View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 RAZOR PSC B30 

Post Re: RAZOR PSC 0.9
DudeAbides wrote:
I have noticed the weird sound bugs (RogerRogerRogerRoger). Let me assure you that I have no idea what is going wrong and that nothing will be done to fix this. Seriously though, this is a problem new to the release of 1.0 and I have zero ideas about what could be causing it. If some helpful person would like to chip in with strange arcane knowledges then by all means, let me know what the deal is.

Just need to transcode the Gachuck.wav file to a codec that works, such as OGG Vorbis. Here's my transcode if it helps:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26101/Gachuck.ogg

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:08 am

Post Re: RAZOR PSC 0.9
So, continuing my short-lived so far tradition of meddling in other people's mods, I have made a rudimentary Loadouts.ini for RAZOR 8) .

Included are said Loadouts and Index.ini for making them available. Both Veterans not included (after all, they are supposed to be elite stormtroopers, not regulars, but, on the other hand, a Sniper is (although he has literally almost none armor at all).

Also, all troops are delivered by either dropship or drop crate - I don't know about you, but I don't use rockets if I can avoid it. I blame B24 AI.

Just drop both files into your RAZOR.rte file.

EDIT: Zipped for ease of use.
EDIT^2: Feel free to include in OP until a proper one is up.

Attachments:
File comment: Extract to RAZOR.rte
RAZOR Patch.zip [914 Bytes]
Downloaded 385 times
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Post Re: RAZOR PSC 0.95
Small-arms power-armor hell is back for B1.05. Because in the future of warfare, lots of bullets are still relevant.

RAZOR PSC 0.95

-Prices slashed to compensate for lack of jetpack.
-Healing system nerfed slightly.
-No more 'zombie' soldiers due to healing system.
-Campaign loadouts fixed (far as I can tell).
-New down-planet pod deploys into immobile cover.
-Veteran Squad command brain unit added.
-Coops' fantastic Unit Selection sound system removes repeated radio transmissions from troops.
-Blockwars/Tartarus lua file included.

0.96 Stealth Update: Because it's not that important but sorta cool
-Healing system reimplemented in all it's glory because more is better
-NPC7 injections fixed (maybe)
-Reloading stances
-New RTTLX functionality, same visual flair.

Last edited by DudeAbides on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Post Re: RAZOR PSC 0.95
I like this mod.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Re: RAZOR PSC 0.96
Just asking, as I enjoy the mod alot, would this work on the CortexShock scene?

Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 am

Post Re: RAZOR PSC 0.96
Quote:
would this work on the CortexShock scene?

It actually does work with Cortexshock. Look in RAZOR's Index.ini. The CortexShock elements are merely commented out and can easily be put back into the game.

However: I have not rebalanced RAZOR's CortexShock campaign since B27 introduced the 'shoot through friendlies' change - meaning that it can be done but it will be hard as hell (in the worst way). Right now I'm looking into making RAZOR specific mooks (like grungy looking future guys in leather jackets with T shirts so bullets just chew through them - think mohawk punks from 80s action movies, those guys in the Robocop coke factory scene, any human that gets beat up by the Terminators, etc) before I make a real release of RAZOR again - so for now, just play with them in Campaign or Skirmishes, and avoid the frustration of getting mowed down by relatively invincible CC guys.

That being said - getting RAZOR to work with CortexShock is probably priority number one for me as far as CC goes.

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:27 pm

DudeAbides wrote:
RAZOR Private Security Company Technologies and Manpower.

*SNIP*

Please sire, please explain to me your weapon reloading Lua script.

I'm trying to coolify some mod updates with a rotation script for the weapon reload, and I wanted to know how I'd change the angular rotation to my liking

Is this part the answer I seek?

if self:IsReloading() then
self.recoil = 0.0;

if self.HFlipped then
self.negatore = 1;
else
self.negatore = -1;
end

local angle = self.RotAngle;
self.RotAngle = angle + 0.6 * self.negatore;
end

does this reset the position of the weapon to a default 0,0 and then rotate from that setting?

please sire!!!!!!!

Also, may I have permission to use your script in my mods with proper credit of course? D:

Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:12 am

B30 Build of RAZOR. Complete rebuild for the B30 rebalance.

-Drop Pod stripped down.

-Rebalanced all weapon damage, ROF, reload times.
-New and cleaned up lua widgets for weapons.
-Altered designs to make weapons more quickly recognizable and functionalities more distinct.

