View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 GALACTIC EMPIRE 1.05 R7 

Post Re: GALACTIC EMPIRE 1.05 R3
DudeAbides wrote:
It does indeed recharge. An actor's 'Sharpness' on a scale of 0 - 10 is the measurement of their force power/lightsaber skill. Turn up the actor's sharpness to make them better at it.

Does that mean that if I increase it, it will charge above 50?

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:40 am

DudeAbides wrote:
1.05 R3

-New Blaster functionality.
-Troopers now use the sniper beam rifle.
-Sith characters heal up over time.
-Increased force powers and lightsaber stamina.
-Buyable lightsabers, now in three different colors.
-Poorly hidden secret characters.
-No more gibs cluttering buy list.

Just a stupid question... are you DudeTh3man from youtube?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 am

Yes and No

Quote:
Does that mean that if I increase it, it will charge above 50

Yes, if you increase an actor's sharpness, lightsaber stamina will charge above 50.

Quote:
are you DudeTh3man from youtube?

No, not at all.

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Can I just take a moment to let you know that this mod is flipping amazing? I can't believe this isn't more popular. Please tell me you have plans to do a Rebel faction, maybe other heroes like Obi-Wan, Luke, and Boba Fett? Possibly get crazy-ambitious and do Droids/Clones? I'd love to see more, as this is a masterfully done mod with top-notch spriting. Rather than dropping a handful of overpowered weapons and troops into the game, it actually expands on Cortex Command with interesting new mechanics that are fun and fairly well-balanced alongside vanilla content. You can expect a multiplayer versus campaign featuring this on my Youtube Channel very soon. Top notch work!

Some praise and critiques:
The lightsabers are great, and the parry mechanic is damned sexy. Though far from invincible, you still feel like a badass if you fight wisely, deflecting shots away and back at attackers until you can close with them. It's a fair trade for the lack of range as well... a balanced and viable melee weapon for Cortex Command!

Bugs-wise, Scout Troopers being placed seems to cause lag. It takes 2 or 3 to be noticeable on my machine, but there's something about them that hogs more memory compared to other troops. I also noticed that blasters sometimes seemed to aim and fire at a different angle than the joystick was aiming. Could it be a bug, or just the Stormtrooper's legendary accuracy at work?

On a design note, blasters seemed underpowered for their slow rate of fire and inaccuracy. Also, the lack of jetpacks makes it tough for troops to navigate terrain. A stronger jump would be nice, and possibly a quicker-recharging jump to allow mid-air changes in direction. Otherwise, even small hills can be frustrating to cross without a grapple gun or something. An invisible, soundless jetpack might be neat for Force-Sensitives as well... it's embarrassing to have the fearsome Darth Vader singlehandedly kicking ass, only to get trapped in a 4-foot deep ditch, you know?

Thanks for putting this together... it's definitely earned a place among my favorite mods.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:00 am

He's right, I too seem to be getting lag from the Scout Troopers. I find that it seems to be spamming console errors, you can't miss 'em if you check the console.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Just as a footnote, the first part of our playthrough using Galactic Empire just went live. Consider it a heartfelt thanks for putting all this amazingness together:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQrktIK2hk

EDIT:
Regarding my earlier post, I caught your One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg about doing Rebels in the future. I'm honestly a wee bit heartbroken to hear that, but I totally get it. If it'd help make it more feasible in the future, maybe you could set up a little Adfly link for the download, and earn a few ducats for your hard work on these? Or a Paypal tip jar on the original post? I've been checking your other mods, and you do a damned fine job... definitely going to be featuring a few more of those. I'm also happy to link back to your stuff where I can.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:05 am

Thanks for the plug, solifuge! I'm a pretty big Star Wars nerd, so I'm pretty happy about the mod pack as well.

Really, I plan to add plenty more content, but at my discretion. The money thing was more to make a point that it would take too much of my time - I don't want your monies, only your two-cents about the mod. I have fun with this and my hope is that you all do, too.

I don't enjoy the feeling of being beholden to finishing a project, which another faction amounts to. I like the idea of adding some Jedi heroes and rebel troopers and some droids (standard and advanced battle types), but they will all be in the same mod, meaning that they will be unplayable against eachother in vanilla metagame (unless everyone uses EMPIRE and agrees to use only technology from their own faction, hur huhr). I find the loadout.ini system a little bit annoying - long story short, reorganizing everything into different RTEs and making them so they work on their own for the metagame is not worth the time to me, but hacking together game modes with Star Wars stuff is something I do for a good time - so despite my claim that there will be no Rebellion faction from me (there won't) I'll still make all manner of Star Wars stuff for this.

At this point, I like to think of it less as the 'GALACTIC EMPIRE' mod and more as the 'FORCE UNLEASHED' mod or maybe a 2d spritual followup to the 'SABER BATTLE X' mod for JK2:Dark Forces, meaning that really anything goes (rebels, bounty hunters, droids, republic clonetroopers, etc), just at my snail's pace with only as many new units as I feel like making (no extra factions = no one asking for a dropship and rocket launcher and heavy unit for every faction).

