View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 New World Industries [V1.1] 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

New World Industries [V1.1]
New World Industries

Code:
Backstory:

New World Industries was created when a small group of interesting individuals managed to survive for two months on a desolated planet using using only scrap parts of ruined cities and long-forgotten battlefields.
After being rescued, they realised that in war not everything is lost, literally; most destroyed robots, clones and weapons aren't completely unusable. In fact, many parts can be salvaged and can be put together with some creativity to get them working again.

Some years after that event, they decided to travel to different warzones and take anything that could be used again. With an initial investment, they could get some weapons and clones being fabricated in series. Producing them was so cheap that they could manage to provide TradeStars with their products, until they became the large company they are now.

Actually, they not only buy salvaged parts, they also buy clones from other companies and parts from their weapons to create their own, high quality products.

ImageImageImage

NW Drop Pod: A cheap way to transport soldiers and items to the field.

Recycled Robot Light: Using mostly Dummy and Coalition parts, this unit can move quickly through the battlefield without being weak.

Recycled Robot Heavy: This Frankenstein is almost as tough as a Browncoat and comes issued with armor; still, it is very mobile. With recent technologies, now it can generate an absorption shield in the direction it's facing. This wonderful new addition makes him even sturdier, being able to shield himself and his party from incoming gunfire or bombing runs! (Activate pressing R)

Special Operations Unit: Upon signing a contract with the Coalition, some Coalition Light Clones are bought and enhanced in many ways to become the elite trooper of the New World Industries.

NW Mech: Mostly Dreadnought scraps combined with highly resilient Techion alloys, this high-technology mech sports a high-velocity energy machine gun and features an emergency forcefield, designed to push nearby enemies when it's health drops low.

Recycled Brain Robot: Mounted in a hardened recycled robot light chassis, your brain has never been more secure! The addition of a static absorption shield protects it from any threat.

See the shields in action here:

NW Energized Pistol: The only weapon created from scratch by NWI. It energizes a small slug and fires it at very high speeds. It's very powerful.

NW Assault Blaster: Created using parts from the Blaster and Assault rifle, this is the standard Sub Machine Gun produced by New World Industries. Can be wielded with one hand.

NW Shotgun: Heavy duty shotgun designed for crowd control and short range combat. Can be wielded with one hand. Now comes with bouncy rounds for increased effectiveness in-doors.

NW Battle Rifle: Accurate and strong, this is the standard weapon issued for your troops, effective at most ranges.

NW Heavy Flamer: Using Dummy plastic as a fuel, this flamer generates a very strong, blue flame.

NW Sniper Rifle: It has the strength of the Coalition Heavy Sniper with the range and portability of the Ronin's Kar98.

Tactical Grenade Launcher: This grenade launcher is completely unique. The grenades it fires will direct it's blast towards the nearest enemy; now even shooting over cover or down a parallel corridor is possible.

NW Autocannon: Fires non-exploding, solid metal slugs.

NW Revolver Cannon: This weapon can easily tear apart foes from lightly armored to heavily fortified.

NW Energy Mauler: Using Coalition and Dummy technology, this shotgun-energy cannon hybrid was created.

NW Gatling Gun: The amount of raw violence and gore generated by this thing is ridiculous. It fires regular .40 rounds and .60 Sniper Rounds as tracers.

NW Hand-Held Colossus Launcher: It fires rockets typically found on gunships. Not intended for short range or in-door combat.

U-VLR: After signing a scientific treaty with TradeStar Midas and some years of development, the Ultra-Violet Laser Rifle was ready to be used in the field.

Red Hand Flare: Light and drop this demolition flare and our engineers will strike the area with anti-infantry and anti-bunker bombs.

Close Quartes Grenade: This grenade has a small blast radius, useful for combat in tight spaces. Still, don't get too near!

D-Charge: Place near doors or narrow walls and blast them open.

Anti-Infantry Bomb: For Dropship use. It has a large blast radius excellent for hitting running enemies.

