Ork Choppas buffed for murder.
-A shoddily made Ork Landa that needs some more love.

Get it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bx7rc ... H40K20.rar

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Wow, almost 400 downloads in 2 weeks. Where are you guys coming from?

A 2.7 Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vvxy7comvtvzqm/WH40K27.rar

Not quite 3.0, but there were so many new toys I figured I'd share before then.

-New infiltration system based on RTS cloaking. Units that are 'infiltrated' remain invisible unless they move too quickly, open fire, or a detector unit comes within range. All units are technically detector units, some are just better at it than others (based in unit Perception). Units have variable recloaking parameters and times.
-Tau weapons received buffs to their explosive damage and nerfs to their direct impact damage.
-Rebalanced Tau armor values.
-Crisis Battlesuit flight system revamp means a computer controlled Crisis suit poses a real, mobile threat, at the cost of manual control maneuverability.
-Bolters explosions received a nerf to make up for their high ROF.
-Improved walk speed scripts distributed as needed to units.
-Ork weapons received a nerf to encourage the use of more Dakka.
-Leman Russ cannon shell behavior changed.
-All tank style vehicle scripts have been revamped to improve their land-crawling abilities.
-Space Marine sniper rifle buffed.
-Space Marine melta gun still doesn't shoot past friendlies, but it won't melt through them either.
-IG Commissar now gives a buff to nearby units and receives a version of the Look Out Sir! Check.
-IG Elysian Drop Trooper fills the jetpack-unit void in IG.
-Fixed recoil script bug introduced in last release, mostly in Las weapons.
-Faction specific custom AI implemented.
-Price points rebalanced across the board.
-Random Choppa sprites for some Ork units.
-Minor respriting for lots of different units.
-Ork Killa Kanz added to fill Ork medium armor role.
-IG Sentinels added to fill IG medium armor role.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vvxy7comvtvzqm/WH40K27.rar

Keep on playin!

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Post Re: WH40K: ULTRAMARINES/TAU/NECRONS/IMPERIAL GUARD/ORKS
How shameful! I've barely thought about CC in quite some time. DudeAbides, I am very grateful for your PM - otherwise I never would have known!

My PC was getting updated after I got some tasty bits for Christmas, so I've been using my sister's laptop. Because it has Windows 8, it absolutely refuses to sign in to anything other than her Outlook account. I've only just got my PC back now and checked my email, which is why it took me so long!

Once Steam and all else re-installs, I will definitely give your update a try.

EDIT: Dang! It's a bit of a long story.

Basically, my PC got updated. One of the new components is a GPU. For some strange reason, it's standard now to have integrated speakers into monitors (which mine does not have) and for the GPU to disable the sound card (as it is the GPU managing the sound now). What this means is that my PC is not processing sound at all.

I did buy a new monitor (I was going to, anyway). However, it arrived from Amazon in a decidedly pre-owned state, looking very much like it had been repackaged. Using my old monitor without sound for now, but it turns out that CC will literally not run unless certain sounds can be processed. Guh!

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:38 pm

I was wondering if you going make Tau Human Helper.

Those guy, They do exist. the guardsmen and tau human helper to almost exactly same looking most time with some little changes

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Two bugs i've found are if you try to play the campaign as Tau and go into battle the game crashes, also, the Imperial guard don't land with a brain and if you face them one on one you can't win because there is no brain to destroy! Still a great mod.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:22 am

my computer hates mediafire, so I can't download it, I would appreciate it if somebody could put it into a package that I use WinRAR to download it please.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:55 pm

I don't think you properly coded the las-weapons. I don't think i have seen the AI shoot them on their own ONCE.

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:18 pm

THIS IS GETTING ME HARDER THAN TERMINATOR ARMOR!

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6