I have enough on my hands at this point that any suggestions for extra stuff will get turned down unless you have ini and code ready to go for me, but you can be sure there will be more Star Wars tech that works in it's own neat little way.

-I will have to take a look at the scout troopers/sniper rifles. If someone can tell me what the console error is it would help me nail that problem.
-I may make the Stormtroopers better shootists...but that definitely is their famous training hard at work. More power to blasters is something I am considering, though Stormtrooper's low price points partially justify it (maybe?)
-If anyone can write an UNMAPPED LANDS lua file for this mod that would be rad.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Post Re: GALACTIC EMPIRE 1.05 R3.5
R3.5 Stealth Update:

Haven't had as much time for CC lately but some tinkering has occurred.

-Removed laser sight from Scout rifle. Hopefully it runs better now.
-Lightsaber flourishes: When your weapon is a giant arc-welding light beam you don't have to hit your enemy very hard. Why not show off a little? Also makes the lightsabers considerably deadlier by virtue of all the spinning.
-Force Grip adjustments make it a deadlier weapon against multiple foes.
-Sith Training and PvP Modes, once more based on Narkaleptic's stage technology. Unfinished but playable!
-Sith characters no longer unbuyable.
-Some Damage/particle adjustments.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 pm

I honestly like the old lightsaber behavior better. You can dig through debris better with it because it doesn't spin. The deflection seems to have been more accurate before it did the spinning thing, I'm not sure though. Also, the spinning looks a little ridiculous.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:57 am

Quote:
I honestly like the old lightsaber behavior better. You can dig through debris better with it because it doesn't spin. The deflection seems to have been more accurate before it did the spinning thing, I'm not sure though. Also, the spinning looks a little ridiculous.

These were concerns that I also considered at the first implementation. Further testing suggested to me that

-You can still dig through a wall with a lightsaber plenty fast. Not bad considering they aren't meant to be used to melt your way through 4 foot thick walls anways.
-deflecting a shot in the middle of a spin forces you to reset your blade position, meaning that all follow up shots will be deflected forwards. Basically you may deflect in some random direction for the first strike, but any rapid subsequent attacks will be deflected forwards.
-Spinning does look ridiculous, but gives the lightsaber a 360 attack capability with respect to it's grip point. Now you can hit people in front of you/under you/over you all while keeping the sword in a fixed defensive position. A flourish can take out the guy immediately behind you while you defend against the front.
-Forces the user to be more conscious of when they engage the lightsaber. Different swords do different things at different timings, so it's less about starting up the sword any time before engaging a foe and more about beginning the attack/deflection at the right time to achieve the right attack or defense. A good spin can throw off an opponent's expectation of where the sword is going to land, too, so I figured this alone was worth keeping the spinning in.

Of course I may have just been smoking too much crack and it would be great if some people could give me their additional opinions.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:44 am

Well, can you at least make the spinning looks less... strange? I don't see real Jedis spinning there swords at fixed intervals like that. XD But then... I've honestly never seen a real Jedi in my life...

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 am

EMPIRE 1.05R4

-Blaster damage increased.

-Nerfed sith and jedi healing.
-Lightsaber max ammo recieves slight debuff.
-Force Lightning stream thinned out.
-Double tap left or right on Clone-wars era sith lords to do a leaping step.

-General Grievous rounds out the Confederate Systems 'heroes'.
-Sith Training now two player functional! Rebalanced spawn rates and loadouts.

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x31auls6ficxr57

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:35 pm

DudeAbides wrote:
EMPIRE 1.05R4

-Blaster damage increased.

-Nerfed sith and jedi healing.
-Lightsaber max ammo recieves slight debuff.
-Force Lightning stream thinned out.
-Double tap left or right on Clone-wars era sith lords to do a leaping step.

-General Grievous rounds out the Confederate Systems 'heroes'.
-Sith Training now two player functional! Rebalanced spawn rates and loadouts.

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x31auls6ficxr57

general Grievous is awesomenesauce with hallapenos and Adobo sason on some Chuleta with Arroz y abichuelas. Its the First time that I've seen a actor with four arms, I can shoot with a Gatling gun in one set of hands while flinging the lightsaber with the other set. :D

Your a great modder and your way better then me in every level. I hope you stay in the modding community for a long time Dude. :)
your art work is A+ your codes are A+ and your mods in general area A++.

Also I was wondering if your Lua codes are usable? If you say no I'll understand that its your hard work and you don't want some random guy to make mods with your hard worked stuff and your hard worked stuff is what keeps your mods unique to yourself.

i get happier and happier with every release :grin:

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:54 pm

There seems to be a problem with the general, I couldn't get a screenshot because my game crashed the second I pressed print screen. First, I only see 3 lightsabers. Maybe this was intentional. Second, after I blasted him with a nade (throwing a second nade to make sure) I thought he died, then I noticed something in the ground; his second pair of arms. Just as functional as the other jedis except... no torso or head. It just floats around. It's fully controllable.

Last edited by Someone64 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the general

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1rh1y2kewi25k15

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next