View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next
 The UNSC, a HALO mod! v4.0 

Post Re: UNSC.rte, a HALO mod! (WIP) b3.5
Now, I got one other piece of information buggin me. Your marines are based off of Reach, yes? Yet there were no marines in Reach, those were soldiers of the UNSC's ground-based Army Corps. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Army

These dudes are usually responsible for massed offensives and ground-based defense, while the Marines were stationed aboard ships and higher-priority settlements. You can tell the difference because the Army soldiers had the darker grey-metal armor while Marines carried green flanged composite armor. These was also a sliiiiight skillgap.

I don't want to put more work on your plate man, but those dudes look lore like Army Troopers opposed to Marines. God that is such an obscure point and I am a huge nerd knowing this.

Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I didn't know that actually. I can rename the dude and everything related to him to "Trooper" and add Marines to my todo list.

Aw man, I actually kinda never noticed the difference. Anything else bugging you? When I noticed that there wasn't a Halo mod but there was a 40K mod, I had to go make it cause of bias nationalism towards the awesomeness of Halo. Not being able to represent the Halo universe for CC correctly would kind of suck, so I will always appreciate constructive feedback.

EDIT: btw, here is a sneak peak at what I was working on:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Jorge: Bit of a hike to the launch facility.
Carter: Anywhere closer's too hot to land.
Kat: Copy that, Commander.
Carter: Move up the beach, Noble.

Ahh, look at me fantasizing. The only thing missing from the scene is Jorge and Six (you'll get a Six, no worries).

Ok, it would be great if there was an unnofficial vote here about the next actor I make. Two options: Jun or Jorge.

Motivation for Jun: I intended to make them in numerical order, and Jun is third. I was a jerk and made Emile instead (cause I really wanted to) and i'd feel bad to skip him again. + Jorge is taller than everybody, spriting him will be a bit more troublesome.

Jorge: Hes a tank, hes needed for the above scene, hes my favorite of noble team, and he speaks hungarian.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:57 am

Holyyy Crab! man those are some damn good sprites, i was waiting for this.
also are you planning on adding shields on em that would be nice. if not, just make then tougher and make small fire arms deflect of their armor.
I Love this mod

Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 am

Thanks :D, shields will hopefully come someday so you wont have to worry about spartan toughness.

Alone, ingame Emile can take on the entire tutorial bunker with a shotgun and an AR, with a net loss of 4 HP if you do it right (after crossing the little concrete barrier into enemy territory which causes them to come after you). With shields, he may or may not be OP, that will be seen when they get shielding.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:01 pm

Emile was always a badass, man.

Weren't covenant made before? I remember there being elites, in some old-old build. Then again there were a whole pile of things.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:24 pm

You know how Spartans regenerate in most of the games? It would be awesome if you got the Regen Ronins script for healing wounds working, it would look cool and get rid of those horrid dents when the shields come back!

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Actually, I necro-ed a thread about .lua scripts for regenerating health, and one nice fellow Denninja introduced me to some .ini stuff that can make a certain kind of wound that emits particles which heals a certain percentage of health. Spartans heal 85% of the damage dealt to them if it works right (well, i've seen it work, so yeah).

If you would like, I could just get rid of visible wounds. Can wounds that are Null and full of pink emit things?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Of course you can, but the method of the Regenerating Ronin would look much better.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Do you plan on making brutes? If so, it would be crazy to have them be able to pick up other actors or just melee the ♥♥♥♥ out of anything in their way.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Things i think should be added based on priority.
1.Shields for spartans
2.FRAGS HUrrraayy...
3.maybe air strike marker??
4.Bunker modules.

So this is a UNSC mod so i guess covenant has no part of this. It's your choice to make them or not to make em. I think the stuff ur planning is probably enough.

So here is a list for covenant if u plan on making them.

1.Elites or Brutes or grunts
2.plasma weapons that eat through armor and shield
3. Plasma nade course
4.ummm...Destructable props like those coils in reach if u shoot em they blow up. yeah thats about it.
5.WAIT portable Shields unless they count as bunker modules

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 am

TheStragedyGuy wrote:
4.Bunker modules.

Well, the Halo's bunker/buildings are pretty much like CC's.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:29 am

@RyanBob and Strategyguy- Covenant WILL come, when UNSC.rte becomes 80% done or something. Halo 4 is coming out soon, so thats going to add even more to UNSC. Sorry for the wait, but don't worry, a Covenant Faction will be developed!

also, Strategy Guy, I think frags are already included, check explosives. They might need a power boost, i've never used them in practice however.
airstrike...? Closest thing to that is a Longsword bombing run (never witnessed ingame) or a Target Locator (which is artillery btw). I... don't think i'll include either sorry.
Bunker Modules is tricky, im not too sure what to base them on, but they'll definitely be made!
And shielding for spartans has been priority, don't worry :D

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:05 am

Yes, please make the spartan shields! can't wait, it'll be awesome.
Question: ETA of Masterchief? Are you gonna finish with the dudes from Reach first? (can't remember their squad name or if they had one off the top off my head)
And an idea with Jorge; if you really want to emphasize his size the only way to do that now might be to make him too big to fit in bunkers. I don't think this'd be that bad of an idea, I mean we have tons of other spartans for storming bunkers and then he can be scaled correctly for the most part.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:04 am

burningsky25 wrote:
Yes, please make the spartan shields! can't wait, it'll be awesome.
Question: ETA of Masterchief? Are you gonna finish with the dudes from Reach first? (can't remember their squad name or if they had one off the top off my head)
And an idea with Jorge; if you really want to emphasize his size the only way to do that now might be to make him too big to fit in bunkers. I don't think this'd be that bad of an idea, I mean we have tons of other spartans for storming bunkers and then he can be scaled correctly for the most part.

You read my mind ;). If you're going to storm a bunker, use Emile or Carter. If you have an air assault in mind, use Kat. Sniping? Jun. In need of a walking tank with shields? Jorge is the man!
Carter, Emile and Kat can barely fit into the bunkers due to their height, so Jorge will be unable to go inside conventional ones without crouching every step or two.

I planned to include Halo Reach stuff first, and if I time it right, i'll be finished with that a little bit before Halo 4 comes out. When it does, i'll have plenty of time in Theater mode to accurately depict Master Chief with his newly designed Mk7 armor and awesomeness. So i'll say anywhere in between September and November. Sorry for the wait :P

If more pics and teasers come out for Halo 4, it might motivate me into making Master Chief a bit earlier... you never know :)

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 580 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 39  Next