View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Loyalists.rte - Militia Faction [WIP] Patched 10.07.2012 

Post Re: Loyalists.rte - Militia Faction [WIP] Updated 31.07.2012
This mod is truly fun to use, watching a bunch of militia spam rifle bullets(?) at anything is FUN to watch
One strange thing is that the weapons actually do a good amount of damage, even though you mentioned that the weapons aren't really that reliable, you can INSTAGIB an actor equipped with a helmet if you shoot him in the helmet :twisted: .

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:48 am

They seen to have considerably better accuracy when controlled by a human, makes them powerful with enough cover. Damn militia men having terrible aim.
Can we have a mini release with those stronger modules and improved bayonets? My militia men a still slowly burrowing to the centre of the earth with zeal

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:51 am

I know that the faction is meant to be underpowered but I think you should at least give militiamen the ability to jump or make them move faster. It doesn't have to be a jet pack but just the ability to hop. It really painful to move troops across the field because of how sluggish and clumsy they are.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:44 am

As requested, quick patch with new bayonet controls and better house modules. Also added sandbags that I left out accidentally last time I think.

An update on the rail gun, unfortunately I deleted the gimp workspace that I had the finished version in by accident. It isn't that big of a deal because I still have the original painted version, but it'll take me a bit longer to get it released.

About the bayonet controls, the mode switch idea is probably better and I'll test both side to side later on.

Oh, and I'm considering adding a special kind of unit equipped with a jetpack for those of you who want them. Expect it to be expensive (for a militia guy), unable to fly straight and prone to explosive malfunctions.

Edit: Oh, by the way, about the rifles being pretty powerful, I thought it was okay to make them damaging as such because of militia men rarely ever hitting and also the fact that the reload time on the rifle usually means you end up getting shot by the buddy of whoever you just killed. Do say if you think I should nerf, I think it's alright though.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:03 am

I got a crash :(

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:55 am

The patch is evil!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Don't ask me why, but, for some reason, I had a file in the root of the .rte that included (or tried to) "RocketBase.ini". I think I might have been working on a test scene earlier and omitted to delete it.

At any rate, re-uploaded the patch, sorry everyone. If you don't feel like downloading it again, you can just go to your loyalists.rte root folder and get rid of the scenes.ini file there (though that also requires removing the include from loyalists.ini.)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Post Re: Loyalists.rte - Militia Faction [WIP] Patched 10.07.2012
I really love this mod, This faction really adds fun to cortex command (It would really be nice to see some artillery though, and possibly a ground transport, like a junkie old jeep with a mounted machinegun or an armoured transport truck)
Also, The changed Bayonet is not very good, the bayonet was already hard to use on enemies without them blowing you apart, but now that its smaller, its not really worth using. The old bayonet length was better. Also the flamethrowers bayonet is not mapped to the up key (W key) :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:55 am

My new favorite unit mod. Very well done.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 am

I created an account purely so that I could say: I love this mod! I've been playing as them in campaign mode, it adds a refreshing bit of challenge to the standard game - the trench systems are an awesome idea. I'd really love to see it completed. The challenge for me stems from using nothing but loyalist equipment.

I have but a few bugbears, ie, the fact that to use a plasma weapon is certain death, rather than just risky, and the grenades are completely useless. There should be some sort of GPMG (general purpose machine gun, the massive tripod-mounted guns). I know they rely on numbers but they are completely toothless in certain areas - I tried to attack uphill against a tower with a heavy unit on top armed with a gatling gun. The only reason I beat it was because I crashed a hot air balloon into it. A mortar would just've been nice at that point :P It just gives them the capability of fortifying a place without necessarily detracting from the 'charge in a million men and hope' tactic that is the staple loyalist move.

One thing I think would be really really useful would be a mechanic/builder unit that can deploy sandbags and wooden planks and is also armed with a shovel - for makeshift landing pads, forward trenches, and fortifications.

In terms of terrain, it's -awesome-, but there needs to be more. I would love to see the trench system extend underground, maybe even with minecarts, and I'd want all the materials necessary to set up a decent trench system. Currently there's no way to make a multi-layered trench that looks halfway decent.

Finally - please provide a way for troops to get over holes =\ I remember making about 20 men hunt the enemy brain and they all ended up in the same pit, milling about. They need to be able to jump or climb - I know there is a grappling hook scripted somewhere, could you not just edit that so that is is a short range, natural weapon that all the lighter units start with?

Again, awesome work and concept, please please please keep going :)

-Josh

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic mod, theres nothing quite like ordering a crate filled to the brim with soldiers, the ONLY gripe I have is that they should be able to jump, not a big jump but at least a little one.

I'm eagerly awaiting further updates.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:46 am

Yes, Would love to see continued support on this unique and fantastic mod.

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:32 am

This is an awesome mod and my personal favorite out of them all. Although I have to agree with JoshAtWar about some of the things he said. The lack of a jump function really bothers me, especially when I'm assaulting or defending a base. Not to mention it's difficult to walk through terrain sometimes, I've been noticing them literally digging into the ground at times! Maybe a weak jetpack could work or something?

I'd really like to see the faction have their own digger and concrete gun. Because as it stands right now, both are somewhat pricey when playing the campaign and the brain only spawns with the plasma gun and flag.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Hey, since this mod works for 1.0, maybe you should update the icon of the thread to reflect that, so more people will go get it :grin: .

Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 pm

I can understand no jetpacks, but not even having a jump makes things way too tedious.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next