View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 OPEN SOURCE 

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.24 (aCrab Jump AI)
Yeah, the wing positioned low and forward like a canard was a little tricky, and could probably be improved when I have time to revisit things :-)

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 pm

I know this mod is based mainly around the campaign, but I wonder if you could change the skirmish defence so that the AI snipers/guards will try to attack you instead of standing still until the scene gets filled with actors.
Also, for some reason the campaign crashes very often (more than half of the time) when I try to end my turn. This doesn't seem to happen in vanilla CC. Loading a save helps but it messes everyone's money up.

This isn't really a bug, but I noticed you can use the knockback diggers to jetpacky around a lot faster. :wink: :wink:
I really love the new units and the improvement unit movement. Keep up the good work.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Quote:
I wonder if you could change the skirmish defence so that the AI snipers/guards will try to attack you instead of standing still until the scene gets filled with actors.
Probably the best solution for that is to either put all the actors on brain-hunt if they aren't on team 1 or to not allow the sniper variations to spawn. They shouldn't be getting "fixed when the scene gets filled with actors", either; technically, that's a bug in the Skirmish code, allowing MOIDs > 255, which breaks Lua throughout the game.

Quote:
for some reason the campaign crashes very often (more than half of the time) when I try to end my turn
I agree, it's having more stability issues than it should. I'm not entirely sure what the causes are, yet; it's probably just exposing some engine bugs that weren't as obvious with Vanilla and passed Data's attempts to do QA. I'm still hunting these issues down so that I can submit a useful bug report, but without better feedback from the engine about why it's crashing, it's really hard.

Quote:
I noticed you can use the knockback diggers to jetpacky around a lot faster.
I should fix that, really; they shouldn't be magical movement devices. Gatling guns, on the other hand... ;)

Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 pm

I hope you take a different approach on balancing than most. It seems to me that Browncoats were meant to be expensive tanks, Coalition was mean to be a balance between Power and Cost, and Dummies are cheap and expendable, the Imperiatus just seems thrown in there.

If you were to balance those effectively, then combined with the other magical things in this conversion mod, I'd never need another mod again.

Will play as soon as the latest B27 is installed.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:29 am

What do you mean by "this mod is incompatible with stock B27"?
Is there a different, updated version of B27 somewhere?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Also, the game crashes when everything is finished loading :roll:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm

No need for the double post, and Use a fresh install of B27, and what he means by stock is the first B27, download the latest updated one from DRL, not humble bundle.

And I noticed a bug with the rockets, when you try to go left or right, the rocket attempts to act like it would normally, and tilt. Since the game is wierd, it attempts to put the rocket at the rotation it would normally be at while the mod makes it stay vertical, causing it to go insane when you hold left or right for too long, I managed to fix it ingame by holding the other direction until it stabilized.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Realy...You need to create alternative version like any other mod...witch will not alter vanilla game, test all new developements with community and then release bug-less ver. for campaing, or for best result... alternative campaing in Skirmish.

I was testing this mod, and there was so many WIERD changes i can't bare it...on the other hand there was also many positives...i am aware this is WIP but idea of overwriting vanilla is just too much, for my personal use i will easly rewrite this mod to "standalone"...I'm sure many people who can't or don't know how would also appreciate additional standalone version ;-)

Keep up good work! Regards.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:53 pm

RazorsharpLT wrote:
Also, the game crashes when everything is finished loading :roll:

You need B27.1 as i remember called HIB3 or something like this. "Most recen version of B27".

You can find out is Your version compatible by looking into main "fresh" vanilla folder and check is there "Techion.rte" faction.

If You have any other questions read FAQ, Info about the mod, first comments or PM me.
Regards ;-)

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 (City Battles!)
Version 1.25 released.

New Features:

Urban warfare, spider walker, various other stuff.

Fixes some minor bugs, too :-)

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:23 pm

incredible instability possibly only in metagame.

it crashes so much, probably 3 times in the 5 minutes i tried to play.

i dunno if it generates logs or not but if it does i'd upload them

Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:39 am

NeoSeeker wrote:
incredible instability possibly only in metagame.

it crashes so much, probably 3 times in the 5 minutes i tried to play.

i dunno if it generates logs or not but if it does i'd upload them

yeah I have had -LOTS- of campaign instability with this, rarely get to play more then one, maybe two turns before it crashes completely.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:26 am

Hmm. What factions did you play with, and was the previous version stable for you?

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:52 pm

i don't think the faction played with matters but i like browncoats and i think that's all i tried to play as.

also as far as i can recall the previous version was stable. there might have been some instability though, i don't remember it was a while ago.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm

I think Browncoats actually may be part of the problem, because they're one of the factions that wasn't originally coded to have ACrabs in their faction loadouts. I'll see what, if anything, can be done.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next