View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Remnants of the Mu-Ilaak version 7.0 for CC B31 [03JAN15] 

Post Re: Remnants of the Mu-Ilaak update 3.0 [WIP]
Awesome faction, definitely deserves consideration for putting into the base game. Can't wait to see the regen luas working :grin:

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:02 am

I fixed the regen lua: Version 3.1 with working regen lua

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:10 am

The Chairman wrote:
I fixed the regen lua: Version 3.1 with working regen lua

Thank's again The Chairman

New Update 3.1
-Regen Scripts working.
-Acrab's sprites finished.

Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Post Re: Remnants of the Mu-Ilaak update 3.1 With regen [WIP]
Heya! I've been following this mod for a while and seeing as its a community mod, I took it upon myself to re balance some of the items in it!

-Nerf'd the So-Aoto acid sprayer by lowering range and decreased speed.

-'Headcrabs' have had their HP halved and reduced range on the shredding field.

-Increased cost of the Ki-Ratul Assault rifle to be more in line with vanilla rifles.

I'll post here if I make any other change. Feedback is appreciated.

Cheers.

Edit: Eugh.. Well the entire mod won't fit. But I tore out the bits that I didn't modify so I can upload it. Just copy the files in here to your HELL.rte folder and replace all.

Attachments:
File comment: Patch this over your latest version of HELL.rte
Hellpatch.rar [5.92 KiB]
Downloaded 379 times

Last edited by kaboomarang on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:00 am

kaboomarang wrote:
Heya! I've been following this mod for a while and seeing as its a community mod, I took it upon myself to re balance some of the items in it!

-Nerf'd the So-Aoto acid sprayer by lowering range and decreased speed.

-'Headcrabs' have had their halved HP and reduced range on the digger field.

-Increased cost of the Ki-Ratul Assault rifle to be more in line with vanilla rifles.

I'll post here if I make any other change. Feedback is appreciated.

Cheers.

Edit: Eugh.. Well the entire mod won't fit. But I tore out the bits that I didn't modify so I can upload it. Just copy the files in here to your HELL.rte folder and replace all.

well Im going to put these tweaks in the next update, The next update will be up once I get more stuff done.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Any chance you could make the crab digger a bit stronger but a focused directional weapon? Or was there a rational in making it a spherical field? I also find that the Mu-llaak weapons are very vulnerable to fire, or is it just my imagination and that they are in line with other faction weapons in terms of durability?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Grimmcrypt wrote:
well Im going to put these tweaks in the next update, The next update will be up once I get more stuff done.

Oooh, do tell! Also, perhaps we could merge the burst assault rifle with the full auto. You could switch between the two modes with the Pi menu,
the burstfire mode would be stat identical to the current burstfire rifle, same for the auto rifle. They're around the same price anywho.

I would do this myself if I had any idea on how on earth to do so.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:03 am

tankmayvin wrote:
Any chance you could make the crab digger a bit stronger but a focused directional weapon? Or was there a rational in making it a spherical field? I also find that the Mu-llaak weapons are very vulnerable to fire, or is it just my imagination and that they are in line with other faction weapons in terms of durability?

-Yes it is very rational for it to fire in a spherical form for self defence purpose's, it wasent ment to be used for digging.
-And yes there weapon's are in line with vanilla.

kaboomarang wrote:
Grimmcrypt wrote:

Oooh, do tell! Also, perhaps we could merge the burst assault rifle with the full auto. You could switch between the two modes with the Pi menu,
the burstfire mode would be stat identical to the current burstfire rifle, same for the auto rifle. They're around the same price anywho.

I would do this myself if I had any idea on how on earth to do so.

Well Gotcha! does have some script's to switch the magazine's but....

Look the reason the Assault rifle fires in burst's is becouse I took the Lua script from the Auto pistol. So in other word's I wouldent know how to change the firing mode unless someone told me how to turn the Lua on or off with the Pi menu and swith to the Ki Ratul's magazine and vice versa at once. Oh and I find it better to have two seperate weapon's for droping on to the field purpose's.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm

ok can someone upload the download on some other website like mediafire or some free site that i dont have to be premium or signed up because i cant be bothered to sign up and im working on my mo-
nothing!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:16 am

TheStragedyGuy wrote:
ok can someone upload the download on some other website like mediafire or some free site that i dont have to be premium or signed up because i cant be bothered to sign up and im working on my mo-
nothing!

You don't need an account to download the mod.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:53 am

TheStragedyGuy wrote:
nothing!

You dont need to sign up. All you need to do is click the green download This File button.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:47 am

I haven't downloaded yet, but this mod looks like fun, I had a thought when looking at the guns I figured I'd share, you said they fire plasma/laser right? How about making the bullets be shaped like the end of the gun, so you fire little crescents at the enemy, explaining the square at the tip as the shaping mechanism.

PICS

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Heya, I love this mod. The design of the sentry characters is great, plus the some of the sounds are nice and really give these guys character, plus it's also sticking to the vanilla without changing/overhauling the game too much. Great work...

There are however a few issues I'd raise. I've been trying to change and figure them out so I can upload a version with these changes, but I'd like to see if you'd agree / feel the changes would be needed.

1. It's a little unbalanced - Alot of the weapons are really quite powerful, this wouldn't be a problem if range/ammo capacity or something else was penalised for to compensate. Whilst the units themselves are weak and the weapons do tend to break easier than other factions, it's difficult to make use of such weakness when they've destroyed most of your army. This may be because I'm also running the smarter AI mod with the game though. But the two weapons in particular are the So-Aoto and the Mu-Baoni - both can quite easily decimate an army with one clip and for such a small cost.

2. Re-spawn - Undestandibly this part of the mod has only recently come to light, but there is this weird behaviour when a unit respawns from a crab - they automatically fall into "Brainhunt" AI. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug, but it can make setting up a defensive position quite tough. This is especially true when they then go headlong into enemy territory without reclaiming a weapon.

3. This could be a bug on my end, but if a change the "Loadouts" file and give a deployment the "Ki-Ratul" weapon, it doesn't show. I've even copied the name directly from the "machineguns" file, and it still won't work. Once more, if I'm playing a campaign and manually give a unit this weapon, save, quit and then re-load the game, the game crashes and the savefile becomes unusable.

I'm trying to sort these issues out on my own at the minute, but I was wondering if these were things you were looking into yourself as well? I was also going to make some changes to the "Heavy's" Sprite as they seem a like a re-textured Browncoat heavy.

But yea, otherwise great job. I'm really not trying to complain but felt like I'd bring these up in case anyone else was having similar problems.

Also RE: above post I like this idea, I'll try and see if I can get some sprites working for the weapon.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:39 am

thechaotic1 wrote:
I haven't downloaded yet, but this mod looks like fun, I had a thought when looking at the guns I figured I'd share, you said they fire plasma/laser right? How about making the bullets be shaped like the end of the gun, so you fire little crescents at the enemy, explaining the square at the tip as the shaping mechanism.

PICS

Wow I love the Idea, I really do like it. I just wish i knew how to implement it.
From my current Know-how I would say you could fire something shaped liked that in a MOSRotating form instead of a MOpixel. The MOSRotating would be animated and glowed to look like a sort of plasma shooty thingy.

-The only draw back I could see from firing something in that shape would be that it wouldent fit through tight spaces like a normal bullet would but I could balance that with it packing a sort of pushing blow when it hit's it's Target becouse of the extra mass it carries (with a slower firing rate of course).

Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:41 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Or you could stick a script to the gun that made it fire half-circle of MOPixels. I don't think it should be hard.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next