View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trans-System Authority V1.44 [WIP] 

Post Re: Trans-System Authority V1.4 [WIP]
I took a quick look at this, nice work... Cant wait to see your other work!

Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Quote:
ToDo:
-Add more sounds (specifically, the hurt/death sounds for the Heavy Armor, possibly more effects too).
-Welder

Sounds: Metal Clang Sound Maybe that could help.
Welder Noise Maybe dat too.

Welder: Ask 4zK if you can use his Wrench script for the welder.

EDIT!:
Ace1214 wrote:

Accidental double postin' I see.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:26 am

Chronometer wrote:
EDIT!:
Ace1214 wrote:

Accidental double postin' I see.

yeah, i was at my aunts farm, her Internet is very slow, so i accidentally clicked the button twice, not realizing the page was loading...

Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:50 am

A great way to balance the PSC is to increase the reload speed and lower the magazine size.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:03 pm

I wasn't aiming to balance it (the PSC) at all. I suppose I could released a more balanced version, but it's like I said in the original post, if you want it to be (somewhat) balanced as is, leaving it disabled is probably a good idea. Unfortunately this makes the faction rather bland, and I'm aware of that. The balance is also in a strange state where you should expect to take on a lot more enemies with less units, so any activity where units are evenly distributed, this tech becomes very difficult to fight against (and easy to play as), and the rare activity where you do outnumber them then it's kind of easy because they're usually spread out and you can exploit that. On the other hand, fighting them IS challenging, and that's kind of why I created the tech.

Honestly, the PSC is purely for fun.. the number one reason I recommend leaving it disabled is that it's buggy around map seams, which I hope are fixed at some point in CC's future. Also the friendly fire thing doesn't help a lot. I do plan on changing the friendly fire, and I know how, but it takes many adjustments that I didn't think I would've needed when I originally created it, so essentially it has to be completely reworked. Also the fact that it one-shots most things through walls (making your armor basically the wall itself) it's kind of not balanced to begin with. So why did I even include it? Well there are some techs that eat through terrain like crazy, so if you're one of those people that likes to use mods like those I figure you'd probably want something OP (and you'd probably modify the cost of it to make it more affordable etc). If that's the case, I have a staff with a glowing crystal that shoots a giant sword which if stressed enough, breaks into 2 giant shards and a bunch of shrapnel. It usually doesn't stress and goes straight through most things. :)

I did have plans to make this tech much weaker to start out, and have to purchase armor (and weapons) upgrades.. but I have no idea how to actually do that. For example, you could drop down an Arms Lab from the craft, and for each one on the map up to 3, you get bonuses. I said somewhere else, they kind start 'Maxed' (in terms of armor and weapons)... which is why they're SO much tougher than most vanilla units.

Actually I'd prefer more feedback on balance of the other things... the PSC wasn't intended to be balanced, and I don't think I'll ever include a balanced personnel-oriented PSC. For example, I may have a crab unit toting a less powerful version of it around.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:50 am

I could still use some help with the walkcycle for the heavy armor. Because it's a bit taller than normal units it seems to need a new walk cycle but I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to be doing with the values (which is kind of sad because there's a tutorial that does an okay job of explaining it). Maybe someone familiar with creating new walk cycles could take a look at it?

For example, if you hold right on the left side of the tutorial bunker, a coalition unit is able to actually seemingly 'hoist' himself up (more specifically, on the metal block) whereas the heavy armor unit in this just kind of falls on it and his legs stop moving :\

I've tried to increase the speed of the cycle to 4 and that doesn't seem to help. I need something where the unit wont just collapse into a pile of limbs every time it trips. Even though this unit has a jetpack it would be nice if the walkcycle wasn't so clunky.

Edit:

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:33 am

Can anyone confirm that this works for Mac? And also if it works at all for that matter. (1.44)

Hm this version had small changes, I put the changes in the changelog.

To be honest I was fiddling with the shotgun's spread the last time I was tinkering with it, so this one may have too much spread - can someone provide feedback?

I was loosely basing it off this image.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Post Re: Trans-System Authority V1.44 [WIP]
nice striteing and wepons are u going to add a tsa dropcreate

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:06 pm

I had just been using the TradeStar dropcrates..

In Natural Selection lore though, units are usually kind of 3D-Printed into reality. I wanted to get that scripted but never got around to it.

Anyone who's amazing at scripting though could just ask me for the art assets and I'd be willing to get it into this mod. Things that are still missing include:

-The entire alien race (I had started spriting these but without wall climbing scripts I kind of lost interest)
-Infantry portals (Potentially linked to a unit, so that if the unit dies he respawns at these points)
-Phase gates (Teleporters that only the TSA can use)
-Arms laboratories (Upgrade weapons and armor - the idea being that for each one on the map up to 3, you get bonus armor/sharpness)
-Siege cannons (Stationary versions of the Portable Siege Cannon, that have to be constructed before use)
-Turrets (Spriting done, just never got around to implementing it)
-Turret factory (only turrets/siege cannons within a certain radius are powered, otherwise they are unpowered)
-Observatory (clear fog of war in a scanned area)
-Stim Packs (I could probably script these but never got around to it)
-Med packs
-Welder
-An ammo system and armoury (I actually had a version with these but it didn't fit into CC with the whole.. everyone else has inf ammo)

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:21 pm

awsome i hope u do well on it

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:39 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I could help you with lua scripting if you want. I personally love Natural Selection, so I'd enjoy to help you if you wish.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2