View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Braindead 

Braindead
Attachment:
Braindead.rar [8.5 KiB]
Downloaded 4894 times

Last edited by !CTLV128 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Post Re: Braindead (Light WIP)
Dude, this is pretty freaking awesome. Nice work.
If you were really a sadist though, you might want to create custom zombies and up the GibWoundLimits to your liking.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 pm

This mod is pretty amazing, and it works quite well. The battles get intense really quickly, and soon the zedheads get everywhere. I haven't spotted any really gamebreaking faults (besides the fact that a brainbot isn't my brain) and this makes for a challenging and fun mod.

Also, you get a mug of respect for implementing a Miracle of Sound song into the description.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:52 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Mingebag7 wrote:
If you were really a sadist though, you might want to create custom zombies and up the GibWoundLimits to your liking.

Custom zombies are a must! An occasional "uber-zombie" spawning after a while that has an attack that can effectively crush barricades and cover and that takes more than a shotgun to kill.

Also, if you want to create a huge map, it should be non-wrapping. Just my suggestion.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:21 pm

kerlc123 wrote:
besides the fact that a brainbot isn't my brain

I think that's not really a gamebreaking fault.If you haven't notest the brain has energy weapons and it really fits that he's a brain bot.

Anyway,its a great mod i really enjoyed it but what i dont like in it is that zombies have guns,instead of guns you cloud make a new weapon;a claw attack, it will turn whoever it hits in to a zombie when he's dead.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm

You should create tougher than normal Ronin actors for survivors. Maybe a few custom weapons, like a claw weapon, or cool guns for the survivors. I like how the zombies rise out of the ground, but maybe you could have them spawn in groups that are a little larger than right now. Zombies with guns are cool, and they remind me of DOOM, but it's kinda hard to survive for long with how weak the actors are.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Last edited by !CTLV128 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:10 am

I've seen alot of mods have weapons removed on death,i don't think its that hard.
And i play mostly on blood drive because i always do better on my own.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:50 am

Fun mod!

Is there a way to customize how we choose our starting unit? I'd like to make my own customized survivors.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:37 am

JayTasslehoff wrote:
Fun mod!

Is there a way to customize how we choose our starting unit? I'd like to make my own customized survivors.

Yes, actually, but it involves fiddling with the lua file. It's not that difficult though. You'll see this in braindead.lua:

Code:
               foundBrain = CreateAHuman("Ronin Heavy")
               foundBrain:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Imperatus/Bullpup AR-14"))
               foundBrain:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Coalition/Heavy Pistol"))
               foundBrain:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Base/Light Digger"))
               foundBrain.Pos = SceneMan:MovePointToGround(Vector(math.random(0, SceneMan.SceneWidth), 0), 0, 0) + Vector(0, -50)
               foundBrain.Team = self:GetTeamOfPlayer(player)
               ActorA = CreateAHuman("Imperatus Brain Robot")
               ActorA:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Techion/Pulse Rifle"))
               ActorA:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Base/Medium Digger"))
               ActorA:AddInventoryItem(CreateTDExplosive("Coalition/Cluster Grenade"))
               ActorA.Pos = SceneMan:MovePointToGround(Vector(math.random(0, SceneMan.SceneWidth), 0), 0, 0) + Vector(0, -50)
               ActorA.Team = self:GetTeamOfPlayer(player)
               ActorB = CreateAHuman("Soldier Light")
               ActorB:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Browncoats/AR-25 Hammerfist"))
               ActorB:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Base/Medium Digger"))
               ActorB.Pos = SceneMan:MovePointToGround(Vector(math.random(0, SceneMan.SceneWidth), 0), 0, 0) + Vector(0, -50)
               ActorB.Team = self:GetTeamOfPlayer(player)
               ActorC = CreateAHuman("Browncoat Heavy")
               ActorC:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Ronin/Pumpgun"))
               ActorC:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Coalition/Pistol"))
               ActorC:AddInventoryItem(CreateHDFirearm("Base/Heavy Digger"))
               ActorC.Pos = SceneMan:MovePointToGround(Vector(math.random(0, SceneMan.SceneWidth), 0), 0, 0) + Vector(0, -50)
               ActorC.Team = self:GetTeamOfPlayer(player)

Fiddle with that until you get the team you want and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 am

Would it be possible to replace the regular zombies with the zombies from the zombies 09 mod? I just think they'd go really well together.

Also, don't add fog of war to Blood drive or Brain dead. At least until it looks less horrible. If you want to remove jetpacking, just make the jetpack's fuel really low.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:27 am

Sir wrote:
Would it be possible to replace the regular zombies with the zombies from the zombies 09 mod? I just think they'd go really well together.

Also, don't add fog of war to Blood drive or Brain dead. At least until it looks less horrible. If you want to remove jetpacking, just make the jetpack's fuel really low.

Is Zombies '09 even compatible with 1.0? Huh. But yeah, that shouldn't be too hard. Look in the lua files for the "self.factionAActorList" and add the preset names of whatever actors you please. You might also have to modify "self.factionA" to be zombies09.rte or whatever.

Now, on the subject of Fog of War; I like exploration. Plain and simple. I think Blood Drive could benefit from having it because it's a gamemode on a much smaller scale. This'll just reinforce that feeling. It'll be optional, though. So don't worry.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 pm

I made an acid-spitting zombie some time ago, feel free to use it if you want to:

Attachment:
Spitter.rte.rar [8.43 KiB]
Downloaded 301 times

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Making scenes isn't too hard if I'm not wrong if you do them with the scene editor instead of trying to hand-code it. And you could use the modules of Trappers mod, which are very city-looking and I love to used them to ambient "zombie invasions" backstories while playing.

Zombies from Zombies 09' could also be good.

And you could try with custom weapons for the zombies that turns your actors into zombies!

A lot of time ago I created some zombie weapons that were used in a custom zombie (just a copy from the old undead.rte one) that vomited over targets and as a tracer shot a particle that was the "virus" and turned the actor into a zombie; I also did the same with some "claws" that when detecting that the actor had something like 5< HP it turned it into a zombie.
I also lua'd the gun a bit to make the actor move forward when it attacked, so that range wouldn't be an issue :D

Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 pm

Zombies with GUNS? You do want to kill me, dont ya? :roll:

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next