View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Hob Kingdom Delta version for CC1.05 

Hob Kingdom Delta version for CC1.05
. :skull: .

The following Document you are about to view is a top secret Coalition Military Forces (CMF)
profile on the Hob Kingdom troops and weaponry, do not share, mention nor dispute this with anyone in or out of this building.
If you have any questions ask them now or never.
Is that understood soldier.

Well now that the Fluff is over on to the info.
This version is a Delta version so Id like feedback on things like balance, metagame bugs (campaign mode) etc...etc.....

Change log Delta

changelog Beta

The DOWNLOAD, have Fun.
http://adf.ly/UPnb3

If your wondering on how to install. Extract the zip to the Cortex Command main Directory. If you did it wright My HOBS.rte folder should be next to the Base.rte folder, Coalition.rte folder, Ronin.rte folder, Broawncoat.rte folder etc....etc..........
If you did it wright your a genius and Little cats love you ALOT :grin: but if you did it wrong there's a big Cougar outside your window waiting to get you. :twisted:
Just kidding. If you need help, ask. "Remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask". Said some wise dude whose name I don't know.

CREDITS

-Djinn................... For his awesome trudger and Celadween.
-The Chairman... For the Gib into something after a set amount of time lua script.
-The Game Itself, its creator and staff...For existing
-Huge Thank you to Mehman.................For teaching me Lua and play testing.

Ohh and feel free to post weapon ideas that you think are needed in this mod.
This is a peoples mod. Power to the people!

Last edited by Grimmcrypt on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 am

Post Re: Hob Kingdom Alpha release
Fix your images but ill see how the mod is and give a bit of feedback but i do note the sprites arn't so bad could use a bit of work tho.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:43 pm

cheezy01 wrote:
Fix your images but ill see how the mod is and give a bit of feedback but i do note the sprites arn't so bad could use a bit of work tho.

That's funny, the images look fine on my side?

is he the only one or are there others?

please do tell, all the images are importent. There the fluff.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 pm

No problem with the images here.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:28 pm

Mehman wrote:
No problem with the images here.

Can all computer types see jpegs?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:30 pm

No idea, maybe use .png instead. That's what I usually do and I've never had anyone telling me they couldn't see my images.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Mehman wrote:
No idea, maybe use .png instead, that's what I usually do and I've never had anyone telling me they couldn't see my images.

I'm gonna go make my images into .png's now. thanks for telling me Mehman the lua god.

Edit..... There in .png format now. Is there still anyone having problems? I hope not

edit..... also when ever I go to Minus.com I can't stop looking at all the pretty pictures. Uhhhhh Ahhhhhhhh :D

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:45 pm

I found one of your actors walking kinda screwy mainly the rider all he would do is get stuck and most of the time i would have to jiggle him out for a good min sprites could use a bit of work and maybe some new weapons but so far so good. :grin:

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:18 pm

cheezy01 wrote:
I found one of your actors walking kinda screwy mainly the rider all he would do is get stuck and most of the time i would have to jiggle him out for a good min sprites could use a bit of work and maybe some new weapons but so far so good. :grin:

Which rider. The Trudger or the crawler. I'm guessing it's the crawler.

I guess I was kinda rushing the sprite work for the release but could you be a little more specific on which sprites or is it the style of the mod in general that need's work?

sprites that I know need fixing are:

Trudger rider- the belt mainly around it's waist

Trollyte - his leg's

and maybe everything is to dark.

Yes I'm going to create more weapons but I just wanted the public of CC to recommend what they needed in the mod.

Since the mod is for the people, may the people have the power.

edit...... can you see the images now?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm

The Trudger Rider can live without it's head, allowing it to still fire off guns and control the Trudger. I understand that the Trudger itself has the main head, but if there is some way to allow it to have two main heads, that would be preferable to a headless rider.

There are quite a few typos throughout the descriptions, weapon names, and actors, but it isn't too serious.

