View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Sergal Faction 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Sergal Faction
I think... Onine Tech [mod probably on the second page by now], and Citadel [mission by weegee] have a sript that replaces thrown TDE's after a while, you could reasonably find a way to fix the issue of having to buy spears in bulk.

Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

Yuzazi wrote:
Sparkle Magic script

Thanks for that script, but I've been trying to have it break the instant it hits an opponent (causing severe damage or possibly OHK), all the while flinging out gibs to make it look like it didn't break at all (smiliar to what I have now). The issue is that without lua, even with lowering the integrity and impulse limit and all that jazz, they have the annoying habit of bouncing around and sliding off actors.
But hey. If you want to be snarky then go ahead. I'll just not bother anymore.

And thank you Foa. Unfortunately I'll have to see the javelin in a proper state before integrating that. That and the guy hasn't been on in two months.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:21 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Weegee's on, still, and that person made Citadel.

Anyways, you can ask Azukki about his Experimental Sniper Rifle, which has HEAP Rounds, they explode before contact.

Sat May 04, 2013 2:47 am

omegadrace wrote:
But hey. If you want to be snarky then go ahead. I'll just not bother anymore.

I'm being snarky? I'm sorry. I didn't know I was acting as such, pardon me. I'm sorry you can't get it to work. Perhaps you could do what Foa mentioned and mix the javelin with the TDExplosive script and whatnot?

Mon May 06, 2013 12:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Foa wrote:
Anyways, you can ask Azukki about his Experimental Sniper Rifle, which has HEAP Rounds, they explode before contact

It does this by firing a short range caststregthray, I think he's alright with pulling those lines, if you credit/ask.

[I may be reviving some of his older mods]

Mon May 06, 2013 2:03 am

Yuzazi wrote:
I'm being snarky? I'm sorry. I didn't know I was acting as such, pardon me. I'm sorry you can't get it to work. Perhaps you could do what Foa mentioned and mix the javelin with the TDExplosive script and whatnot?

Maybe you weren't, in which case I apologise. It's hard to tell over the internet. That, and a constant run of bad luck is stifling my sexy mood.

Foa wrote:
Foa wrote:
Anyways, you can ask Azukki about his Experimental Sniper Rifle, which has HEAP Rounds, they explode before contact

It does this by firing a short range caststregthray, I think he's alright with pulling those lines, if you credit/ask.

[I may be reviving some of his older mods]

I'll look into this. And when I said he hasn't been online in two months, I meant that guy who made the wild west mod. :p

Tue May 07, 2013 7:02 am
Profile WWW

Alright after several sleepless nights and a push or two, I finally decided to get back into doing this again, Here's a new update (1.2) featuring four new weapons and some rebalancing. Changelog and download in first post. And I've officially stopped doing the Javelin. Sorry all, maybe I'll return to it at some point in future.

Some feedback on the changes please. :)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 pm
Profile WWW

Whilst the Handcannon is very powerful, it doesn't feel that way, nor look that way. It just feels like a regular handgun with incredibly powerful bullets, and looks like a pistol with an added silencer. I would recommend putting a new muzzle flash on it, changing the projectile type to something more... weighty, or adding recoil.

The MRLauncher is very overpowered. Each rocket does enough damage to take out a single enemy unit, and when coupled with it's relatively short reload, makes it slightly unfair for the opposition.

I like the added pushback effect on the Auto Cannon.

Do you intend on adding any sort of faction/lore-friendly dropcraft? I dislike sending all of these low-tech soldiers into battle with rockets and dropships.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:12 am

I'm rebalancing and adding new sounds as I post.

For the transports, I am working on a low grade rocket and craft (though the sprites are taking longer than I'd like). Also, the trap was definitely not supposed to be included yet. Sorry about that!

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 am
Profile WWW

And the update is done (1.3), first post updated accordingly. Hopefully I haven't broken anything.
Also, I've re-uploaded 1.2 in case anyone wanted to see the balance beforehand.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:11 am
Profile WWW

Sweet, looking forward to trying this new content. I'll edit my comments on to this post when I get around to testing it all.