-Repriced all units
-Jetpacks for all RAZOR units.
-Onboard pain killer injections are now unlimited, but they still won't grow back that limb that got blown off.
-Stripped down number of units, removed pre-equips.
-New RAZOR Superheavy for all your tanking needs.

Get Some:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6za0h ... OR.rte.rar

Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:12 am

DudeAbides wrote:
B30 Build of RAZOR. Complete rebuild for the B30 rebalance.

-Drop Pod stripped down.

-Rebalanced all weapon damage, ROF, reload times.
-New and cleaned up lua widgets for weapons.
-Altered designs to make weapons more quickly recognizable and functionalities more distinct.

-Repriced all units
-Jetpacks for all RAZOR units.
-Onboard pain killer injections are now unlimited, but they still won't grow back that limb that got blown off.
-Stripped down number of units, removed pre-equips.
-New RAZOR Superheavy for all your tanking needs.

Get Some:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6za0h ... OR.rte.rar

I love you.

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:55 am

Post Re: RAZOR PSC B30
The jump packs are a bit op since you can tap and infinite fly pretty well, even using a heavy actor + autoshotgun + shield + heavy pistol.

Outside of that this is seriously awesome and may be the most polished and balanced thing you've ever released (I may be wrong about the latter part though). The weapons are all cool and feel really nice - I love the idea of the automatic versatile range gun working through recoil. I'm not quite sure the point of the railgun smg vs the assault rifle, I guess range vs sheer damage?

It could use some heavy weapons for the heavy though, and it'd be really sweet if you could get some custom ai on the shield bot that makes it try to go between enemy actors and friendly actors to block shots. That'd probably be a lot of hassle to get working nicely though, so I'd be surprised if you went for it.

But yeah, in short, great job this is awesome!

Edit: Maybe not quite polished enough haha. The drop pods dig through dirt ridiculously but act really unnaturally on angled edges (they don't tilt and don't dig in at all so they need some help. Also, the auto healing can send actors over 100 health, but only slightly (101 or 102 usually though I've seen 105 once), which makes it seem like a glitch rather than a deliberate action. Still great though, had some fun breaching a bunker with them.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 am

Hey Bad Boy, glad you're diggin it!

I booted up the pack after uploading it and discovered the hilarious/terrible drop-pod-falling-through-the-earth thing. Turns out just running simulations with units spawning and not testing the aircraft was a stupid idea. I fixed it up recently in my mod folder (a deepcheck issue, mostly) and will include it in either a patch or release, depending on how many little things end up getting changed. Also I'm considering adding some sort of future helicopter aircraft dropship thing, as the pod almost seems out of place with these flying power armor guys. Also I can fix up the heatlh increase pretty easily with an if/then check during the healing cycle - I guess 3 or 4 health never bothered me because it doesn't amount to a whole lot with these guys, but I can see how maxing out at 100 looks more deliberate.

At first I thought the weapon count was high enough, but maybe I do need some huge weapons for smashing things and not just pelting them with a thousand bullets. I'm not terribly sure if there is too much overlap in functionalities. If there are any weapons that are too similar, feel free to let me know and I'll either differentiate them some more or strip them out of the pack and have one of two weapons take up those qualities. Heavy Weapons will be in the works if I can come up with anything interesting enough.

Need to find a way to nerf the jetpack's fuel supply while maintaining the high velocity thrust on every activation of the jet function. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download/45tbu ... ZOR101.rar for the newest version, including fixed drop pods, reparied RFS sprites, and health that tops out at 100. Sorry all 70 people who got the previous download, get it again!

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 pm

DudeAbides wrote:
Need to find a way to nerf the jetpack's fuel supply while maintaining the high velocity thrust on every activation of the jet function. Anyone have any ideas?

Jetpack balancing is a huge ♥♥♥♥♥ - even a difference of .1-.2 kilos on the particles and 500-1000ppm on the jetpack can make something go from really strong to fairly weak. What I'd suggest for a high-kick, low-duration jetpack is high-mass particles with a high PPM (probably in the 7-8k range) on the jetpack itself, then just ensure the actor has a low jumptime. That should provide enough oomph for a good launch without being like a jump pack/super jump kind of thing.

