View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 The UNSC, a HALO mod! v4.0 

The UNSC, a HALO mod! v4.0

Welcome to the UNSC! Update 4.0
TO DO LIST:

The Human-Covenant conflict has died down, after the defeat of the Prophets, the annihilation of the Flood, and the revolting of the Sangheili.

Not everything is fine and dandy though, rebel activity has flared up since the lowered density of Covenant. The UNSC has diverted the majority of its attention to putting down the rebellions to end humanity's recent hardship, and to initiate a new era... of peace.

Trade Star has been given permission to deploy and utilize UNSC resources to help keep rebels under control.

The below pictures of the sprites might look a little bit weird cause I enlarged them with mspaint :P

Special thanks to Chaos for these awesome weapons and banner pics!

WEAPONS LIST:

Thanks to DudeAbides, a recoil script has been added to the Magnum, SMG, AR, BR, DMR, and the Sniper Rifle (but that one is just for funs, no real gameplay impact). You can fire in any way you like, but pace your shots if you need to be a bit more surgical, or if enemies are a bit farther away than optimal range.
Actors of varying degrees of skill handle weapons differently.

I also have for you, Field Medics, Army Troopers and ODSTs!

Due to recent battlefield changes, all soldiers have been issued jetpacks.

I also made the ODST Drop Pod! The major changes to the Drop Pod was lua script to make them open and gib themselves after landing, which sometimes didn't happen previously.
I have NOT included Coops' script for deceleration, only because I noticed there is this weird pause when it enters the atmosphere, which is masked by the fireworks from the 40K drop pod.

I tested the Pod many times, it even works in deep snow with 98% survival chance, so drop away! Chance for it to tilt to the left or right, only occasionally counterproductive if actor is released under the pod but death is unlikely. Danger simulation of drop pod risk :wink:

But wait, there's still more! 5 ~Shielded~ Spartans.
Carter, Kat, Jun, Emile and Jorge are available for deployment, each with their own unique traits!
If you have spare 2000oz and time, try deploying the whole team, its pretty fun on brain hunt :D

SPARTANS IN ACTION:

Faction loadout is compatable with Campaign now, and is updated, so have fun!

With the 3.9 update, I present...
Spartan IIs!

The protectors of humanity are now available for deployment!

With 3.99, I present a total rebalance of nearly everything so everything should work better and feel better, including major visual/balance changes to the Flamethrower, Fire rate and reload and power of everything, actor jetpacks, actor weapon skill, gibwound limit, and much more, but the bestest thing is not only the addition of 3 new weapons (Railgun, Sticky Det, and SAW) but the PELICAN.

You no longer have to rely on those slow, fragile, defenseless Mk1 DropSh*ts and instead, you can use the sturdy(ish) and speedy Pelican! Deploy in places you never could! No longer fear the lone soldier guarding the drop zone! NOTE however that like any other dropship, load matters. Unlawful occupancy of 5 or more may lead to unnecessary death. How to pilot: double tap directional keys to switch the direction you're facing and triple tap crouch to open the hatch. Don't aim with the directional keys, move your mouse and it will lock to it.
Thank Abdul for his great amount of help! and Izak12 for getting me started on the sprite!

Annnd, I hoped you missed him...
Master Chief is here!

Jam packed with catchphrases (reload manually or switch weapons to hear them) and his own weapons. Noble team, as of now, also come with their own personal weapons (reliable and hard to break, gots their name on it)

And, before I go off to do the Covenant mod, there is one last man that we can never forget about.

I'll let you go try him out for yourself. :)

NOTES:
The previous Shielding bugs have been fixed by Bad Boy!

Sometimes particles can still get through shields. ex. The Nanorifle particle itself deals no damage and the shields can't detect it. You'll still be damaged by them nanobots. High power/speed rounds also cannot be fully stopped, ex. sniper round particles occasionally slip through. I wouldn't call these bugs really, I think their nice.

The Grenade Launcher has a non-obvious alternate fire mode which is triggered by holding the trigger, and letting go when desired! Just making it clear, its just like the Halo Reach one except no EMP.

Download here v v v
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6mlmk ... unsc.rte(2).zip

Help me out! This update is very dependant on good numbers, so tell me how it feels and how it can be better!

Coming soon:
Halo 4 Stuff update with Master chief and only Master Chief! Its never too late for his appearance (well kinda)!

I would love feedback! One thing I have to mention is that my computer is slower than most, and I realized something when I let one of my friends play test it. Some things might be off, like fire rate, reload rate, and maybe other things.

I don't know lua, and there is a lot that I can't do without it, so if there is anything you guys could help me out with, that would be great :P

Special thanks to my friend Monfufu, or whatever he'll go by if he ever creates an account, for providing me the inspiration to work on this mod,

to Adeathclawtroll for playtesting and giving me quick feedback and for being my friend,

to Denninja for how to make actors regenerate health,

to Numaire for a few sound improvements,

to Gotcha! for letting use and modify his stuff and being a nice guy, though really I only looked at how he did somethings,

to Coops for letting me use his script for decelerating Drop Pods,

to CaveCricket48 for making the ~Spartan Shielding!~ and a lot of the Grenade Launcher,

to DudeAbides for the recoil script, bullet properties script, and other cool stuff,

to Bad Boy for the fantastic Shielding improvements, overheating script, and other awesome stuff,

to Izak12 for helping me start the Pelican with his sprites,

to Grimmcrypt for a variety of help, including sprites, feedback, and lua,

to Abdul for his great amount of help with the pelican,

and to Chaos for his awesome pics and videos (check out his channel)!

