View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Aco Delta Covenant (05/04/13)* 

Aco Delta Covenant (05/04/13)*

[= Aco Delta Covenant =]
[ Ae-koh _ Dell-tah _ Cuv-en-ant ]

====-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------====

The Aco Covenant is a mechanical faction born by a lone AI, and populated by that lone AI, only called as Aco, or The Aco.

The creation of the Artificial Intelligence is of unknown origin and source. The only information known between the creator and Aco is, through programming, the formal agreement of a test to self sustain as a conscious AI without intelligent organismic supervision. Aco started off with certain restrictions and needs, such as a common type of liquid that was needed every period of time and to keep away from a form of gas to substitute as survivability. Suddenly, over hundreds of centuries after the assumed extinction of the creators, Aco had developed a way to inhibit its survival bounds, but then started to experience unusual emotions. Soon after, Aco had made contact with other organic intelligence and immediately felt paranoia and anxiety, thinking their pressence was to terminate Aco for cheating its test, leading Aco to fear for its own 'life'. Aco started to produce weapons and bodies to hide behind and never stopped manufacturing, but over time, Aco was running out of resources to use. It sent the "Delta" portion of its defences out in the empty space to search for more resources to use, and eventually, Delta then came across the Tradestar Midas, along with a planet. Cautious as Aco was, it felt neutral with Midas, and soon learned that the planet was exactly what the Aco Covenant needed.

====-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------====

[=--AIR--=]

Drop Pod
Model - Victor

[Vik-tah]

Insertion Pod

Drone
Gunship Model - Golf

[Golf]

Aeriel attack Drone.

.:Armament:.

-FmA-Whiskey Free Missiles-
-LS-India Vulcan-

Drone
Portable Model - Oscar

[Oss-cah]

Aeriel support Drone

Note:
When left to AI control, the drone will activate its AAS (Area Awareness Sensor)
and will follow any allies that come across the sensor and shoot any enemies as well.

-SG-Zulu Subgun-

[=--GROUND--=]

Drone
Crawler Model - Foxtrot

[Foks-trot]

Ground artillery Drone

-AuN-Charlie Free Rockets-
-Rn-Juliet Lock Missiles-
-LS-India Vulcan-

Mecha
Variant - Bravo

[Brah-voh]

Standard Unit

Variant Alpha
[Al-fah]

Brain Unit

Mech
Prototype - Delta

[Dell-tah]

Heavy armored firepower Unit

-HN-November-
Magazine (Thermatic)
40 -> 65

[=--MUNITIONS--=]

DM-Tango
[Tang-go]

Semi Auto
Magazine (Thermatic)
10 -> 15

SE-Lima
[Lee-mah]

Fully Auto
Magazine (Thermatic)
25 -> 40

KN-Hotel
[Hoh-tel]

Semi Auto
Magazine (Ballistic)

DMS-Romeo
[Row-me-oh]

Semi Auto
Magazine (Ballistic)

GNR-Mike
[Mike]

Semi Auto
Magazine (Ballistic)

VLS-Kilo
[Key-loh]

Semi Auto
Magazine (Thermatic)

YR-Echo
[Eck-oh]

(Ballistic)
5 Seconds

[=THERMATIC=]

Thermatic (or Thermal) Weapons have magazines that work on heat. When reloaded they start at loading temperature and over time lose temperature allowing for more shots before overheating and needing to reload.
(Only exception is the VLS-Kilo which uses no magazine and only has the temperature tolerance for one shot before cooldown)

[=BALLISTIC=]

Ballistic Weapons use normal ammunition and are reloaded at their magazine's max round count.

[=PROGRESS LOG=]
Recoverd developement logs of the Aco AI production

[ Thursday, July 27th, 2012 ]
=- Initial contract between Aco and the Tradestar Midas

[ Friday, July 28th, 2012 ]
=- Misspelled munitions fixed
=- Juliet Lock Missiles properly lock on
=- Entering new scene crash fixed
=- India Vulcan increased Rate of Fire
=- Drop Pod improved landing reactions
=- Model-Golf damage taken balance
=- DM, DMS, and KN all buffed.

