View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Loyalists.rte - Militia Faction [WIP] Patched 10.07.2012 

Post Re: Loyalists.rte - Militia Faction [WIP] Patched 10.07.2012
Man

You came to bring the pain
hardcore from the brain
let's go inside your astral plane

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 am

The Loyalists are kinda weak, and nearly useless because they cant even jump 0,65 Feet. But their weapons are cheap and some of them are powerful. Well, expect the plasma guns, they just expl-*dies*

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi guys!

I haven't been updating this because the copy of CC I was playing on was my ex-bf's, lol. Couldn't really play after we broke up anymore!

Someone just bought it for me and I got the mod files back, though, so I should be able to continue developing this mod. I'll set the icon to 1.0 if you guys say it works but I have yet to test it.

More updates soon!

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:59 am

I absolutely love this mod, gives a nice World War 1 British soldier feel while adding some pretty defences and weapons.
The Plasma guns took me by surprise, I never expected to have my head completely torn off by the gun exploding in my hands :P

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 am

I think this mod would be vastly improved if the loyalists had the ability to jump so they wouldn't be completely incapable of getting anywhere apart from across a perfectly flat surface,but either way this mod is awesome

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:08 am

OliveD wrote:
Hi guys!

I haven't been updating this because the copy of CC I was playing on was my ex-bf's, lol. Couldn't really play after we broke up anymore!

Someone just bought it for me and I got the mod files back, though, so I should be able to continue developing this mod. I'll set the icon to 1.0 if you guys say it works but I have yet to test it.

More updates soon!

Glad to hear it!

I agree with the other posters asking for a jump function. Movement in general is a pain, but these guys are perfect for fighting zombies with flintlocks.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:13 am

Posting to request feedback.

Jump function is still not going in. I know, you guys want it bad, but it's the main thing that makes this faction a pain in the ass and Fun to play, so I'm not getting rid of that just yet.

Things I've thought of to try to counteract the jump issue:
-The loyalists now have a bomb called "Ladder" that spawns, well, a ladder. It's easy to walk through it, though, and if I make it out of Test, it becomes an impenetrable barrier, not exactly what I want. Suggestions?
-The air balloon can drop horizontal bridge sections. Maybe also pillars. Same issue as above though.
-Haven't tried this yet, but I could use Lua to make loyalists able to climb on each other. It wouldn't work very well and would prevent troops from being stacked in small places, though. Feedback required.
-Thinking of making scripted bridge building that doesn't require physically putting down a gravity affected object, so you can extend your bridge over indefinite lengths over enough time. Section by section, you dig?

Other things, I may make a loyalist unit with a jetpack, like I've mentioned before I think. I'm trying to find a solution that works for all troops first, but, it'll be coming eventually.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:16 am

Well here's some feedback

this mod is fun but it's lacking diversity, yes there are armored and unarmored troops, but you should make it a bit more diversity, as in this
the jetpack troop is a good idea, but there should be more than just one unique unit, maybe more vehicles, the tank is good, but add more, like a medium and a heavy tank, or some sort of war machine (just to balance the mod more), but overall the mod is really fun, especially when that one grenade you needed to save your life malfunctions and you get brutally ripped to shreds by enemy gunfire.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:28 am

I am diggin that ladder.

Probably not a good idea to have troops climb over eachother, simply because of the lua necessary for such a thing to take place and the lag it would cause.

If you wanted it to be less physically affected you could add in a ToSettle = true in some lua code, turning it into terrain. Not exactly sure how that would work but I'm pretty sure the concept is solid.

But goddammit that ladder is cool.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:45 am

They settle just fine. The opposite would be better, maybe. The problem is that when they're settled, every material short of Test eventually gets removed by the loyalists walking THROUGH it. Look at the preview I made, you'll see.

I dunno how to fix it.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:00 am

There's not much you really can do... maybe add a wide-angle dirt/sand sprayer that can be used to layer extra material over a ladder to reinforce/patch it up, or to quickly fill up pits?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

OliveD wrote:
They settle just fine. The opposite would be better, maybe. The problem is that when they're settled, every material short of Test eventually gets removed by the loyalists walking THROUGH it. Look at the preview I made, you'll see.

I dunno how to fix it.
Objects turn in to a scrap material when they settle to stop the scene from filling up with porous mountains of gibs. New for 1.0 is an ini-variable called SettleMaterialDisabled that override this.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 pm

Some form of cheap grappling hook with a fairly small range only capable of pulling light actors might help.

You could just make ladders cheap so they will wear out but also be easily replaceable.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 pm

Just wanted to chime in and say this mod is pretty adorable!

I agree with painbringer that more tanks and a walker (CC walkers are awesome!) would really add to the playability of the faction.

Perhaps the coolest thing possible (and that would fit into the faction flavour) would be some sort of engineer tank that can level and excavate terrain, lay bridges and spray material.

Has anyone ever experimented with trying to put something like a bunker module onto a vehicle actor so human actors can fight out of a vehicle just like they fight out of a base?

To make your ladders tougher, how did the old AAL mod the the various "tough block" mods make their materials so resilient? Could something be adapted here?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Can't you just make a "lite" or "LF" (Less FUN) Of your mod, with Jumps and such ?
Or just some actors with a jump fonction, pretty too hard witout the jump ?

If not, is someone able to code this and upload it, while givin' you credit ?

ANyway, thanks :P

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next