View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 [Basic Faction] Independent Military Weapons Development 

Post Re: [Basic Faction] Independent Military Weapons Development
Ok, new message.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 pm

Really epic mod, but the only downside is that you have to manually heal them

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Nice to see you have an interest in the game Shefford.
Keep making more of these. Like the entire Timosi army or something?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 pm

So this looks like a pretty cool mod, but it appears the download is broken. I'm directed to a white page with this report: {"error": "Host: rpc.dropbox.com:443, FE: None, X-Dropbox-RequestId: None, X-Dropbox-App-Error: None, Service Unavailable"}
Anyways, just lettin you know, hope it's fixed soon so I can give it a try.

EDIT: Well it looks like posting about it helps. Just gave it another try and it's fine. Now to test!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:25 pm

There's also another problem with the Lobbed Sentry thingy, which is sort of like the one addressed already.
You can keep firing after it's death if there's enough ammo, and the bullets that keep getting fired end up being hostile to all teams. Meaning while I was using it it shredded the asses of half my guys.

Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm loving this mod. I love the artstyle - which looks realistic without taking itself too seriously. Are there any other mods that don't break immersion with their artstyles?

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Not sure if this is necro or not, but I got some unmentioned bugs.

Lightfoot, (not sure if it's the same with the rifleman) will randomly insta-gib without a reason. I was deciding out of a few of them to take into a fight, and before I even choose one, a unit just exploded. No blood, wasn't shot by anyone. The arms, legs, head and torso just fell to the ground. This has happened many times. (This was in Void Wanderers if that helps)

The second bug is also in Void Wanderers. When getting a unit out of the body chamber thing, the unit will have a medkit. Placing the unit back in the chamber then removing him again causes him to have another medkit. And it can be used as a way to farm money and is generally a nuisance to keep removing them from the actors.

Sorry if this is necro or anything like that. I don't know where else I should post this.

Thanks!

-Rainbow

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Mr_Rainbow wrote:
Not sure if this is necro or not, but I got some unmentioned bugs.

Kind of, but I up and vanished for no real reason, so I won't get on your case about it.

Quote:
Lightfoot, (not sure if it's the same with the rifleman) will randomly insta-gib without a reason. I was deciding out of a few of them to take into a fight, and before I even choose one, a unit just exploded. No blood, wasn't shot by anyone. The arms, legs, head and torso just fell to the ground. This has happened many times. (This was in Void Wanderers if that helps)

There are a number of potential ways this can happen and I doubt it would be exclusively limited to lightfoots and not other IMWD actors. Bear in mind that I've never played Void Wanderers, so some of these might not apply.
1. You hit the map seam. Unless I'm out of the loop, that ought to be corrected in in build 30.
2. You hit the MOID limit. Nothing is immune to this short of the terrain, I'm afraid.
3. Your unfortunate lightfoot had a limb torn off by a moving object. As stated in the known bugs section, this can happen with just about anything, whether it's a pistol gibbing underfoot or a dropship door at superluminal velocity.

If none of these apply, I'm clueless. I've never experienced mystery deaths like that without already having a good idea of what might've happened.

Quote:
The second bug is also in Void Wanderers. When getting a unit out of the body chamber thing, the unit will have a medkit. Placing the unit back in the chamber then removing him again causes him to have another medkit. And it can be used as a way to farm money and is generally a nuisance to keep removing them from the actors.

Known bug to be fixed soon.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Ah ok.

Any new features coming to the mod later? I think a small crab unit like the Untitled drone equipped with a digger would be nice for the mod.

Anyways, thanks for the reply and maybe something like what I mentioned will be added in the future?

Thanks!

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Post 1.02 Update - Automated Murder Machines
Mr_Rainbow wrote:
Any new features coming to the mod later? I think a small crab unit like the Untitled drone equipped with a digger would be nice for the mod.

1. Yes, "later" translating to "now".

2. Well, a drone's a drone, right?

1.02 is now live!

1.02 includes the AU140D combat drone, IMWD's jumping two-legged answer to the creeping crab-like combat drones fielded by the Coalition and Dummies. Additionally, 1.02 contains the IM120L combat shotgun, a pricey, but potent close combat option for riflemen and lightfoots in need of a solution to everyone else's legs.

The AU140D went into development roughly last week. It's a mish-mash of code from just about everywhere and spritework that's a small deviation from IMWD's norm, but it's something I can feel (kind of) proud to release. It comes equipped with a high-velocity railgun (read: instant death cannon) and a roundhouse kick in a can point defense emitter that can shred anything in punching distance. You can tell the difference between the two by looking at the charged state of the drone's railgun.

Just be careful. The drone's about as smart as a sack of potatoes on its own, so you might need to lead the charge if you're pairing it with infantry. It's a fantastic tank, but it's not invincible - leave it alone and someone might even kill it by stepping on it, how daft it is.

The IM120L is just a shotgun, more or less. It can switch between shot and slugs on the fly, much like the IM810R's warhead racks, but it's not too unique.

This update also sees some balance modifications. Slight changes to the IM45R, rifleman wounds, and a big cost tweak to the Rucker Device activation are all there to help smooth out IMWD's balance issues. I still need feedback on what is and what isn't overpowered to sin, so anyone playing with IMWD is welcome to chime in. I'm comfortable with IMWD being a little stronger overall than the base factions, but not to such an extent that it's impossible to beat or impossible to lose with.

As always, bug reports are wanted more than anything. I can't guarantee I'll be able to fix anything (as I've always been more of a player at heart than a modder), but I'll definitely do what I can.

I've also thrown in a few extras I was toying with before I took my break on Cortex Command. They're nothing major, but someone might enjoy them.

Before anyone says anything; yes, I know it's been a year. Yes, I know this isn't a year's worth of content. Yes, I plain forgot Cortex Command existed. Yes, I'm sorry. No, I don't have any spare change. I hope whoever's still playing, however, enjoys what I've gotten done.

Last edited by Insano-Man on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:34 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: 1.02 Update - Automated Murder Machines
Insano-Man wrote:
Mr_Rainbow wrote:

1. Yes, "later" translating to "now".

2. Well, a drone's a drone, right?

Wow.

Even though it's kind of a small update, it's still great.

What caused you to suddenly make a drone btw?

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:39 am

Mr_Rainbow wrote:
What caused you to suddenly make a drone btw?

I got bored.

Here's to hoping the update's as enjoyable as it looks on the tin.

One last, tiny thing I wanted to mention:
While the drone's antennae and top-mounted optics seem quite firmly attached to the drone, they're actually non-solid to terrain and incoming fire. This was a conscious choice to streamline the physical profile of the drone so that it could better navigate bunkers and fly up chasms. It also keeps the antennae from taking wounds and looking weird.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:50 am
Profile YIM WWW

The only thing I don't like about the drone is the legs. They don't really work well with the body. The body looks more like it should be hovering than walking to me.

And this may be a bug; sometimes when you shoot the railgun, it passes through the npc without damage. I don't know why it would though.

Still a great update. Loving the shotty. Though it drops pretty fast its still fun.

Keep up the good work sir.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 am

Before i joined this...... This was my favorite tech before SAW

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:06 am

I've finally started playing Void Wanderers myself and, wouldn't you know it, the medkit duplication bug is cranked up to 11. I've implemented a partial fix into 1.02 - not going to 1.03 considering how tiny this update is, so redownload it if you need this - but I don't doubt that there are still potential medkit exploits present. For the most part, however, I think I've stopped the duplication.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next