View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next
 Untitled Tech 2.5 (B31) [26th April 2015] 

Post Re: Untitled Tech (WIP)
Arcalane wrote:
Why not both? Have it face the player, drop troops from a centerline/underbelly hatch, and have an automated gatling laser turret on each side of the hatch? Shouldn't be too difficult to pull off.

---

"The Dominion" is nice and snappy.

Yes and yes, I like it I like it. You could ask Gotcha for help with the attachment and control scripts for the turrets, maybe even get help for the dropship itself.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Didn't you guys see this?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:12 am

Yes. Yes I did.

More Fallout is always a good thing. More more more MORE MORE.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:25 am

Absolutely love the mod! The weapons seem to be pretty balanced but the should laser weapons do most damage? Its alright right now. The sprites are wicked too. And if you're really planning to do the NCR, are you gonna add different classes with different looking armors?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 am

I WAS NOT PLANNING ON MAKING THIS A FALLOUT MOD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Please, don't suggest me to add Fallout-based stuff anymore, this is exactly why I didn't want to make a Fallout mod.

I won't make a Vertibird because spriting them and making them look as close as possible to the original ones is a very tough job, but I might give a shot at making some kind of dropship.

Roy the Cuttlefish wrote:
I personally feel that taking two games, especially ones that don't have a lot of relation and shoving them together kind of ruins both of them.

I'm trying to keep it as far away as possible to this, because they are two completely different games.

If the Fallout (3/NV) references feel too irritating, I can change the names and sprites of the weapons, if you like.

I know this one is mostly based on the earlier Fallout games, but I highly recommend checking it out.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:19 pm

4zK wrote:
I WAS NOT PLANNING ON MAKING THIS A FALLOUT MOD IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Please, don't suggest me to add Fallout-based stuff anymore, this is exactly why I didn't want to make a Fallout mod.

I won't make a Vertibird because spriting them and making them look as close as possible to the original ones is a very tough job, but I might give a shot at making some kind of dropship.

You've kinda shot yourself in the foot from square 1 by spriting the 3/NV weapons, though. If you want people to stop bugging you about that sort of thing, I'd suggest you go through and redo the weapons accordingly, simply because the association will always be there if you leave them as they are. :???:

Making it too Vertibird like seems silly anyway. Branch out! Something fancy and high-tech along the lines of the V-22 Osprey or something would probably work nicely. Just swap the props for jets or something if need be.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:10 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
You've kinda shot yourself in the foot from square 1 by spriting the 3/NV weapons, though.

Yeah, I know it's mostly my own fault for making such heavy references to the game in the first place, but I'll try to keep it on a reasonable level from now on. :oops:

Also, updated to 1.2, many minor changes but not too much new content.

EDIT: Apparently, the toxic gas script still isn't working, it only checks the mask for 1 actor. Also, the heavy actor seems to get exit wounds in it's butt very easily for some reason. :???:
(could anyone good with lua be very kind and work out the gas script, please? I'm not entirely sure how to...)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:45 pm

Will you implement close combat Laser Drones too?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:57 pm

MuffinzExe wrote:
Will you implement close combat Laser Drones too?

I could make a drone that uses toxic gas as a close-combat weapon. How does that sound? It would be handy in tight bunkers, you could dispose of enemies nice and clean, without any guts getting spilled around :)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:07 pm

4zK wrote:
I could make a drone that uses toxic gas as a close-combat weapon. How does that sound?

DO WANT.

Yes, it sound kinda cool. I would preffer tearing the enemy apart so fast that there isn't much left to block my way but toxic gas is awesome too. :P

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Realy well done! Keep making detailed good unique weapons!

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

Post Re: Untitled Tech (WIP) 1.3
Updated to 1.3! Lots of little tweaks and polishing!

Credit to Roy the Cuttlefish for inspiring me to do a proper storyline!

MuffinzExe wrote:
I would preffer tearing the enemy apart so fast that there isn't much left to block my way but toxic gas is awesome too.

You can use diggers for that :lol: The 'Gasser' drone is added now, but it seems a bit dull so I might remove it in a future update.
Cybernetic wrote:

Thank you! :grin: Even though most of the weapons are heavily based on the Fallout: New Vegas game

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:39 pm

4zK wrote:
Cybernetic wrote:

Thank you! :grin: Even though most of the weapons are heavily based on the Fallout: New Vegas game

Does it look like I care, they've been taken out of that context and are unique to CC lol. Plus you had to sprite them and all. ...still upsets me that the patlett wasn't enlarged :'( so sad. So terribly sad.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 am

Arcalane wrote:
You've kinda shot yourself in the foot from square 1 by spriting the 3/NV weapons, though.

Yes, It is somewhat true that by basing Most of his weaponry on the game series he created an issue for himself, but that issue only came into light because of the expectations of other people put on him to make this a Fallout mod, which he specifically said he was trying not to do in the very start of his post. I see this Issue A lot with artists really, and I think he was simply using Fallout as a base to work from because he needed something to start with before he could create his own work. Its like a new artist starting by drawing out simple and already existing paintings to get a the hang of it, he needed some form of start for his work, and now he wants to make something entirely his own.

The way I see it, If you take away the Fallout titles on the guns, and try to pretend fallout as a game didn't exist for just a second you can see how those weapons could Easily be part of CC lore. So theirs no reason A non-fallout mod for CC can't Use Fallout-esc Weaponry.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:43 am

The Gauss Rifle has to be my favorite weapon in this mod.The superb firepower offset by the long reload time makes it an excellently balanced weapon that can be used in most circumstances.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next