View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cortex Command Zombie Survival [Mod Pack] 

Cortex Command Zombie Survival [Mod Pack]

*This mod pack is compatible only with 1.0.

Cortex Command Zombie Survival is a mod pack that enhances Braindead by making it more
of a challenge.

How does it do this?

[1] Vanilla weapons swapped with Shadow Echelon weapons. - This means that you have to scavenge for ammo as well as better weaponary. Due to this, camping inside a building all day picking of zombies will not be a good idea.

[2] Adds a zombie robot from the They Hunger mod. - This is to make the Braindead mode a bit more interesting in certain scenarios, as you will have to find some sort of way to actually get rid of these deadly mechanical machines before its too late.

[3] Main menu and intro has been retextured. - This is to suit the zombie like theme.

[4] As well as other extra changes and implementations.

Screenshots

Gameplay

How to install and start playing

Download Cortex Command Zombie Survival

*Please read the instructions if you have not already done so.

Credits

If you lot think i made all of these mods, i did not. This is a mod pack and all i have really done is put all
of these awesome mods together to make an interesting version of Braindead. So in no particular order, i give full credits to the
creators of these mods:

They Hunger - findude

Braindead - !CTLV128

UniTec - Gotcha! and everyone else who helped to make it.

Smarter AI - BlackAlpha

Map Pack 3 - Gotcha! and everyone else who helped to make it.

Shadow Echelon - Azukki and everyone else who helped to make it.

Thanks for reading, and i hope you enjoy the mod pack. x)

(If people dislike the mod pack so much, i will have no problem with taking it down.)

Last edited by Chaos on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Cortex Command Zombie Survival [Mod Pack]
Could you put all of those other mods into your mod's folder - with their permission? It seems kind of a pain to have to add all of those alongside your own...

Otherwise, seems pretty cool.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Malamo999 wrote:
Could you put all of those other mods into your mod's folder - with their permission? It seems kind of a pain to have to add all of those alongside your own...

Otherwise, seems pretty cool.

Hmm, i'll see if i can do that.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

I was meaning to say this when you first posted it on YT but, there seems to be a problem with the AI in 1.05. The errors don't tell me which mod is causing the errors. I can only play this with 1.0. :/

EDIT: I was referring to the zombie mods on the first post. Also, Unitech also has extreme AI errors which cause them to stay idle when not under players control. They can not do anything independent of the player's control. Do put a disclaimer that most of this mod only works with 1.0 unless those mods are updated properly to work with 1.05.

EDIT2: "Scavange"?

Last edited by Someone64 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Do the zombies really need to have ranged weapons? ._.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Someone64 wrote:
I was meaning to say this when you first posted it on YT but, there seems to be a problem with the AI in 1.05. The errors don't tell me which mod is causing the errors. I can only play this with 1.0. :/

EDIT: I was referring to the zombie mods on the first post. Also, Unitech also has extreme AI errors which cause them to stay idle when not under players control. They can not do anything independent of the player's control. Do put a disclaimer that most of this mod only works with 1.0 unless those mods are updated properly to work with 1.05.

Ok, i'll add a disclaimer now to note people of its current compatibility. Also in terms of scavange, i meant it in the terms of scavanging the dead zombies for perhaps a better weapon, or and ammo for your weapons. Never mind, just me being stupid and not realising what you meant. x3

Notsoscary wrote:
Do the zombies really need to have ranged weapons? ._.

Theres not much i can do about that. The reason as to why they have weapons is because giving them some sort of melee weapon would render them very easy to kill and unable to fight back properly. Something you can probably see for yourself when the zombie is holding a spade for example. Perhaps if i was any good with making mods, i would do something about this, but at last i am not. x/

Last edited by Chaos on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 am
Profile WWW

Chaos wrote:
Someone64 wrote:

Ok, i'll add a disclaimer now to note people of its current compatibility. Also in terms of scavange, i meant it in the terms of scavanging the dead zombies for perhaps a better weapon, or and ammo for your weapons.

What he's saying is that you spelt scavenge wrong.

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:26 pm

killkill85 wrote:
Chaos wrote:
Someone64 wrote:

Ok, i'll add a disclaimer now to note people of its current compatibility. Also in terms of scavange, i meant it in the terms of scavanging the dead zombies for perhaps a better weapon, or and ammo for your weapons.

What he's saying is that you spelt scavenge wrong.