It would be great if this was more like a community mod or something of the sort.
Getting this done by myself would take ages since I haven't even started the Covenant faction :P (That is planned, however)

Thank you for downloading!

Last edited by AndyChanglee on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:17 am, edited 79 times in total.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Post Re: UNSC.rte, a HALO mod! (WIP)
Great for what I assume to be your first mod, but a few gripes. First of all, turn down the sharpness of all weapons. They eat terrain like it's candy, the sniper rifle can go through half the tutorial bunker from the left side near the crab. Also, the spartan lazer charges to quick and reloads to quick too. But, other than those few things I noticed so far, good mod!

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Post Re: UNSC.rte, a HALO mod! (WIP)
Thanks! Computer is slow so I thought the timing for the Spartan laser was perfect :P i'll go fix stuff.

How off was it? It should be 2.5 sec charge, and about 1.5 sec reload.

EDIT: I made a quick fix, redownload if you want, but im going to be busy later so I didn't make any huge adjustments. I'll come back later and see what happens.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Post Re: UNSC.rte, a HALO mod! (WIP) V2
Yeah, turn down the sharpness a bit on these guns.

Sprites look pretty good though; I dig these UNSC dudes.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:46 pm

Woo halo.

You could ask if you could use the Unitec SG code for spartan shields.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 pm

MafiaPuppet wrote:
Woo halo.

Cricket gets no love anymore.

Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:48 pm

He got credit in the unitec mod =p

I always wondered why he didn't have it default on, so bots would be able to use it.

Is it a limitation of the lua to detect the SG like that?

Would be nice if the lua code could just search for spartan actors instead of the SG moid =p

Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:38 am

unwoundpath wrote:
MafiaPuppet wrote:
Woo halo.

Cricket gets no love anymore.

Thanks, both of you! I'll try to get it working tomorrow, im pretty beat for today.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I liked the mod so far, but some things need balance, like the sniper rifle, it rapes too much terrain.
Also, the actor seems to have a lot of JointStiffness or something like that, because Dafred flew over me and my arm which was holding the Spartan Laser got gibbed instantly, though in general they are very resistant.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 am

Heh lol, yeah im working on balance right now, sniper rifles are a lot harder to make then I thought.

Anyways, about the actor, I have no idea whats wrong, i'll look into the joint stiffness and stuff, maybe I changed something when I didn't understand how everything worked yet.

The walkpaths are a bit weird too, something I forgot to address. I basically copied and pasted the Ronin walkpath, but it still looks weird. I have no idea how to fix it either, but I think there is a tutorial for that.

Aggh, so much to doo

Things randomly explode sometimes for me too, im not too sure about how to fix them.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:39 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Things like JointStrength and JointStiffness are key. I just usually use values that are near to vanilla and not use custom ones (like 99999999).

Also yeah, I noticed Mia's walkpath. For walkpaths I tend to copy the Coalition's Light one, since my attempts on creating one ended in extreme failure.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:58 am

Post Re: UNSC.rte, a HALO mod! (WIP) V3
Wait, is that how Mia walks??
Uh, let me try copying the Coalition light soldier's walkpath.

About the JointStrength and stiffness, what would happen if I changed the joint strength to something like 280 or 150?

V3 is up with some rebalancing that I could get done before bed time. Actor problems might still exist.

Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 am

Oh I ever so look forward to seeing this mod come to fruition, maybe we can have hornet gunships some day! That'd be freakin' WIZARD.

Favorite faction so far, with superior baseline weaponry to take on the UniTec Zealots and actually stand half a chance before a Kanai falls on my ODST's head and smashifies him.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:05 am

AndyChanglee wrote:
Heh lol, yeah im working on balance right now, sniper rifles are a lot harder to make then I thought.

I think you may find Azukki's Dynamic Bullet Sharpness Script to be of great help.

Before I switched the 40K Marine Rifle to work like it does now, it fired an emitter that spawned ~10 dynamically adjusted mopixel projectiles with a tiny bit of speed variance. This made it very powerful without giving it insane recoil or insane terrain-trashing capabilities.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile YIM

RHONON wrote:
Oh I ever so look forward to seeing this mod come to fruition, maybe we can have hornet gunships some day! That'd be freakin' WIZARD.

Favorite faction so far, with superior baseline weaponry to take on the UniTec Zealots and actually stand half a chance before a Kanai falls on my ODST's head and smashifies him.

Thanks for your support :D! I'm currently working on including a Spartan (I only need to sprite it, play test it again when it looks nicer, and then add shielding to him), you can expect another update then!
Meanwhile, i've also been rebalancing weaponry.

@Arcalane- I'll look into that, sounds interesting!

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 580 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next