View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 The UNSC, a HALO mod! v4.0 

Post Re: The UNSC, a HALO mod! (WiP) v3.99 (Updated 3/7/13)
Uhuh. I'm waiting for inspiration/more free time/ a CC Update that piques my interest. There hasn't been one for a while...

Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:00 pm

You know what, fuq double posts, I accidentally have found inspiration to continue working on this, and so I will.

Master Chief, you're mine (figuratively, he can belong to nobody. [cept maybe Cortana, freggin 343 making a half-love story between a super-soldier and a naked AI]).

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 am

Sweet. It's a good mod, and it will be nice to see it continued to be worked on. If only for a little while longer at least.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:04 am

The weapons sprites seems a bit weird, and do'nt fit that much the CC universe...

Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Yes! Thank you for continuing to work on this. Still one of my fav mods.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 pm

AndyChanglee wrote:
You know what, fuq double posts, I accidentally have found inspiration to continue working on this, and so I will.

Master Chief, you're mine (figuratively, he can belong to nobody. [cept maybe Cortana, freggin 343 making a half-love story between a super-soldier and a naked AI]).

Nice to see you get back Andy, I got back a couple days ago. I guess its one of those times of the year for modders to get out there caves. We are like seasonal creatures XD

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Grimmcrypt wrote:

Nice to see you get back Andy, I got back a couple days ago. I guess its one of those times of the year for modders to get out there caves. We are like seasonal creatures XD

I guess so :grin: great that you're back too, i guess there is something about this game that makes you come back to it.

I got a PM asking about the Covenant, so i'm a bit curious. Do people here want the Covenant asap b/c if I add anything more to the UNSC its going to be a weapon drop crate and a Warthog (and the warthog is 1% done, and complete crap, and i have no idea how to make the code better)

I might have answered my own question actually, i'll start the Covenant after I add Chief and the weapon crate.

Actor Sounds will be the big thing ;)

Plink wrote:
The weapons sprites seems a bit weird, and do'nt fit that much the CC universe...

Do you think they would look nicer with more earthy colors or a wider variation of color? I'm not too sure how to fix that, unless you could elaborate a bit.

Also my grenades need work, they're awful XD I should put instructions on them: Click and forget, dont hold this thing! Also having more than one is problematic.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Well tbh what I would like is to have Master Chief and some covenant weapons. Preferably the plasma rifle. The warthog wasn't something I was greatly looking forward to, I always thought that the weapon sprites and energy shielding are amazing though.

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 pm

AndyChanglee wrote:
Grimmcrypt wrote:

I guess so :grin: great that you're back too, i guess there is something about this game that makes you come back to it.

I got a PM asking about the Covenant, so i'm a bit curious. Do people here want the Covenant asap b/c if I add anything more to the UNSC its going to be a weapon drop crate and a Warthog (and the warthog is 1% done, and complete crap, and i have no idea how to make the code better)

I might have answered my own question actually, i'll start the Covenant after I add Chief and the weapon crate.

Actor Sounds will be the big thing ;)

Plink wrote:

Do you think they would look nicer with more earthy colors or a wider variation of color? I'm not too sure how to fix that, unless you could elaborate a bit.

Also my grenades need work, they're awful XD I should put instructions on them: Click and forget, dont hold this thing! Also having more than one is problematic.

Do you still have that experimental dummy vehicle that I modified to have 2 wheels?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nobody remembers Lizard n Pete's Dune Rider?

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Foa wrote:
Nobody remembers Lizard n Pete's Dune Rider?

I don't think I'm that old here. :oops:

Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Grimmcrypt wrote:
Do you still have that experimental dummy vehicle that I modified to have 2 wheels?

Yeah, I do, but after i resprited the thing, it suddenly had like 300% traction and was digging itself underground and doing loopdiloops. Weiiiirrrd stuff and i had no idea how to fix it due to my lack of lua knowledge.

Binkyberkowitz wrote:
Well tbh what I would like is to have Master Chief and some covenant weapons. Preferably the plasma rifle. The warthog wasn't something I was greatly looking forward to, I always thought that the weapon sprites and energy shielding are amazing though.

Good to know, and you will be glad to know that that's what i've decided to do. Thanks :)

What do you guys think of this: People had said that there wasn't a point to buying Spartans other than the new SpartanII (and soon, Master Chief) except for a change in personality. I tried to fix that by changing up some stats, but now I have a new idea.

Would you be more inclined to buy them if I threw in discounted weapons? For example, Jorge is currently 210. What I just did was add a Heavy Machine Gun to his inventory so that you don't have to manually add one, saving hastle. His new cost will be 300.
For each guy, you get some weapons too at around 50% the cost. That also means that each guy will cost more, but I like that b/c there is a balancing factor.

Discounted weapons but higher overall cost?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 am

I'm mixed on the idea. Personally I like zerging with George w/Spartan laser rather than use the Spartan IIs, so it would probably force me to use the Spartan IIs more oddly. At the same time I do kinda like the idea. I'm going to have to weigh this a little bit.

first edit: Ok either way it's a simple change, and if I don't like it I can change it back manually, but I suspect some people don't know the code well enough to do that. More thinking ahead, and expect more of my senseless rambling edits on this post.

second edit: Perhaps the idea seems unappealing to me since the weapons they will be given are just discounted and that's it. I know it's more work, but if they had personal versions of their weapons I'd be all for this idea. In fact I'm probably going to say something I shouldn't, and say that I would be willing to personally make these "personalized" weapons for the appropriate Spartan. I'm not totally familiar with CC's code, but I'm familiar enough to figure it out. If it sounds like a good idea PM me, and we can talk it out some more.

Last edited by xenotashin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 am

xenotashin wrote:
I'm mixed on the idea. Personally I like zerging with George w/Spartan laser rather than use the Spartan IIs, so it would probably force me to use the Spartan IIs more oddly. At the same time I do kinda like the idea. I'm going to have to weigh this a little bit.

first edit: Ok either way it's a simple change, and if I don't like it I can change it back manually, but I suspect some people don't know the code well enough to do that. More thinking ahead, and expect more of my senseless rambling edits on this post.

I can put up some steps if people aren't ok with it, or a seperate file to download, but i see your point.

On another note, I remembered that I can't do the palette trick on windows 7 anymore (back in the day i used XP, and liked it) so everything's pink and wrong looking. Anybody willing to be my palette trick doer of justice? Or is there another way.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:37 am

You need to use the xp (or older I guess) version of paint to get the palette working right. You should be able to find one with some googling, or you can just grab the paint.exe file if you still have a copy of xp installed somewhere.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next