View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:25 pm



Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
I have a few problems.

Firstly, a lot of the plants stop growing after I hit play.
Second, I can't find the tree.
Third, the berries don't spread on their own.
And Fourth, there is no plains crab in the menu.

Wazzup with that?


Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
cooldude1128 wrote:
I have a few problems.

Firstly, a lot of the plants stop growing after I hit play.
Second, I can't find the tree.
Third, the berries don't spread on their own.
And Fourth, there is no plains crab in the menu.

Wazzup with that?


In order:
1. That's weird, I've not noticed that. Which plants?
2. The tree is not included yet! Also when it is it'll be boring anyhow because it's a tree. Mostly I'm just having difficulty spriting it.
3. The berries spread if you eat them! Shoot the berries off the tree, then use them when your dudes are damaged. It'll heal you and drop a seed! Note that orange seeds actually float up (like dandelion seeds!) and grow from ceilings only.
4. The plains crab is actually the regular crab, renamed for fluff reasons. I should probably include it anyhow.


Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 am
Posts: 202
Location: Brisbane
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
Awesome, I've always wanted some unique plants and animals in CC. Good work!


Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 am
Posts: 295
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
You should add hostile creatures in the fray.


Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:03 am
Posts: 32
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
With things like berries you should be able to turn them into something else once you have gathered enough, kinda like the Trappers faction and its scavenger...


Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:15 pm
Posts: 12
Reply with quote
 Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
Amazing mod Ive been wanting a wildlife mod for ages but the only thing I'm confused about are the creatures sounds some of them sound like robots I'm not sure if you just haven't got round to doing the sound yet or your not doing them but everything else about this is amazing :grin:


Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm
Posts: 26
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
Djinn wrote:
cooldude1128 wrote:
I have a few problems.

Firstly, a lot of the plants stop growing after I hit play.
Second, I can't find the tree.
Third, the berries don't spread on their own.
And Fourth, there is no plains crab in the menu.

Wazzup with that?


In order:
1. That's weird, I've not noticed that. Which plants?
2. The tree is not included yet! Also when it is it'll be boring anyhow because it's a tree. Mostly I'm just having difficulty spriting it.
3. The berries spread if you eat them! Shoot the berries off the tree, then use them when your dudes are damaged. It'll heal you and drop a seed! Note that orange seeds actually float up (like dandelion seeds!) and grow from ceilings only.
4. The plains crab is actually the regular crab, renamed for fluff reasons. I should probably include it anyhow.



1. All of them.
2. Oh.
3. Shouldn't the plants drop more than one seed?
4. Ohhh...


Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 pm
Posts: 59
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
um..ok? Why am i getting this error?

---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
---------------------------
Failed to find the Xenobiology.rte Data Module!

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
---------------------------
NOT OKAY!
---------------------------


Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 209
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
What is the last line of the abortscreen.bmp, it would help track down why you are getting that error.


Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:48 pm
Posts: 59
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
Asatruer wrote:
What is the last line of the abortscreen.bmp, it would help track down why you are getting that error.



it was the error report that i posted and it said the last line of abortscreen:

Xenobiology.rte loading :


then it crashed


Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:51 am
Posts: 1196
Location: Sydney
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
It's likely you didn't extract the mod correctly. Check the installation directory and make sure the mod isn't inside itself.

Djinn, this is, incredible ;-;


Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:26 am
Posts: 298
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
Kettenkrad wrote:
It's likely you didn't extract the mod correctly. Check the installation directory and make sure the mod isn't inside itself.

Djinn, this is, incredible ;-;


Thanks! Haven't had time to add much more to it since I posted it, but my head is jam-packed with ideas. Most won't ever see the light of day, but I'll see if I can get the neater ones. Do people want to see more animals or more plants (please say plants they're easier)?


Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:38 am
Posts: 162
Location: Only The Claw knows...
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
To be honest, I'd like to see a couple more aerial animals, but what I'd really like is some vines.


Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 pm
Posts: 86
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
I'd like to see animals dig tunnels in random directions

but first of all i'd like so SEE animals o_O

i can't see them, the only thing i can do with this mod is use berries and plants who fire seeds, no animals available


Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:56 pm
Posts: 2
Reply with quote
Post Re: Trickster Inc. presents: Xenobiology
How about adding water with fish living in certain waters like for instant.
Saltwater type fish live in saltwater where as they would die in freshwater.
Also maybe add a way where the crabs and trudgers grow


Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.033s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]