[ Friday, September 28th, 2012 ]
=- Model-Oscar follower malfunctioning repaired (Fixed crash when followed unit enters a craft)
=- Campaign attendance glitch repaired (Fixed crash when playing campaign)

[ Friday, April 5th, 2013 ]
=- Minor maintenance and tweaks in unit systems (Lock-on missile crash should be fixed as well as Oscars should now keep their target when something gibs)

[=CONTACT INFORMATION=]

[= FileFront =]
[- Aco Delta Order Access line A -]

[= MediaFire =]
[- Aco Delta Order Access line B -]

[=MEMORABLE PEOPLE=]
To those who have aided in the production of the Aco AI

Coops - Assumed creator of the Aco AI (Mod Content)
Bad Boy, Roast Veg, No_0ne, Gotcha, Carriontrooper - Foxtrot drone blueprint assistance (ACrab help threads)
Lizard - Administrating early progress (Testing and Critique)
Mirefrost00 - Volunteered assistance (Helping with stuff I can't be bothered to do)

Last edited by Coops on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:00 am, edited 18 times in total.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:21 am

Post Re: Aco Delta Covenant (27/07/12)*
♥♥♥♥, I hope I didn't forget anything.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 am

This looks beutiful. totally teesting. be back shortly with details.

EDIT: As a whole the mod is Fantastic. I love the explosion effects. I have to say that the M-Golf and the M-Oscar drones are amazing. I like how you got them to hover in mid air without just being a set distance from the ground. I especially like how the M-Golf is able to go from a little above ground to full hover. I'm confused on how the Charlie Free Missiles act differently on the M-Golf and the M-Foxtrot. (nice names by the way) :cool: . You guns aren't really too effective though. I was testing them on the Firing range Scene and most of the rounds did little damage to Dafred clones. The only ones that deemed effective were the November and the lima only due to their large clip and/or high fire rate. Also good job on the Miko. Its not terrain rapey yet it gets the job done. Oh and speaking of terrain rape your Mecha P Delta rapes the top level of regular soil. he walks right through it.

-Me :D

Last edited by Zeroxys on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 am

Particle effects are incredible, sprites are fantastic, the units are amazing, that goddamn guardian drone's AI is awesome, and the weapon sprites, effects, and animations are.. I need more words.

Bottom line, this is great.

Coops wrote:
♥♥♥♥, I hope I didn't forget anything.

You need to update your sig now :)

Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:57 am

Kettenkrad wrote:
You need to update your sig now :)

That was it. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback too guys.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:00 am

Oh my ♥♥♥♥ higgs bison what the ♥♥♥♥ is it with these majestic sprites I don't even arrlllarllllarlllarllarrllllarrlllarrrrrrr *system crash*

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:12 am

This is the best. The best.

Only complaint: The 6-shot semi rifle is a bit weak for being a 6-shot semi rifle.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:17 am

you sir, could scoop poop into a fun mod; the sprites are pretty and the effects are mind blowing.
My only complaint is the item descriptions, for one thing, they don't exist.
number/number

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 am

Mod is great. SAW was my favorite. Now your mod got on 1st place.
But got problem, after using actors from this mod If I want to restart/exit scene game crashes.
9/10!

Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 am

Yeah, I started to notice that too! After playing some scenarios through with these actors/weapons, I've noticed the game crashes if I restart the scene or head to the main menu.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

Actualy happened on tutorial bunker only so far. Nothing bad.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:48 am

Fantastic mod, the support drone alone is worth the download!
However, i've noticed two bugs: When an actor the support drone has "locked onto" enters a craft, the game crashes and on the walker, you seem to have mixed up the Lock Misiles and the Free Rockets.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Knew I forgot something else.

The Missiles on Golf were missnamed. Leading to the confusion with ammo types on Foxtrot and Golf.

One thing I was doing when making the mod was I was always changing the preset names of the actors but never remembered to change them in the scripts too, so now the lock missiles on Foxtrot work properly.

The crashing bug for when Oscar is locked onto a friendly that enters a craft has been fixed.

I don't know whats causing the crashes when loading other scenes in detail but I know that when I spawned a MO with a script that works with an Attachable (like Golf's engine or the VLS' cover plate) that's when it crashed as soon as I loaded another scene. If none of those MO's got into the scene then I could load into another scene no problem.

I'll have to look more into that, cause I got no idea why it's causing it to crash like that.
When in Doubt, C4. Fixed.

The upload sites don't seem to be uploading properly right now so the bug fix update will have to wait for now.

Thanks for the feedback though, guys. You're all awesome.

Mod is Campaign friendly too btw.

Last edited by Coops on Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:56 pm

Ha found yours UAV have great VBIED potiential.
Just pack it up with couple of bombs, it's engine is very powerfull so can fly easily even overencumbered.
And when you just touch terrain with "nose" even on low speed(no matter loaded or not) it gibs releasing payload.
I found it quite annoying to gib so easily at first but then looked at "Bombs" and... MUAHAHAHAHAH :D
And it's gun is too weak in comparision to rockets, either nerf them or make MG better.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:34 pm

How did you get bombs in the Drone? I thought you can't put things in ACrabs inventory through the buy menu.

I'll up the RoA for the vulcan too.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next