Anti-Bunker Bomb: For Dropship use. Drop over bunkers to open them and let your troopers get in.

W-Digger: Digs on wide arcs, useful for tunneling. It will dig slower through bunker materials.

Red Flare Gun: Shoot flares far away into enemy territory and watch them die under your artillery.

NW Energized Pistol (Offhand): Offhand version of the Energized Pistol for added firepower.

NW Assault Blaster (Offhand): Offhand version of the Assault Blaster for added damage per second.

NW Shield: Created with unique materials, it can block small caliber bullets and absorb a large amount of damage before breaking.

Metal Walls: Have always been present in the catalogue but never advertised because our marketing team isn't our strong point. Reinforce your bunkers with tough metal walls!

What are you waiting for?
Get your catalog today!

Attachment:
File comment: V1.1:
-Features NW Mech.
-New shield mechanics for some actors (activate with R).
-New loadouts with the NW Mech.
-NW Battle Rifle Improvement
--Tweaked Spite to look less like an M16
--Made semi-auto, stronger shots, less ammunition, slower rate of fire, slightly slower reload.
-General Weapon Revision

NewWorldIndustries.rte.rar [928.35 KiB]
Downloaded 4069 times

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first mod ever, which was un-released until today. I cleaned up much content it had, and re-did every weapon from scratch. I still have the original version anyway.

Credits:
Asklar - Coding, scripting, "sprites", main idea.
Cortex Command Developer's Team - Original sprites, sounds.
Data - Cortex Command.
David Rodrigov and some other forum users I don't remember - They originally beta-tested the first versions.

Last edited by Asklar on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 am

Post Re: New World Industries
Another great mod from Asklar.
Nice, really like it!

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:44 am
Profile YIM WWW

trystanr wrote:
Another great mod from Asklar.
Nice, really like it!

Asklar wrote:
This is my first mod ever...

Huh? *does not compute* *error!*
/me explodes.

Edit: Ah, I get it. Your first but previously unreleased mod.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:19 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Those are "new sprites", as in "they didn't exist before and I created them". The origin of the sprites, on the other hand... And note how I mean all the sprites that I modified in some way, that means almost everything aside from the Recycled Robots.

Oh Non, why do you say it as if I was trying to take credit of it? Everyone knows I can't sprite stuff, I just mixed some things around to get something decent that I could call "own", even if it's mostly not mine :roll:

Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Anyway, Non, you are right.

Also, updating on a while for B27 Metagame Compatibility and some other tweaking.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:15 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: New World Industries [Weapon UPDATE]
BUMPDATE!

Added some weapons, optimized the loadouts and some other jazz.
I'm probably not touching this mod anymore, unless someone gives me a very good idea to improve this.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 pm
Banned

Post Re: New World Industries [Weapon UPDATE]
sooorry this was for trappers but i really like this mode especially th new world heavy flamer.
sorry again guys!!!

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:25 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: New World Industries [Compatibility UPDATE]
Bumpdated again.

Added faction files for UL2, fixed some bugs on the AI and did something else, but I forgot.

Welp, that's it.

Enjoy :roll:

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Sir, may I be one of the first to say that this mod is absolutely fabulous.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:48 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hellevator wrote:
Sir, may I be one of the first to say that this mod is absolutely fabulous.

Oh God, this comment made my day.

Thanks!

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Your welcome!
If you could maybe do some ACrabs here and there...

Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:54 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Oh yeah, I had that idea a while ago, but I'm not sure which things to combine to create it.

I was thinking on using the Coalition's Gatling Drone's gun as the weapon and use the Dreadnought, but that isn't very creative.

Maybe using some imperatus legs as the ACrab's legs?

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:01 am

Hmm. The Imperatus robot legs look sufficiently scrappy
Slap a jetpack on that and you have yourself an ACrab, my friend.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:03 am

I'm impressed.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, thank you, Mr. thesoupiest.

Your impressions are always welcome.

Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next