The Blue Clan Veteran and the Blue Clan Legionnaire don't seem to have any difference between them besides for something yellow on the Legionnaire's helmet. I suggest changing up the Legionnaire with some new spritework to make it easier to identify on the battlefield.

The Hob Warthog shouldn't have a jetpack, at least in my opinion. It's main weapon is very powerful, and combined with the cost and the jetpack, it is a force to be reckoned with, despite it's apparent use as the cheap underling. I suggest either nerfing the gun or taking away the jetpack, and replacing it with a small hop.

Other than these things, the mod is well made. The dropship is well sprited, and the Trudger Rider is a unique concept that plays very well.

EDIT:

I've been fighting against them on the Metagame. They are quite difficult to fight compared to most armies, due to their low cost, and those darn Muskets.

You might also want to sprite some custom gibs for the dropship. Right now it's using the regular dropship gibs.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Harzipan wrote:
The Trudger Rider can live without it's head, allowing it to still fire off guns and control the Trudger. I understand that the Trudger itself has the main head, but if there is some way to allow it to have two main heads, that would be preferable to a headless rider.

There are quite a few typos throughout the descriptions, weapon names, and actors, but it isn't too serious.

The Blue Clan Veteran and the Blue Clan Legionnaire don't seem to have any difference between them besides for something yellow on the Legionnaire's helmet. I suggest changing up the Legionnaire with some new spritework to make it easier to identify on the battlefield.

The Hob Warthog shouldn't have a jetpack, at least in my opinion. It's main weapon is very powerful, and combined with the cost and the jetpack, it is a force to be reckoned with, despite it's apparent use as the cheap underling. I suggest either nerfing the gun or taking away the jetpack, and replacing it with a small hop.

Other than these things, the mod is well made. The dropship is well sprited, and the Trudger Rider is a unique concept that plays very well.

EDIT:

I've been fighting against them on the Metagame. They are quite difficult to fight compared to most armies, due to their low cost, and those darn Muskets.

You might also want to sprite some custom gibs for the dropship. Right now it's using the regular dropship gibs.

1. yep i guess I should have made the Head part of the body. They both have the InstaKill break wound but the head doesn't effect the actor because it is a attachment to the body instead of the actor. ill fix that by making the head and the body one sprite.

2. Yea I'm still doing the descriptions.

3. Actually the Legionnaire has a armored arm's but I guess the color's aren't to clear. I'll give him custom Leg sprites and that should fix it.

4. Yes but there easily eliminated and can back-stab the enemy or you If there to close to troops.

5. Thanx

6. There suppose to feel kinda overwhelming and I find them rather inaccurate with the musket's considering there slow reload time.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Images work fine and sorry for my vague response but yes it was the crawler and the mod file needs to be fixed due to weird naming problems but the sprites themselves are unique and have there own taste to them but nothing a little time and efforct can't fix to make them look a bit cleaner :3

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:50 am

cheezy01 wrote:
Images work fine and sorry for my vague response but yes it was the crawler and the mod file needs to be fixed due to weird naming problems but the sprites themselves are unique and have there own taste to them but nothing a little time and effort can't fix to make them look a bit cleaner :3

I think the crawler has that problem because I moved there leg offsets slightly but I'll fix the walkpath's with the next release. Weird naming problems????? :?whats wrong with HOBS.rte.

Yes with the next release I'll tighty up the sprites.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:26 am

I think you made the Jetpacks a little bit too powerful, i flew with a normal hob up in some seconds, less than 5.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:06 pm

Notsoscary wrote:
I think you made the Jetpacks a little bit too powerful, i flew with a normal hob up in some seconds, less than 5.

Who said Hob Pigs can't fly? LoL

There pretty vanilla'ish. Its that the hobs actually weight less then your average actor considering there so small I figured they should have that small advantage. Although history has shown that air advantage is pretty important.

I made another scale shot for the fun of it.

If the Coa are like 6 feet they should be like 4. If there 4 feet tall that should be 65% the weight of a Coa guy. MORE JETPACK BOOST DUUUUDE

But if you really think there powerful Ill bring it down a Notch or 2.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next