View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 OPEN SOURCE 

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.0
I don't like how my units cant pick up things anymore, is this a bug for me? I do have SOME mods installed, but I even used Vanilla troops to pick up diggers etc, but they just wont do it?! Also, its just fine when they're dropped in with the tools. If this is a feature I suggest you remove it, I like everything else though. I'll stick with the WIP extended core factions and my faction mods for now.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:26 am

xenoargh wrote:
You need to download the latest installer from Data Realms Licensing and update to the latest version of B27.

Basically, Data Realms released a point release without telling anybody or updating the version number. It fixed some very important bugs in the engine, and the mod won't work without it, because it's using bleeding-edge features of the engine atm.
Really...? :(

Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:55 am

Why is it that the HIB users are always the last to get the product? Are the people at Humble Store defective or something?

I mean this update its been out for how long now and no reaction from them? Not making sense.

...nope doesn't work.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am

I don't like to download stuff here in my brother's PC, so could you just make it stock B27 compatible? Like, another version of the mod but with compatibility with the old B27? I really want to see how this mod is, but I can't without downloading too much stuff. Maximum I can is 1 GB, and I don't want to waste some of that in a game just to test a mod. If you don't want to make another version, well, it's ok, then I'll just stick with normal CC :-(

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Joseh123 wrote:
I don't like to download stuff here in my brother's PC, so could you just make it stock B27 compatible? Like, another version of the mod but with compatibility with the old B27? I really want to see how this mod is, but I can't without downloading too much stuff. Maximum I can is 1 GB, and I don't want to waste some of that in a game just to test a mod. If you don't want to make another version, well, it's ok, then I'll just stick with normal CC :-(

The whole point is that this mod relies on having the newest version of B27 installed, and that's been said at least once now. As such, it is not possible for him to make it compatible with "stock" B27.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.01
Version 1.01 released.

Changelog:

1. Buffed shotguns; they can now reliably kill Brains, but will not tear up terrain.
2. Fixed the Laser Rifle's script, which was a bit goofy.
3. Added new code for steerable Rockets and Dropships. Players can now steer even a Rocklet!
4. Buffed the Annihilator (but it's still not quite what I'd like- I think I'm going to have to re-write that gun from scratch).

Future Plans:

1. Finish up sprites 'n stuff for Imperatus weapons.
2. Buff the Coalition Auto Cannon to be mildly useful as a light anti-armor gun and fix its propensity to self-gib Actors equipped with it.
3. Find a useful job for the Revolver Cannon.
4. Sprite up the special drop crate the Imperatus use and do some code. May give this "penetrator" design to all of the factions, but I'm leaning towards special buffs for each faction's Brains to keep them interesting.

Be warned: these changes will very likely break savegame compatibility.

As previously, read the installation instructions carefully and report any bugs / balance issues you'd like to see fixed; I don't know if I can fix the "Actors can't pick stuff up" issue but I'll take a look :)

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:03 pm

Cybernetic wrote:
Why is it that the HIB users are always the last to get the product?
(...)
...nope doesn't work.

Hi there,

I was hopping HIB gave me a ke to redeem on Datarealms/licensing, as i've just found my interest for Cortex Command back, but it only has the "old b27", sadly.

Well, now i know why it's not working.

Do we have a "when" ?

Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, I have a problem :

I get this message when trying to load the game :

---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
---------------------------
Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

Ronin.rte/Actors/RoninDread/LegBGMediumA000

I installed it as described : I got the latest version on the link you provided, then unzipped the content of your file in the game directory.

Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Oops! Must have left out one of the bitmaps when I put together the new build. I'll fix it in a few hours when I'm home again. Sorry about that, I was in a hurry to get it done before I had to go :-)

Until then, try using this link to install 1.0 first, then install 1.01, that should take care of you for now.

[EDIT]Released 1.02; should take care of the pesky bugs. Looks like there's something wrong with Data Realms Licensing atm, and the PHP of the Forum is acting bizarro, though...???[/EDIT]

Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 am

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.03
Version 1.03 is out.

Changelog:

Oh, and... I did say that players would find steering rockets, even the infamous Rocklet, a bit easier, right? :grin:

Attachments:
mandatory_image_lol2.jpg
mandatory_image_lol2.jpg [ 205.75 KiB | Viewed 5675 times ]
Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 am

Epsilon52 wrote:
I don't like how my units cant pick up things anymore, is this a bug for me? I do have SOME mods installed, but I even used Vanilla troops to pick up diggers etc, but they just wont do it?! Also, its just fine when they're dropped in with the tools. If this is a feature I suggest you remove it, I like everything else though. I'll stick with the WIP extended core factions and my faction mods for now.

Did no one decide to notice or reply to this? IDK if it's a bug but I'll see if its fixed in v103.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:53 am

Tchey wrote:
Cybernetic wrote:
Why is it that the HIB users are always the last to get the product?
(...)
...nope doesn't work.

Hi there,

I was hopping HIB gave me a ke to redeem on Datarealms/licensing, as i've just found my interest for Cortex Command back, but it only has the "old b27", sadly.

Well, now i know why it's not working.

Do we have a "when" ?

"When" looks like "never". :(

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:48 am

Quote:
Did no one decide to notice or reply to this?

Actually, I explained it the first time it was brought up, on the previous page :-)

@Malamo: Don't fret yet, I think this will get sorted out.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:56 am

Are heavy browncoats meant to shrug off light fire? because I LIKE the feature, it always annoyed me how a light pistol shot would punch through them. Please don't change it.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:24 pm

Yes, they're supposed to finally feel as tough as their description sounded.

That said, I am definitely going to have to keep nerfing the Browncoats in general until they're not quite so ridiculously OP. Right now fighting three Browncoat AIs is basically suicide for certain factions, which I don't think is a feature, and let's just say that using a Heavy to Rambo a base is, well, a bit too much like God Mode :wink:

I think what I'm going to try next, now that their weapons are down into the range of "ridiculously awesome, but not quite so awesome that their costs don't matter" is to slow both the regular and the Heavy down a bit, so that they're slower than the other factions. That way, after I do some work on the Turrets and generally tweaking the factions for a bit more effective defensive layering inside their bases, they should be a bit more reasonable while remaining very scary.

That should help; if it's not quite enough I'll write a special Material for the Heavy that makes them resistant to lighter fire but not quite as durable, much like the Dummies :-)

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next