View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WH40K: ULTRAMARINES/TAU/NECRONS/IMPERIAL GUARD/ORKS 

WH40K: ULTRAMARINES/TAU/NECRONS/IMPERIAL GUARD/ORKS
Five WH40K Factions
One download

CURRENT VERSION (COMBINED RELEASE 2.7)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vvxy7comvtvzqm/WH40K27.rar

ULTRAMARINES

High durability and mastery of the Holy Bolter makes each individual Marine an elite fighting unit. At medium to close ranges, squads can lay down a blistering volley of high calibur gunfire for short periods.
Features:
Specialized Space Marine units can give hell to all sorts of enemy types with relative impunity.
Units:
Scout, Tactical Marine, Assault Marine, Devastator, Terminator
Vehicles:
Rhino, Razorback, Drop Pod

T'AU EMPIRE
An army focusing on long range and high individual unit mobility. Though their ground forces are individually squishy and easily overpowered, they can lay down sustained, precise fire at incredible ranges.
Features:
PEW PEW LAZERS
Units:
Fire Warrior, Squad Leader, Pathfinder, Drone, Crisis Battlesuit, Stealth Battlesuit, Broadside Battlesuit
Vehicles:
Devilfish Transport

NECRONS
Tough and unstoppably violent, the Necrons control the short to mid range with rending energy blasts that seek out life. Slogging through gunfire, they can deliver a slow but persistent barrage of gunfire that even moves around cover to reach their foes.
Features:
Gauss Flayer technology lightning guns will mess people up in a way you've probably sort of seen before.
Units:
Warrior, Immortal, Wraith, Destroyer, Lord
Vehicles:
Monolith, Ghost Ark

IMPERIAL GUARD
With a trusty lasgun in your hands, defend the Imperium of Man against horrible alien threats and cute robots. Everything hurts you but you will press on into the fray. With big tanks at your back, your chances of survival skyrocket!
Features:
Flashlights and heavy armor.
Units:
Imperial Guardsman, Sharpshooter, Stormtrooper, Karskin, Sentinel
Vehicles:
Leman Russ, Valkyrie

ORKS
Cheap, disposable, and genetically inclined to bash things that move, these numerous green hulks can destroy their foes in close combat - and can survive a hearty dose of gunfire to do so. Don't forget all the loud bang bangs!
Features:
Now with 100% more Dakka
Ultimate hipsters since they are unlikely to look the same now.
Units:
Ork Boy, Shoota Boy, Nob, Kommando, Killa Kan
Vehicles:
Ork Landa

CURRENT VERSION (COMBINED RELEASE 2.7)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vvxy7comvtvzqm/WH40K27.rar

Play all five factions off against each other with just one big download!

TO DO:

40K is so expansive, why even make a list when you can just open up any given codex and see all the things that could be?

CREDITS:

Games Workshop - 40K
Relic Entertainment - the Dawn of War game series, from which many of these sound clips come from

Space Marines based off of the originals by Ivan21/Wingwolf/RideTheLightning247 http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18911&hilit=space+marines+ivan
Orks based off of the originals by Ork-Gothic http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13509
Necrons based off of the originals by Ork-Gothic, also on http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13509
Tau based off of the originals by Grenade http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13537

Recoil scripts built off of Mehman's recoil scripts.
Tau/Necron Hover code script built off of Mehman's tank script.
Tau Pathfinder/Ork movement script built off of Mehman's Mobility script.
The Stealth Battlesuit invisiblity script built off of DarlosD9's D6Yoseii script.
The Melta Gun practically is CC48's T52 Focus Gun.

AndyChangelee/Monfufu/NeoSeeker for Beta testing this behemoth

Probably lots of other things that I can't think of right now.

Play. Coordinate. Destroy. Enjoy!

Attachments:
40K.jpg
40K.jpg [ 257.69 KiB | Viewed 55829 times ]

Last edited by DudeAbides on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 am

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Post Re: WH40K: MARINES/TAU/NECRONS
HOLY CRAP SOMEONE FINALLY DID A MONOLITH WELL.

