View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Miscellaneous Scripts 

Miscellaneous Scripts
NOTE: I'm aware that most 'experienced' Data Realms community members are able to create and implement these scripts into Cortex Command on their own. These are simply for new players/newbies who don't know how, want to take the easy way out, or have been told how to but are afraid to screw up. Besides, I was wondering why nobody had done this yet anyways.

This 'mod' speaks for itself. It's miscellaneous scripts I've collected (giving credit where credit is due and asking for permission when required) and have been given, and put into zip files into this thread for convenient installing.

Friendly Fire

Does what the title says. Brings back the fun of Friendly Fire, and the accidental trampling over friendly units.

Omegadrace coded this.

I will add more to this topic as time passes, I make some of my own, or someone posts a script in this topic to add. (seriously, do it if you want)

CREDIT GIVEN WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

Attachments:
File comment: Friendly Fire script.
FriendlyFire.zip [1 KiB]
Downloaded 797 times

Last edited by portalcrazy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 am

Post Re: Miscellaneous Scripts
This is definitely a useful find, it helped me play around with guns from other mods without having to modify tutorial mission or actually having a live action test. (Where the enemy destroys my weapon before I can fire it)
(Never before realized how squishy some of the units are)
Not to mention I'm a new person to the game and forums.

I also think this is in the wrong section of the forum, considering the topic is labeled misc scripts.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 am

Well, the topic in the future is meant to contain scripts which modify or add to Cortex Command, and since Smarter AI counts, or counted, as a mod, I assumed this would be the right place to put it. Even then, most newbies look in the mod releases instead of anywhere else on the forum if they want mods. That is, unless, they have a lot of time to search. But thanks for the feedback.

Edit: The reason I titled it 'scripts' was because it's not really a new tech, new weapons, or anything. Just LUA files modifying and/or adding to Cortex Command like I stated earlier.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 am

viewtopic.php?p=519595#p519595
Of course, someone else came up with the actual coding. I just thought to put it into the HumanAI rather than enter it into the console for every new unit.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:50 am
Profile WWW

This is why I made this topic and put it here. Besides, it's not the only script I plan to put here. Along with that, newbs will find installing my file easier because they might not know how to do it theirself, or they just don't want to browse that far. And thanks for telling me you did it, it helps me with the credit part.

Edit: I wish you wouldn't say "Of course someone else came up with the actual coding". You could have said it in a less offensive way, but I guess that's what I get for this being my first actual topic.

Another edit: The fact you said "of course someone else came up with the actual coding" while you yourself was the one who posted it, no offense, and in my opinion, makes you sound like you have an ego which is unusually big. If you want me to remove it, I will. But I still appreciate if you could have been more straightforward and less offensive with your statements.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:05 am

I have no idea how you saw that post as nasty and egotistical. Might be because I'm not using smileys again. :(

And no don't remove it. I understand that not everyone feels comfortable tampering with the base files, and might appreciate your contribution.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:17 am
Profile WWW

Alright, I'm sorry for the quick and wrong judgement. I just saw it as "my ♥♥♥♥ god of course someone else did this he culdn't do this on his own", but that might be because I'm used to that at the world of Garry's Mod. So yeah, thanks.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:33 am

THANKS FOR THIIIISSSSSSS!!! [deletes b26 folder]

portalcrazy wrote:
Alright, I'm sorry for the quick and wrong judgement. I just saw it as "my ♥♥♥♥ god of course someone else did this he culdn't do this on his own", but that might be because I'm used to that at the world of Garry's Mod. So yeah, thanks.

bro i wouldnt take it personal, lua is horrible

seriously

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:52 am

So personally I started playing CC more often AFTER FF was taken out.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]