Ultimately it's going to take a lot of fiddling and tweaking, and I'm still not sure exactly how to calculate/gauge a jetpack's effectiveness. Kinda wish there was a calculator for that kinda thing.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 pm
Profile YIM

Haven't played the newest version but in the previous one the AR seems a bit redundant with the variable range gun and the smg. I guess it's simply better than them but I don't really know, something to distinguish it more would be good, even an underslung grenade launcher or something not too original would probably work. Outside of that I think you're good, though a few heavy weapons would probably be a good addition (at least add an hmg/chaingun equivalent for the heavy).

As for the jetpack, I know ♥♥♥♥ all about ini so I can't help you there, but I can throw out an idea I never implemented - instead of using a cc jetpack, something like dawn of war's jetpacks might be cool. So rather than actually flying it would launch you to a targeted position.
Selecting the distance to jump could be done either by moving/scrolling right or left while holding jump or by having it increase steadily as jump is held (or maybe some other way, I dunno). Either way, on releasing jump the actor jumps to the selected position. You'd obviously want the position to be moved to ground and you'd want to show a targeting icon for it.
This'd obviously take a fair deal of lua and would be hell on the ai (probably better to have their jump act like the current one if you do this) but I think it'd be pretty cool. Obviously up to you if you wanna do it.

Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:48 pm

I'm not too sure which gun you are talking about when you say AR - Maybe the APS? Here's the list of guns and my thinking on each

FLG (Fairly Large Gun) - A gun that shoots lots of bullets. Depending on unit (AHuman) sharpness, it's either an awesome super accurate shooter for all ranges or a klutzy spray and pray.
APS (All Purpose Shooter) - For sniping, rapid fire destruction, or everything in between. A weapon that can do both but isn't the best at either extreme. Easier to use than the FLG for long range applications, but kicks like a mule.
AES (Anti-Everything Sniper) - High powered sniper rifle, preferably for things that are far away.
RFS (Really Fast Shooter) - Designed to unload 50 rounds in as little time as possible. Not for long range.
MAW - Heavy support machinegun. Pretty accurate but excels more as a support weapon to spray bullets in the general direction of enemies.
M50 - A fast shotgun for tearing things up at mid range.

Some sort of chaingun or heavier weapon would definitely be good, but the MAW basically covers heavy weapons. I guess the chaingun could be faster and have a bigger magazine. Either that or some sort of grenade launcher, since RAZOR only has thrown explosives. Have considered making it so that with the Superheavy unit you get additional ammo every reload?

As for targeted jumps, I've always been a fan of different Y axis maneuvering methods (why I had a jump for these guys instead of a jetpack for so long), but as it stands the AI is great/can get around properly with jetpacks, and is not equipped to deal with any other means of vertical movement. A targeted jump might be cool for a player controlled character, but it causes trouble for however many other guys you have running around on your team.

I might look into getting the shield drones to move around on the field intelligently though. There might be a way to make it periodically check for visible enemies, and then have it check for friendlies to move between them? It will be a lot of math, I am sure.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:05 am

Sorry, that was really vague of me, I meant the MAW. It seems to me to lack the kick (or expense) of a heavy weapon, the fact that it's called 'medium assault weapon' doesn't help that either. I didn't even realise it was supposed to be their hmg, it's got less stopping power than any base game hmg I think, or at least it feels that way. Maybe make it larger caliber but more inaccurate, with the option to unpack it to gain back accuracy or something?
I agree with you, you definitely don't need an hmg and a chaingun, this just needs to feel less like an ar with a large clip.

Additional ammo for rapid fire guns sounds like it could be neat, simulate a belt fed gun or whatever. A gl would be cool too, or some sort of autocannon style thing. As you say, they could probably use an explosive weapon.

You're right about targeted jumps, they definitely wouldn't work for the ai without a lot of effort. As I mentioned, you'd need to keep the ai using some alternative (such as the current jetpack) and only have the targeted jumps be a thing when player controlled (or make it pie menu swappable or something). Though yeah, it's a lot of effort for not a lot of gain, so I doubt it makes sense.

Forgot to mention, yeah a dropship would be a good addition (particularly if it's armed :D), especially since the drop crate's so expensive.
Also, I'm not sure how you did the drop crate ejecting but there's some weirdness with it sometimes, where the actor appears underground and to the right. I've had it happen in concrete and I think dirt too. Also you should consider making it gib more quickly, it's a bit weird how it sometimes sits there for a bit puffing out fire/smoke.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next