View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Sergal Faction 

Post Re: Sergal Faction
They look awesome with the armor bit they really need to be taller.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:26 pm

WoW.

Furries in Cortex.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am

I'm totally sure that's valid feedback, yes.

And Hellevator I know they're short. I could make them taller but as I've said about the claws, I'd need a general consensus. :(

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 am
Profile WWW

I love this mod. they aren't very powerful, but the designs are beautiful (at least to me, I'm weird. :P).
I honestly get sad every time one of mine gets killed, and especially sad when they get blown up.
:D :D :D :D :D

Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:49 am

debruynvince wrote:
they aren't very powerful

Idk.. the shield + spear combo is quite powerful.. Their guns are okay too (albeit more powerful in groups which can bog the game down a little which hopefully gets better if performance ever increases). Very fun race to play. I love that feeling that you're behind this shield that may break at any moment and you've got to close the distance.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:00 am

I had no idea these little shits could inspire such empathy. And that the spear + shield combo might be a better choice than some of the weapons. :P

Now, I've been thinking about changing the rocket launcher: aka, make the rockets weaker but increase the ammo and make it automatic. What do you guys think?
Also, how is the pricing on the units? I'm trying to keep the soldier at the current price, but what of the others?

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:07 am
Profile WWW

I think the prices are pretty decent as-is (although, granted I have a decently heavily modded version of Cortex Command, the Coalition are better, the Dummies got a new actor, ect.), but the sprites are seriously an issue. They're super short and super skinny, and they don't really 'gel' very well with the current Cortex Command sprites. The current sprites are almost a 'rough' sort of texture, they don't have a lot of same-color connected pixels, whereas the art for these characters is somewhat more pokemon-ish, with one primary color and a secondary shadow color. If you managed to make them slightly larger and did some slight variating to the light and dark textures of the sergals, you'd have a really decent mod. (Not that it's bad as it is right now, IMO. The small sprites just tend to allow for a lot of exit wounds, especially in the legs x.x)

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:31 am

I see. Well I'll be changing the bazooka in the next update, so I may also have a try at modifying the sprites. That will be when I get time though.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:11 am
Profile WWW

I love it. But in campaign, every time they go up against one of my super high tech soldiers and die i feel so bad xD. I'm a furry and my fursona is a sergal. I feel sooo bad Dx lol. Especially since they look more like southerns, even the northern colored ones. poor floofy butts... :cry:

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Had a feeling this would happen, after seeing Disst's avi and the EAF popping up a while back. Its all good as I'm actually enjoy the smallness and aesthetic addition of the mod to CC. Lol, my dragoons have some one to play with :grin:

I dare say this one of the more "perfect' mods because of said qualities, aesthetic being their 'special ability (Much like SET's EMP tech and SAW's KME tech) Definitely will be playing more of them, acting out stories of clans assembling salvage and such for survival in this wildly advanced world.

Also, for the direct feedback:

{ Now, I've been thinking about changing the rocket launcher: aka, make the rockets weaker but increase the ammo and make it automatic. What do you guys think? }

in that case, a recoilless rifle would suit them and this design

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 pm

CCS wrote:
Had a feeling this would happen, after seeing Disst's avi and the EAF popping up a while back. Its all good as I'm actually enjoy the smallness and aesthetic addition of the mod to CC. Lol, my dragoons have some one to play with.

may i ask you for a link to the avi and dragoon mods? personaly enjoyed EAF and have kept my install up to date through the patches.

CCS wrote:
a recoilless rifle would suit them and this design

also i agree a recoilless rifle would fit the aesthetic nicly, being simpler than an rpg in design.
also for some other simple non-gun weapons perhaps blow darts or if you still have spear sprites you could make an addle addle. This would probably be simpler than the single use trowing spear you where making as it makes sence to have to reload it.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:51 am

Now when you say a recoil-less rifle, do you mean in replacing the rocket launcher? Or adding it as a different weapon? Would it be auto? Semi auto?
With the sprites, I've changed the height now so that the average warrior should be at least as tall as a dummy. I am also editing the shading (not too much, just applying variety with colours).

And apart from new weapons, is there anything else about these sergals that could be added?

CCS wrote:
Had a feeling this would happen, after seeing Disst's avi and the EAF popping up a while back. Its all good as I'm actually enjoy the smallness and aesthetic addition of the mod to CC. Lol, my dragoons have some one to play with :grin:

I'm curious about these avi and dragoons as well (eaf is not my cup of tea!). Can we see them, please? :P

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:55 am
Profile WWW

Now that I realize the RL was added, it could be a replacement or the "mk2" launcher while the RL stays cheap. Recoilless rifles are semi auto at best and are excellent for different muntions.

As for additions... an angled (>) , mid-weight shield and a bayonet rifle (an M14EBR with bayonet knife is a prime modern example for length and weight) are among the easier and robust items that can be added.

Something more advanced would a kite bomb. A thrown explosive into the air, floats down and detonates in a shot gun spread. The ground version is pyramid shaped and shotgun spreads upward. The explosive items are a defensive tactic for their kind of area-denial and buff for hit-and-run tactics. They are squishy fighters overall and need time to be crafty.
Code wise these could use the cluster bomb script for kite bomb and a modified anti personnel mine.

Such items would round them out rather than add inventory
--
PS
Disst

The Dragoons are a nickname of a class of infantry in my private faction. I leave them in the rough as I'm always tearing them down and building them up, as shown in the attachments.

Attachments:
ScreenDump464.bmp [1.37 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
ScreenDump467.bmp [1.37 MiB]
Not downloaded yet
Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:27 pm

my impression was that recoiless rifles are basically shoulder mounted artillery pieces with a hole in the back to reduce recoil so how you have semi auto versions i do not comprehend.

the rifle would probably fit quit nicely as an explosive weapon of ranges between the rpg and the grenade launcher.

I also think that an offhand version of the rifle would be great fun.

I think you got confused as to who made those two mod, I know for sure that EAF was made by Cooljoesmith so unless he got a new account I think you got some users mixed up, as i do not believe Dssit has posted any mod. What does avi stand for in the mod?

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:58 pm

From what I can see, those dragoons look good. Congrats.

Also my bad, I had assumed recoil-less rifles were literally just that: recoil-less rifles. :P
Looking at it now though, I can see that maybe it would be great for artillery techniques.

> shaped shield - It would fit (sergals officially value aesthetics over practicality).
Bayonet - I've been trying to get a lua script working so that sergal weapons place a close-combat copy of themselves in the actors inventory. I'm failing miserably though.
Kite bomb/mines - I like the sound of those, so I'll think about it.
Offhand weapons - Sergals are quite strong fluffwise, so this might not be out of the question.
If anyone can think of more weapons, please tell me.

And I can't find any record of avi in the mod boards, though granted I only check the topic titles. As sharpenedonthedawn up there said; I'm afraid unless we get a link to it or a explanation if it's an abbreviation, we won't know.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next