View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 [WIP] Psyclones 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Psyclones (upd. 29.12.2012, B25)
Glad you're having fun with it Nocifer, I also recommend playing against Psyclones in official metagame, quite challenging. You can't just take your cheapest unit and try to take out the brain even if it's alone )))

Although the Sarcophaugs shield is very powerful it's not unstoppable, so the bullet is stoped only by the first half of the shield. If it passed the stopping barrier then it can make damage to troops covered by shield.

BTW Psi catalysts don't affect sarcophagus shields due to shield implementation. But you can always put two-three dreadnoughts close to each-other and get something trully unstoppable.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Psyclones (upd. 02.01.2013, B27)
Updated, mostly balance and gameplay tweaks.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 am

Post Re: [WIP] Psyclones (upd. 02.01.2013, B27)
Damn, this faction/mod is cool.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:39 am

Post Re: [WIP] Psyclones (upd. 29.12.2012, B25)
weegee wrote:
description of shield function

Ah, okay. It must have been some fluke of the game engine or something, then; one of the Coa gatling turrets was shooting at a Sarcophagus from a short distance away, and suddenly exploded. Don't think it was a grenade, but I could have misinterpreted.

Anyway, yes; my new favorite skirmish tactic is to line up a corridor of Sarcophagi leading to my brain, and see how long they can last. Initially I was a little irked that the Sarcophagi don't attack ACrabs, but I think I agree with you; adds a nice bit of balance to them.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:40 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Psyclones (upd. 05.01.2013, B28)
Updated. Added a Bomber Drone craft. Just load some bombs in this rocket and it will automatically bomb the delivery area with them. Most useful in Metagame when you have enough money and too lazy to manually hunt for the invading brain. Just load the Bomber Drone with some Seeker Bombs and watch the show. I must say that technically it's almost the same as load a Drop Crate with explosives and drop on the enemy, but at least a bit more elegant :twisted:

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: [WIP] Psyclones
Updated with a few sprites for weapons, also fixed black dots on purple glows.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Yay, Psyclones are my favourite faction.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:49 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Haha, unbelievable :grin:

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:38 am

They are pretty awesome due to if one even sees a enemy the enemy may spontaneously explode.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:08 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Updated. Now partially supports bombs in Void Wanderers, you'll need to update Psyclones faction file. Mostly released as an example on how to add bombs to Void Wanderers faction.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:09 pm

There is a strange awesomeness to these freaks. The only Catch-22 is that you can't control the Psychic Powers, which somewhat blows.

But you're right, tons of strange powers, and plus, it does make them more unique. That being said, I had a suggestion, in case you were still working on this mod. Mehman's Experimental Weaponry includes a "TKC", or Telekinetic Chip. It allows for some basic but awesome TK attacks. One is a basic "poof" which is actually pretty deadly to anything that isn't terrain it seems(when fully charged, anyway). The second is a good ol' TK Choke'a ♥♥♥♥♥, which is insanely deadly since you can pull things around with it if they weigh less than a threshold amount.(which can be increased) And by pull I mean slam into things in a awesome way. Third is a TK shield, which stops bullets while in use, holds them in the air Matrix Style, and sends them flying back(or rather where you aim them) when you release them(or the power runs out).

These powers are controlled by Hotkeys, so they are easy to use. I'd say that adding these powers to the Clones, or a new clone(/clones) would make them much more, better.

Who knows? Maybe one could even make the powers stronger like the normal Psyclone powers get.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:41 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The main reason ahy psi powers are not controllable is because Psyclones must be playable with keyboard and game pads. And there's no way to use different hot keys on game pads. And you'll probably need a manual and some other tricky hacky stuff to make everything work, so powers just help you as well as AI in the background.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:40 pm

I love the idea about making psi abilities happen in this game and I couldn't wait to get this in my CC.
But it seems that the download file is broken. :(
Does someone know the way and show me how to download this mod, please? Thank you in advance!

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Hm, weird, try to redownload, I've changed the link to current working version.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Well, I got the mod now! Thank you very much!
You made a lot of wonderful mods & scenes for this game, my hero!

Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next