View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Hob Kingdom Delta version for CC1.05 

Post Re: Hob Kingdom Beta version for CC1.05
That would be too overpowered.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:36 am

FatZombie wrote:
That would be too overpowered.

actually it wouldn't be that overpowerd.

My master plan is that I'm gonna tone down the hobs firepower by alot. They will do very little damage as individuals but its there numbers that will do the damage. I'm not saying i'm gonna have 20 hobs on screen, what I'm trying to say is that if you got around 10 hobs it will be a constant number thanks to the Skull throne and for balance you can only have 1 of those at a time.(if you try to put another the other one will be destroyed.)

Now the problem with my master plan is the fact that how in the hell am I gonna get this Hob Gun Rider boss to patrol the sky's, seeking and destroying its enemy's? I guess I could code it using Impulses to move it above the actors position with only the X vector and the Y vector could be a constant distance from the ground.

Now what will the celadwen riders do?........ I guess I could make them do the same thing with impulses and the vectors so they'd be above the enemy position and fire down on them or I could make them ram the enemy. Better yet I will do both.

Now I know most of you are gonna try and take this thing down by hitting it with a drop ship. So I decided that I'm gonna make it have a shield to keep out enemy aircraft.

Its a boss people, so its suppose to be hard to kill. Plus you can stop it from spawning by destroying the Skull Throne.

I do admit, It will be OP but Its not really men't for the player. Its men't to boost the Meta Campaign's Hardness.

Admit it, how many times have you lost against the computer? the only way the computer wins is if you let them build and get money.

How many times has the computer taken one of your bases in meta mode? If your like me, I causally just fly a drop ship and hit them with it or the troops that I got on the field from previous battles kill the brain as soon as it lands.

I'm gonna create all further factions with this in mind(planing 3 more SC2/WH40k themed mods. A complete Organic faction like the ZERG/NIDS, a Human military faction like the TERRAN/Imperial Guard/Space Marines and a Alien tech faction like the Eldar/Tau/Ork/Protoss)
Each faction is going to be played entirely different from the other. Like say the Zerg/Nids need to evolve, everything starts with there brain producing the larva and so on from there.

Recruiting for this Project if you know how to Sprite, do ini code or lua code. If your wondering it, I have all 3 knowledge fields: sprites, ini and lua (S.I.L)

PM me.

Regardless if I have the people or not, I'm still gonna create these mods. :)

Wow this is a big post!!! :shock:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 am

Maybe the boss will be sort of Dropship like. It will keep going left until destroyed by an enemy. It could have enough power to resist being controlled by your brain, but it sacrifices firepower to do so.
EDIT: Starcraft? Hell yes, man.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:11 am

FatZombie wrote:
Maybe the boss will be sort of Dropship like. It will keep going left until destroyed by an enemy. It could have enough power to resist being controlled by your brain, but it sacrifices firepower to do so.
EDIT: Starcraft? Hell yes, man.

If it only when't left it could go out of bounds in a none wrapped map or it could hit a building/mountain.

It won't be SC directly but It will be highly themed around it.

(SC2 ladder team 2 position right now is a Bronze league "#6". Bronze league is like gold or silver from back in the day when SC2 first came out. It keeps getting harder)

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 am

If you just add Jim Raynor as a Terran captain i'll be pleased. He shouldn't be in his Vulture.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 am

FatZombie wrote:
If you just add Jim Raynor as a Terran captain i'll be pleased. He shouldn't be in his Vulture.

I'll name a hero unit called Jimmy. For a direct indirect reference. :grin:

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 am

Also add Goliath as a Mecha unit :3
Oh btw can you send me the sprites of the Hob Goblins and their crafts and their weps?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 am

Could you reduce the reload time on the musket pistol? The annoying wait between every two shots is the only reason I don't use the musket pistol outside of the firing range.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:26 am

Sir, that's how muskets/musket pistols work. Hella long reload time.
It's really your fault for using it.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:23 pm

:wink: Yep Hellevator is correct.

For there 10 gold price you could buy 3 pistols and switch between or discard one as you go.

The Celadwen Rider is coming along pretty nicely here's a sneak peek:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:01 pm

What if... There was some sort of large grey ogre-like creature that had claws and shoulder-mounted machine guns?
It would be the heavy juggernaut infantry of the Hobs.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:06 am

Grimmcrypt wrote:

Edit........ Izak12. What is the Actor Idea you had?

I call it a Tech Reaper, concept needs work.

basically I vision it as the most technologically advanced unit in your faction (or one of) and it hides this fact with its blood stained cloak, and chops up and destroys ♥♥♥♥ with its claws.
Story Description: Your Hobs take any tech thats advanced and these guys scavenge for parts by chopping everything into scrap metal.

