View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Aco Delta Covenant (05/04/13)* 

Post Re: Aco Delta Covenant (28/09/12)*
If you're nerfing the Oscar subgun can you increase the magazine? 25 shots say?

I think the Bravo needs some work in general, it doesn't really have a role being basically inferior to any other unit in a given task. I think Cerevox is right that part of the problem is in the weapons themselves, they do feel anemic even by vanilla standards.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:01 am

The oscar needs the nerf from lower damage, not an even trade. It is too strong for a tiny scout drone. Being able to support its leader is great, but if it can fly around slaughtering things itself then it gets a little silly.

Also, I don't think the bravo itself is the problem, I think it is the guns it has access too. Most of the aco guns feel weak. The novermber and mike are solid, but everything else just feels like it isn't doing the damage or having the impact it should.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Any form of bullet spam, question mopixel spam, can utterly wreck anything: terrains, moids.
[Unless said terrain/moid can handle cumulative forces inflicted by continual spam, or their armor is impervious to the mopixel]

[any moid, not a mopixel, can destroy all terrain]
[any moid that has collision can be affected by any moid]
[any moid is affected by terrain]

That being said, two dreadnoughts are murderous on anything, an SMG squad too.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 am

Hehe, the first time I used an Oscar drone was playing through Dummy Assault with only Aco units. Had a Bravo with a Lima and accompanying Oscar as my initial recon unit. Descending the first shaft, the Oscar spotted the Dummy at the bottom, and shredded the plastic bastard *and his gun* in one mag. I remember thinking, That's one vicious little drone! I love those things!

Honestly, I typically have one with any stationary unit, especially snipers, as the sniper may miss. It's nice to have an autonomous automatic weapon hovering over your shoulder while you're frantically reloading your rifle, given the AI's tendency to bum rush.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm

I admit, I use the better AI mod, which makes my snipers actually engage them at long range. If your snipers are still firing at medium range then yes, an oscar would be handy.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Hey, new guy here. Was wondering if this mod was still in active development, its been one of the much more fun (and balanced) mods of CC, and I'd hate to see it go. Love golf bombing runs btw. :D

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 am

Is anyone else having problems with Oscars suddenly losing their focus when something gibs? This is the only thing keeping me from updating.

I just noticed this when editing the Oscar's lua then replacing it back to the previous release but to still have it happen.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:55 am

Coops wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with Oscars suddenly losing their focus when something gibs? This is the only thing keeping me from updating.

I just noticed this when editing the Oscar's lua then replacing it back to the previous release but to still have it happen.

If by losing focus you mean "stop shooting and/or following" then yeah, I think I've noticed this a few times in your older builds. Could it be the way it has to use that green/red beamy thing to find a buddy to follow/enemy to attack? I didn't really think much of it TBH, it never really "broke" anything.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:06 am

I get all kinds of weird glitches from the oscars when the game becomes very active. They lose focus, teleport through walls, go zombie and just hover there without doing anything. I have noticed that sometimes they just stop following someone, but it normally happens when the someone is crawling through tunnels while something else intensive is going on elsewhere. I can't point to any one thing and declare it the culprit though.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:08 am

Coops wrote:
Is anyone else having problems with Oscars suddenly losing their focus when something gibs?
Eh, I was wondering why they were not following after some big battles.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:22 am

I think I know whats going on actually.

I got an ID check for when the followed unit enters a craft it disengages the follow. Well when an MO is removed from the simulation all the ID's that were created after it have their ID changed, therefor losing the logged ID in the script and thinks the followed unit doesn't exist anymore.

In other words,

When things break, things break.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:24 am

Just looked at the script, you don't need the id check at all, unless I'm not noticing something.
Since all of the foundActor finding only happens if there's no foundActor, and the rest ensures that the foundActor will be cleared and thus not go wrong so the ID check on line 156 shouldn't be necessary at all.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 pm

-PLEASE DELETE THIS POST-

Last edited by (Insult) on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 pm

(Insult) wrote:
This mod randomly crashes my game, which is a shame 'cause I find it fantastic fun. I can't really recreate the bug I'm afraid, it just happens. I'm running a mac.

Sorry, just bumping because I've found out that it's a problem with the Foxtrot's guided missiles. I don't get crashes unless one is in flight or detonating.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 am

If you read the rest of the thread I am pretty sure that exact bug was already found and reported.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next