Whoops. x/ Thanks for pointing that out. x)

Edit: Corrected all Scavenge words.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

Does it Have to cahnge the main menu Chaos?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:54 am

Farrem wrote:
Does it Have to cahnge the main menu Chaos?

Nope. If you don't want it to change the menu, then just simply don't overwrite the Base.rte file with the one given to you in the mod.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 am
Profile WWW

Zombies can shoot?!?

Hhmmmmmmmmm

Perhaps you could try to increase the excitement by giving zombies certain specialties, but not by giving them guns and taking the fun away of hitting "zombies."

The aforementioned "specialties" may include some things like ..... ugh gee I dunno,
-zombees (get it?! zombie bee swarms!!) (perhaps modify the nanoswarm of techion, but they should be able to get shot down by guns or flamethrowers),
-exploding fat zombies (coz obviously),
-acid spitting zombies (perhaps modify concrete sprayer but with short durations and some damage),
-high jumping zombies,
-a dark "hunter" (inspired by hunter from Left4Dead),
-zombie slime/blob humanoid (aka liquid zombies) (guns do not harm them, only explosives and fire can kill 'em)
-trolling trap zombies (lies there like a normal corpse, its health bar is hidden so is nearly unnoticeable, then when the player comes near it jumps and scratches/bites)
-rage zombies (zombies that speed up and strengthens the more damage it takes until its health depletes)
-hormone zombies (zombies that emits a strong regenerative hormone into the air hence healing nearby zombies and/but (so I really dont know if it should heal itself or not as I can't weigh the balances in this one) itself)
-boners (LOL) (zombies that mutated a strong exoskeletal bone suit (perhaps just modify the skeleton actor for this one) that can minimize bullet damage, but more vulnerable to explosives (so you can kill it anyhow))
-freakin fat omg huge zombies (aka FFOHZ, coincidentally sounding like a zombie's roar) (zombies that can take tons of damage, and will not die unless its health depletes, which its health constantly decreases in a timer-like rate even when it is not taking damage, hence the prime defense strategy against this type of zombie is to fly and run, adding a little "escape fun")
-climbers (to counter and discourage players who wall up on a ... wall, and neva comes down) (should not be too strong)

i really liked your idea of putting the They Hunger zombie bots (which are super interesting and challenging) and also the limited ammos (very realistic)
Other touches to increase the realistic atmosphere can be: the fog of war (wait, is it used?); and (though I mentioned this) no more gun zombies. give them melee weapons, but not of anything that needs intelligence (which rules out guns, grenades- maybe they can throw bricks? give them cleavers? u decide, my man)

but all in all, all is well - imma gonna download this as soon as the gun zombies go away
sharing some ideas.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:42 pm

RcherD wrote:
but all in all, all is well - imma gonna download this as soon as the gun zombies go away
sharing some ideas.

Well, first of all, its generally a mod pack, and you CAN change what weapons the Zombies use. Just go to the Braindead file, then take activities, take the one with out the copy (if i am right) and search for the weapons part. You can change if they should get a shotgun, a nuke or just the useless shovel for fighting. And Chaos is normally not a modder (no offense, dear YouTuber).

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:06 pm

Notsoscary wrote:
RcherD wrote:
sharing some ideas.

Well, first of all, its generally a mod pack, and you CAN change what weapons the Zombies use. Just go to the Braindead file, then take activities, take the one with out the copy (if i am right) and search for the weapons part. You can change if they should get a shotgun, a nuke or just the useless shovel for fighting. And Chaos is normally not a modder (no offense, dear YouTuber).

No offense taken. x)

But yeah, in terms of implementing those features, I can not do them since I'm not a modder with the skills to do that kind of stuff. Well actually, I wouldn't really call myself a modder in the first place, as putting this modpack together did not really require me to do any actual coding. Just drawing a bunch of pictures and swapping pieces of code around etc. x3

Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 am
Profile WWW

Can you make it so you can choose your own actor before you spawn?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 pm

hey bro, just make automatic weapons with reduce range, or copy the shovel and make it automatic with the weapon offsets for the hands set stretch out, and you can even add lua to it.

thats it for the zombie attack.

then i'd just make your own material for Zombie Flesh to reduce bullet penetration or something.

you could even make the zombies bleed acid or something...... thats all found in Materials and the wounds ini's, etc.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next