Did I mention it lives off blood? (the feeding tubes)

Attachments:
rp1.bmp [21.02 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 am

. :skull: .

Hellevator wrote:
What if... There was some sort of large grey ogre-like creature that had claws and shoulder-mounted machine guns?
It would be the heavy juggernaut infantry of the Hobs.

Trust me mate, there is one in the making already. I'm replacing the Trollyte with something much bulkier and I also want a LOTR troll style creature in my mod.
It will be big, angry and grey. Imagine the LOTR's troll with Gatling guns and rocket launchers on it's back. I guess it will look like the Brumack from gears of war.

Quote:
I call it a Tech Reaper, concept needs work.

basically I vision it as the most technologically advanced unit in your faction (or one of) and it hides this fact with its blood stained cloak, and chops up and destroys ♥♥♥♥ with its claws.
Story Description: Your Hobs take any tech thats advanced and these guys scavenge for parts by chopping everything into scrap metal.

Did I mention it lives off blood? (the feeding tubes)

I could make these like the Green clan Tech Legate(high Ranked Hob) of the hobs. There name would stay Tech Reaper, Legate is just a title of rank.

Basicly I never explained my faction to well.

Heres how it works. There are 4 clans:

Blue Clan: Worker and warrior type of hob. There the normal hobs.

Red Clan: Gifted hobs, As soon as there born the rank of Centurion are placed upon them. They involve hobs who are able to "speak" to animals of a lower level of sentience and or "speak" to hobs via the mind. For this reason these Hobs are placed into leadership positions. There are Hobs who can cast "spells" in a sort. I could put it scientifically but naa..... not right now.

Green Clan: Tech hobs. These are hobs who are obsessed with tech. Most of them go to the length of amputating them self's to replace there parts with mechanical pieces. These hobs are considered Medics since it is a common practice to "repair" hobs with mechanical pieces, however when a hob is completely destroyed and if there brain's are in tack are given an entirely new biological body. The hobs figure "why train new hobs when you can keep the old one's". Some hobs have been reported to be over 1,000 years old by using this method.

and last but not least there the most feared of all hobs.

The Black Hobs:

They are the Prime Leaders of the Hob faction and also have Royal soldiers.

The Red Clan Dragon Rider:(future hero Unit) He is the only hob who has been able to tame a Dragon from the Lazerus sector( Red clan hobs take pride in what they can ride), For this feat he is the leader of the Red Clan.

The Green Clan Tech Lord: He is the most tech obsessed of all hobs.

The Blue clan does not have a leader as the Red clan hobs are in there usual position of leader ship's, however there are some exceptions to this as there are a couple of notable Blue clan hobs who are considered War Chiefs for there experience in battle but there are not part of the Black hob circle.

And the Greatest of all hobs, Dr. Hobmans first creation, The Hob Queen. There are very few female hobs as hobs are more like ants where there are drones serving a single female ant. Most of the older hobs were spawned from the Hob queen. The Queen her self was cloned to produce more hobs and that is how other female hobs are made as female hobs cannot be naturally produced.

Well I have a habit of making big post.

Edit... fixed the words I think.
. :skull: .

Last edited by Grimmcrypt on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Please try to correct the spelling. Sometimes makes your posts hard to understand. And i would prefer if the Tech Reaper didn't repair Hobs with mechanical parts, just make the Tech Reaper with a healing beam that only it can use.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:01 am

FatZombie wrote:
Please try to correct the spelling. Sometimes makes your posts hard to understand. And i would prefer if the Tech Reaper didn't repair Hobs with mechanical parts, just make the Tech Reaper with a healing beam that only it can use.

Sorry, its just that I really don't get to practice writing English much. In Puerto Rico we speak Spanish and take some English classes. The English I do know is from speaking it all the time at home.

And about the Tech Reaper. No he will not serve as a medic. What I meant is that he is a Green Clan Officer in the sorts. All the amputating go's on after the battlefield when the body's are recovered. Its kinda like a recycling cycle. If products are good, reuse them. If there not, Dump them I make fresh ones.

Hes also going to be one of my first melee prototype units. I've been trying to perfect the melee formula. Dudes light-sabers are super great but I need to make things that don't deflect with the "force". I was thinking more like Mount and blade-ishhhh where if you look up and swing you'll do a high attack and if the enemy has a shield and blocks it then its blocked. I've been brain storming to find the perfect formula, one that the AI can use but I've been failing so far. Maybe arm less actors might work as they tend to jump the enemy.

If anyone has any idea's for melee please do tell. :)

Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next