Straight off, though, do you think you could have it hovering lower? The idea of its aesthetic is that it's supposed to be ambiguous if it's floating or slowly sliding.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02 am
Profile WWW

Havn't tested it mostly cause i can't since i'm stuck in safe mode until i get a new computer but i seen a few noticable dislikes within the pictures.

the Terminator legs look smaller to hold onto the body , as well as the fact the actor looks small far too small to be a Terminator. most of the space marine appears to lack a backpack (not a jetpack a backpack)
the Terminator body is quite large and bulky as showed in the pic.

the senser on the Tau drones appears to look like it just shoved ontop of the drone (or stuck to they side) rather than be part of the drone.
as the image show's the Senser imbeds into the top of the shell and nothing much is seen under it.

Anywho, if you're planning on any other factions such as Chaos or imperial guards i got a few sprites done for both as well as a large amount of space marine weapons (plasma cannon, Multi Melta and combi weapons)

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 am

Call me biased, but the Marines really, really bug me, even more than the IoM compilation's marines having comically oversized heads bugs me. The armour itself all looks way too shiny; Marine armour is never that shiny, unless you're a Grey Knight. The legs in general look weird as ♥♥♥♥ with that constant just-very-slightly-crouched stance. Assaults still have awful jetpacks that can barely lift them and their weapon, and both chapters being enabled at once is just... bad.

The Monolith looks too short, like it's missing a section in the middle, and I agree that it seems to be hovering a little too high. The Lord's staff has regenerating ammo but can also be reloaded, which seems... odd.

All that aside, if you want to contribute/cooperate in regards to the IoM recompilation, then I'm all ears and have been since I started my work on it. I honestly don't really see the point in having two seperate packs unless your balance changes are going to be that amazingly radically different, which they honestly don't seem to be so far.

Finally, folder structure is rather messy and could do with cleaning up and possibly overhauling to ease future modding, although it won't have much (if any) impact ingame. But that's no excuse for bad organization. ;) Also, I recommend going through the folders with 'display hidden files' enabled and trimming out all those thumbs.db files, as they bloat up the file download sizes unnecessarily.

Last edited by Arcalane on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:23 pm
Profile YIM

I really like this compilation, nice work you got there! I specially like the tau.

I believe almost all sprites are fine, but the space marine legs could be a bit more wide,
take a look to LordVonKain, try to keep proportion in sprites of size limbs-torso.
About the actor list in space marines, you could add detailed descriptions telling the
difference of actors or make 5 actors and make the game randomly pick up the sprites
depending the rank of the actor selected...

You got my thumbs up :wink:

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:11 pm

i personally would suggest not bother much on the imperium of man side mostly cause Arcalane got that said covered, which give you more time to update and smoothen up the Tau and Cron's as well as do the orks and any xeno's.

in which could lead to a group of people doing one Large warhammer project but different people doing different things, i'll do the Chaos, Arcalane doing the imperium and Dude does the Xenos. Just a suggestions really do as you feel fit just be quite interesting to see more warhammer factions in (mostly the Eldars Which i may do a few sprites for cause why the hell not.)

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Quote:
i personally would suggest not bother much on the imperium of man side mostly cause Arcalane got that said covered...

Suggestion noted, though I will continue to 'bother much' with the Space Marines.

I understand that Arcalane has done a fine job compiling an increasingly thorough catalogue of WH40K Space Marine stuff. His goal of adding in as much stuff relevant to the IoM is clear and I will probably never have as much stuff or as many accurate WH40K stats in my mod pack as his does. I see that there are many opportunities to compare the two mods, but I encourage you to view this pack as it is, and enjoy the features that have been implemented rather than compare details of this mod pack to another, differently intentioned mod.

That being said, I hope you still enjoy! I'm listening to your nitpicks and trying to find ways to make everything look less silly to the harder-core Warhammer fan.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 am

Well, you're going to have to remove wraiths then, Wraiths no longer exist for necrons.

Monolith also refuses to fire for any amount of rage capable of hitting somthing.

Necron weapons are innaccurate, being some sqiggly orky mess of flying mess being what they fire, with the necron lord being a cheesy thing thanks to being tough and spraying out so many of these things it becomes a blender for anything in front of it.

Tau battlesuit sounds get stuck (mainly the Burst cannon) , and have issues where they start hovering in the air. couple with this with the lack of tracers for the tau makes them undesireable.

