View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Remnants of the Mu-Ilaak version 7.0 for CC B31 [03JAN15] 

Post Re: Remnants of the Mu-Ilaak version 5.0 for CC 1.05
If anyone cares, I uploaded this to the Workshop. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =309950515

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 pm

Good call, I was hopin it'd be uploaded at some point here.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:13 am

Yeah, like I said on Steam, I felt that half a year was long enough.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:20 am

I have been tinkering with this a little bit, I noticed that there was a bunch of lua errors in the console when certain things happened so I tried to sort them out,

First, the "shot effect" section in dissapate.lua seems to referance something that doesn't exist, I don't know what it did so I just commented it out.

secondly, the crab to sentry and crab to maulers spam the console with errors on AI.Update, I think this is because they have 2 seperate create functions and the second one doesn't set their ai, by merging the two functions I got the error to go away with no ill effects.

I really like this mod a lot. Its not overloaded with content, but it just feels right next to vanilla units. It seems to be pretty fairly balanced even with the revival gimmick, by virtue of being crabs, its hard to get the head to safety to regenerate.

anyway, I'll attach my modified code incase anyone cares still.

Edit: TGM1234 figured out what to do on Dissapate.Lua so I added the correct upload,

Attachments:
File comment: Ignore this, left for consistancy
Dissipate.lua [3.57 KiB]
Downloaded 750 times
crab to mauler.Lua [622 Bytes]
Downloaded 702 times
crab to sentry.Lua [654 Bytes]
Downloaded 701 times
File comment: dissipate restored.
Dissipate.lua [3.32 KiB]
Downloaded 696 times

Last edited by arkman on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:57 am

The part in the first script with the effect that you commented out initializes an effect. This causes a boatload of errors when run the way it currently is because this effect is used as a reference throughout the rest of the script, causing an error wherever it is called to be created/destroyed/anything. If it plain doesn't exist, well, apparently the script likes that enough so it doesn't throw anything at you.

While there is no "Laser Shot Effect HELL" anywhere, there IS a "Laser Shot Effect," so you could simply change the reference to THAT instead of removing the effect entirely. Judging by the rest of the script, it seems like the only reason why the author would've made a mistake is because he/she was so used to putting HELL after everything.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Hey, thanks, I guess that happened when the code was updated last.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Whoah thanks for doin that! I also noticed all the console errors, but couldn't do a thing about it. Even worse, it seemed to reeaalllyy slow down the game whenever they turned into crabs for this reason too, so glad this got fixed. Hopefully Kalsb notices and integrates it into the actual mod.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Sorry for not acting on this earlier, I should have the mod updated with your additions very soon.

Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:44 am

Thanks for doin that! :)

Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:46 am

AH BUGGER, There was one more file that used Laser Shot effect HELL that I missed,

sorry, fixed it on my computer and completely forgot about it.

Attachments:
MuzzleSmoke.lua [3.99 KiB]
Downloaded 691 times
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:40 pm

No problem, I feel like I might as well make you a contributor at this point though.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:46 am

Ha ha, I can hardly call barely editing 4 files contributing. This is just one of my favorite mods, so much so I practically consider them a vanilla faction. The could use a little more polish in some places, and maybe some diversity in weapons, but overall I think this faction manages to reach the Holy Grails of vanilla balance, unique mechanics, and quality artwork. I'd hate to see them go just because the game got updated around them.

Also they have ties to cortex command lore, something I eventually hope to see revived either officially by datarealms or in a mod.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:42 am

arkman wrote:
This is just one of my favorite mods, so much so I practically consider them a vanilla faction. The could use a little more polish in some places, and maybe some diversity in weapons, but overall I think this faction manages to reach the Holy Grails of vanilla balance, unique mechanics, and quality artwork. I'd hate to see them go just because the game got updated around them.

Also they have ties to cortex command lore, something I eventually hope to see revived either officially by datarealms or in a mod.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Especially like the styling of the guns, really good. The one thing that IMHO could stand a small tweak if anything could is actor models - they're slightly more beefy and thick than the art depicts them as. That's a small thing though, and I know I certainly couldn't do better :)

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:21 pm

As I do when I get serious about any modding community, I'm trying to move away from the Steam Workshop and take my Cortex Command mods straight from the source. I loved your mod on Steam - these little bug-robots were easily my favorite faction, but your link here is a dead end for me.

This One: http://adf.ly/UPn9b

Ends in a 404.
Anyone else have that problem?

Fri May 29, 2015 3:27 pm

looks like a really awsome mod but every time i go to download and click on the link it tells me the file has either been moved or deleted

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next