View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 One Man Army Extended - 2.6 for build 30 

Post Re: One Man Army Extended - Play as whatever you want
I understand your opinion, so all those little problems will be gone for build 27 and I think that will be really great. But I don't know when is going to be released or updated.

However, I would really thank it if someone would make the necessary changes to play this extended version on multiplayer mode because I really enjoy this one actor survival to play it with a friend of mine (for actual build 26). And I have to admit it can be a bit annoying to see your mates destroyed by your own jetpack but we have get used to avoid it (and if it happens we just start again).

It is also true that I'm really new in the cortex command world and that I have just learned how to add mods and scenes to my game. Unfortunately I'm useless in programming, that's why, by now, I'm going to wait for any of these two posibilities.

Apart from that, I think it is a great game and that it has a nice fan forum.

Finally, I would just want to add a comment for programmers making build 27: I think introducing non-colliding and NO friendly fire makes the game easier to play and maybe more enjoyable, even that, I think it would be interesting to mantain them as switchable options (specially Friendly fire ON/OFF) because some of us can enjoy saying to ourselves things like:"Ooops, I shouldn't have contuned firing, now my AI ally's head has been destroyed by my last pumpgun round..."

We can say I prefer to offer the gamer as more options as possible (in the possibilities programmers can do it).

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Is it possible to make a version of this that lets crafts be considered the soldier? If so, can you make that as another version or if its a simple edit just tell me how.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:05 am

mouseman89 wrote:
Is it possible to make a version of this that lets crafts be considered the soldier? If so, can you make that as another version or if its a simple edit just tell me how.

In theory you just have to open the Lua script under OMAE.rte/Activities, go to line 95 and change "AHuman" for "ACDropship" or "ACRocket" or whatever kind of actor you want to play as.

Under the letter A of this list you have some info and types to put between quotation marks in the script:
http://wiki.datarealms.com/index.php/Category:Modding

Note however that you might have a problem with ships that are composed of more than one actor. If turrets or parts of the dropship disappear when you make this change, then it's no longer a simple edit :-(

I don't have much time to update the mod now, but I hope to add things soon.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm probably missing something hideously simple, but is there any way to add more scenes to the selection screen?

Ed: Nevermind, got it. The desired map needs to have an 'LZ All' zone. Problem solved!

Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
I'm probably missing something hideously simple, but is there any way to add more scenes to the selection screen?

Ed: Nevermind, got it. The desired map needs to have an 'LZ All' zone. Problem solved!

Anyway anyone could provide greater detail on this?

Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 am

In the scene ini definition, eg Forest 1.ini in Base.rte/Scenes/Scenes/, there needs to be an area with the name 'LZ All'. Place it however/wherever you want and you're set. Just look at the existing LZ areas to get an idea of how they work.

Fri May 11, 2012 10:16 am
Profile YIM

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Sun May 13, 2012 12:42 am

This is perhaps one of my favorite activities in CC to play currently. The only improvements I could think of would be to have some kind of 2 player support, regardless of possible friendly fire and collision.

Me and my friends laugh the hardest when it's one of us that accidentally loses control while using the jetpack at high speeds and obliterates the other while trying to find them.

Same goes for grenades, rockets, all of that. It's both hilarious and preventable. After our third round, the rare times we killed each other was almost entirely with weapon misfire.

That's all opinion though, of course. Great work!

Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 am

Post Re: One Man Army Extended - Now with friend compatibility!
Updated the mod. Now 100% more compatible with your friends! Should support all 4 players.
If any of you dies then it's over!

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:47 pm

Post Re: One Man Army Extended - Now multiplayer!
Activity Does not show up for me.

Any idea why ( I remembered to De-encrypt )?

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:24 am

Now what would make everything just a little better, would be for you to make o.m.a. diggers only multiplayer.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm

I was actually looking for console commands today so I could do just this on the digger oma!
Any chance you could do the same for that mode aswell?
Great job!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:41 pm

This isn't compatible with 1.0 :(. I really love this activity. I hope you update it soon.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:25 am

This is a great little activity; however, if you do update for 1.0, I'd appreciate it if you made the timer not start counting until all players have made their selections; quite often I'll spend a little too long selecting equipment and the actual round will only go for, like, 10 seconds.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:56 am

MageKing17 wrote:
This is a great little activity; however, if you do update for 1.0, I'd appreciate it if you made the timer not start counting until all players have made their selections; quite often I'll spend a little too long selecting equipment and the actual round will only go for, like, 10 seconds.

Yeah, Whenever I played this in B27, I would end up finishing my selection after like, 20 secconds of thinking, and it would instantly say "win" because the round -started- while I was selecting, and since there was no enemy, it didn't spawn the units to try to kill me, so when I -did- spawn, it basically thought the enemy ran out of -funds- rather then actually using a timer @_@

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next