The Marines don't fare much better, a lot of the marines with their pre-equiped equipment are not cannonical correct for their job, and most fire far far to quickly for canons sake, They do not fire like in the game space marine. (Hint they fire like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BD8uiTUGw)

The Rhino and it's variant also are not cortex command friendly, Due to tanks not working fluently within the game, they get stuck, chip away at terrian like diggers and are hard to use, unless you make the utterly side on, and use that APC from another mod to make four wheels under it, and use a farcade of non clipping goodness to cover it up, and they are far to tough, a melta gun should really punch a hole in it and vaporise it.

Melta guns don't recharge either, they use a canister of gas as ammo, and it changed like a clip or a magazine

On the good side there are the sprites and some of the effects, the melta gun fire looks nice and is Canon correct, the storm bolter is the right size but lacks the Massive boxclip for its 48 round mag, (

In short, "i personally would suggest not bother much on the imperium of man", focus on the necrons insted and their green flash lighting beams of stripping. Infact, why not join the collab, there is a room for the necrons.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 pm

DrVonBarron wrote:
Necron weapons are innaccurate, being some sqiggly orky mess of flying mess being what they fire, with the necron lord being a cheesy thing thanks to being tough and spraying out so many of these things it becomes a blender for anything in front of it.

As far as I can tell, the effects for that seem based on Findude's RF:G Nano Rifle judging by how the particles tunnel through terrain, and how they shred actors. I think it's actually a really good way of handling how the gauss flayers would actually work in terms of damage, but I agree that the spray effect itself is ridiculous, both in terms of appearance and damage.

There's a bunch of unused sprites that seem set for making Dawn-of-War-style gauss bolt-beams, so either it was changed from how it worked before, or it's still a work in progress. I haven't poked at the original Necron mod so I can't say for certain.

I know Kettenkrad/Asklar made some fancy lightning bolt/electrical arc scripts; if you can get permission to use it, tweak it to fire greenish gauss arcs... it should also be trivial to have it spawn a bunch of the flayer particles at the impact point.

--

Quote:
On the good side there are the sprites and some of the effects, the melta gun fire looks nice and is Canon correct

Seconding this, though. This Meltagun is nice. Can I lift the effects from it for the IoM comp? The current melta uses an awful fixed beam that I really want to get rid of. :(

Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:

Quote:
On the good side there are the sprites and some of the effects, the melta gun fire looks nice and is Canon correct

Seconding this, though. This Meltagun is nice. Can I lift the effects from it for the IoM comp? The current melta uses an awful fixed beam that I really want to get rid of. :(

Seeing how you can't copywrite it until it's torn away from the metla gun, go ahead with it, he did say that he hammered it together out of other mods.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Okay, so previously I addressed a lot of quotes and I think it was counterproductive. So before I go on getting Warhammer info books and references shoved into my face in every single reply to this mod set, hear me out:

The various stats of Warhammer characters and weapons are represented differently throughout it's many iterations. There doesn't seem to be a set way that any of it is represented; it is all done to effect.

For example, the tabletop book represents Bolter fire only through actions per turn. The Fire Warrior game represents Bolters as slow, miniature rocket launchers. The Space Marine game represents the Bolter similarly, though it's rate of fire in game has been purported to change with lag! In Dawn of War, an individual Bolter is represented as a rapid fire, machine gun type weapon. In official Warhammer artwork, the Bolter is frequently shown shooting bursts of gunfire, or ejecting cartridges in a rapid fire action; whether or not any of these examples could be considered artistic license is besides the point, because what I'm saying is that these things are all different based on what they needed the Bolter to do in that particular fiction/product/image.

Try and have fun!

Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:31 am

I'm impressedImage
good job!Image
need more.... need ORKZZZzzz Image

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 pm
Profile ICQ

bolters are Semi automatic gun that shoot Bullets that explode upon impact on Flesh (not walls etc etc.) the reason why most games see it as automatic is because space marine have epic trigger displince (spelt wrong) in short, they pull the trigger REALLY fast.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:32 pm

I would love to see the flayed ones for necrons next update!

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

Hey, don't let all these other guys get you down, this is a great mod, if Arcalanes 40k pack didn't have Imprial guard I wouldn't even have it installed anymore (Sorry Arcalane :oops: )
So far I think you've done everything right, apart from one or two minor things, Firstly the guns all seem to terrain rape, the necrons seem to be the worst, but I'm pretty sure thats an easy fix. Secondly the bolters great, but with its current ammo capacity and its boltyness (thats a word now) I think semi auto would be a better option. I love the melta gun, and i don't know what these guys are going on about, anyway, great mod, keep up the good work.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next