View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Magic Potions And Other Alchemical Stuff (by Blump) 

Magic Potions And Other Alchemical Stuff (by Blump)
Magic Potions And Other Alchemical Stuff

Author: Blump

This mod adds some magic potions.
(I'm Russian, so you can see some grammatical errors.)

Health Potion - this potion gets your actor 25 HP. If you break the bottle - the splashes of healing liquid will heal actors in a small distance.

Big Health Potion - like the Health Potion, but you can use it 3 times and there is more solid bottle.

Regeneration Potion - this potion creates on actor a small healing aura. Not so long time of healing effect. Regenerates only health.

Extinguishing Potion - this potion creates on actor a fire extinguishing aura. Browncoat fire guns are really weak when your actor drinks this potion.

Beacon Potion - this potion allows you to use your actor like a radar. More usefull, when there is fog on the map. Glowing particles shows the enemy location. Annoying sound extradites the living enemy. If the enemy is far from you the glow on enemy actor is less brighter and sound is less annoying (but monotonous) else the glow on enemy actor is more brighter and sound is more intensive.

Anti Magic Potion - this potion uses for deleting magic auras with pretty diamond glow.

Some screenshots

Attachments:
File comment: Download
Potions.rar [80.03 KiB]
Downloaded 882 times

Last edited by Blump on Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Magic Potions And Other Alchemical Stuff (by Blump)
Just tried this mod out and thought I'd share my thoughts with you all: I like this mod, it's a different take on tools which can be utilized effectively in battle, and I look foreward to the release of different potions.
First off, the health potion (30 oz) does what it says it does, and heals 25 health (5 more than the average medkit); if your actor's wounds are too great however, 25 health will quickly bleed away once more. The big health potion (75 oz) does much the same, only 3 times in a row. I might also add that for both these health potions, you will not be able to use them by accident when an actor is at full health; so that you won't accidentally waste them when you're frantically groping for your pistol.

The regeneration potion (80 oz) acts for a considerably long time (minute and 15 seconds), and regenerates 8-10 health every few seconds.

The fire extinguishing potion (70 oz) puts out any napalm flames in your general vicinity (2 metal blocks in either direction) with a puff of smoke. Lasts over 2 minutes.

The anti-magic potion (30 oz) cancels any magic potion that effects you and other close to you. The the only situation that I found this useful, is that an enemy picks up your fallen soldier's regeneration potion.

Finally, there is the beacon potion (200 oz), it supposedly allows you to hear the enemy from within the fog, but because I do not play with sound I cannot provide feedback for it.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:36 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Magic Potions And Other Alchemical Stuff (by Blump)
The normal beeping is monotonous, the only thing that I can classify it as is a sort of active sonar.
The Aura Pulses as it does normally, projecting glows in the direction of vaguely near enemy entities [ACrab and AHuman] from the User's Body Mo, with a Beep.

If an enemy is close enough, sortly after a pulse- and subsequent beep, said enemy also beeps, and produces a glow.
[I like this effect, and it is in fact the basis of passive sonar.]

As for other things, my general comments are that I am willing to help you with grammar [Item Descriptions, Post Descriptions] , and that it seemed to me that the regen potion has a very very weak effect on healing allies. In Zombie Cave an injured, non-bleeding Brainbot gained about 8 health by standing near a soldier that was being healed by a regen potion, for about a minute.
This mod makes me especially happy because I would like to make a few suggestions of things I've thought of in the past year or two... the only problem would be how to balance these ideas.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]