Comments: The new pistol is very effective, almost too effective. The new auto rifle Is ok but I feel like it could be cheaper or slightly more effective in some way. In it's current state I only really see it being practical in mid ranged if you get the jump on your enemy, or in group combat perhaps. The mini rocket launcher wasn't that effective for me. Perhaps I was trying to use it wrong. Now I can't remember which of the the rocket launcher or grenade launcher was new, but either way I'll cover them both since I think I updated from a much older version. Both are great and serve their appropriate roles very well. Personally I'd take a bit off the rocket launcher's cost, but that's just because I like blowing things up.

All in all with a bit of fine tuning easily great additions to the sergaelic (is that the right term?) armory. (Sergalian? Sergalic? Sergalish? This is going to bother me now.)

Either way great work as always. Now I can't wait for the entry vessel lol.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:23 pm

I've edited the Hand cannon and the Auto cannon (and even the rifle), so hopefully they work more effectively and balanced now. I've also edited the sprite of the HandCannon to look more like an actual cannon, and am including new muzzle flashes for the pistol/shotgun/sniper.
The MRLauncher is not a powerhouse weapon anymore, it's more like a grenade launcher with a touch of the Sergal Rifle. I personally would use it for helping your brain escape unappealing situations.
As for the Grenade/Rocket Launcher, neither are new, the new addition is the Grenade itself! :P

First post is updated with the 1.4 update. Can I please get some feedback on these changes?

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:11 pm
Profile WWW

Feedback

(Btw, you can just call them Sergal weapons (the suffixes are somewhat faux pas)

Oi, the overall recoil on these weapons are comical. On the practical side, I wouldn't use Sergal in the air if doing aerial fire. Its a nice faction trait yet more testing will be needed to find a balance between the former note and usefulness. I will outline further recoil details with the weapon use below.

By far the Sergal autocannon feels like the healthiest, most robust addition. Accuracy and long burst place it high in my rank with its recoil being 'understandable'. Clip size is fine, enough to lay down fire but keep you on your heels if you have a heavy finger. Its weight is a little high for its class and is not an aerial weapon. Very Good

Not a lot of time was spent on the Sergal rifle. Its ROF is painful in an average fire fight. Light weight factions like Sergals need a good way for offensive firepower. If to be a staple, the Py-07 rifle should be a benchmark of comparison.

I suggest the Mini-RL be the explosive counterpart to the autocannon. Extend its range and fuse, lower the spread and splash damage for efficient and effective use. Friendly damage and auto-demise has happened, especially when AIs fire down slopes to track targets. Without these kinds of changes, it is a short-range, high clip, light RL that is eschewed by its bigger version range and potency.

Shotgun was not used, consider a different CQC weapon. Sergals do not take fire well from advanced weapons.

Rocket Launcher's weight will have to do I guess - it is balanced for them

Greandae Launcher's round weight feels heavy but its balanced too. Recommend angle of fire is 30 to 50 degrees.

The Handcannon has be retried, not enough results

The Sniper is a double-ended beast. Powerful and overthrows most joint strengths. Its recoil (you actually have to use prone firing) and low frame strength is a enough of a balance to this, remove the shot spread completely. Its too critical of a weapon as it is a game changer. Up the price a lot if you have to.

8) Keep it up if you wish, I leave other details as they are more specific plus something started to brew :twisted:

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Ok, now that I'm able to: After reading the new Vilous book from Mick, my interest in the newage sergals has spiked a little bit. They are not as different to the old age as I thought, so I will be modifying the sprites to fit the new style.

I've updated with some changes, changelog is in the first post. Please test them for me, and please let me know if I've messed anything up.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:54 pm
Profile WWW

so first off the download you have supplied is broken, the device.ini has a reference to a javilin.ini that is not in the folder.
secondly the sergal trap is not mentioned in either the change-log or the features list.

now feed back

what was the reasoning in making the bullets have such a limited life time rather than instead having higher air resistance. at the moment its rather odd and out of sync with the vanilla content for bullets to simply stop existing after a cretin point.

the way the rocket-launcher works is unique, though currently i'm unsure how useful it most effectively.

the new gun sounds are nice particularity the hand-cannon.

I'm looking forward to the new actors and must ask will these be replacing the current ones and how will they be different from them.

also thanks to CCS for pointing out how to use the sniper properly, in return i suggest that to overcome the problems with getting in range with the shotgun you can fire the shotgun behind your actor to use the recoil to propel it into the enemy.

i thoroughly enjoy using this mod and after adding duel-wielding to it i will be using it in many more games i'm sure.

i look forward too your next update and thanks for reading.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next