View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Sergal Faction 

Sergal Faction

WHAT IS A SERGAL?!

This faction brings Sergals into the mix. Not the biggest nor the best, it's my first uploaded CC mod.
A low tech race, fast on their feet but lacking in jetpacks. Each sergal type can be of any of the colours you see in that image up there. Due to their brutality in combat and low base intelligence, they are permitted by TradeStar to mostly use Ronin-grade weaponry.

What's in this mod:

Faq

Old Screenshots

DOWNLOAD V2.0
DOWNLOAD V1.9a
DOWNLOAD V1.8
DOWNLOAD V1.7b
DOWNLOAD V1.6a
DOWNLOAD V1.5
DOWNLOAD V1.4
DOWNLOAD V1.3
DOWNLOAD V1.2
DOWNLOAD V1.1
DOWNLOAD V1.0
Minor patches for those who downloaded the versions previous:
1.7a to 1.7b
1.7 to 1.7a
1.6 to 1.6a
1.4 to 1.5
1.3 to 1.4
1.2 to 1.3
1.1 to 1.2
0.X to 1.0

For those who like these sort of things (I know I do)! If you are unable to download from mediafire, please recommend a new host that doesn't require a premium account.

CHANGELOG

Thank you list:
Data - for Cortex Command
Mick39 - Sergal creator
Bad Boy & p3lb0x - For the randomising attachables script
Xn-Dragon for much help with the various sounds and sprites
Anyone else I forgot. Please let me know if you did, my memory is terrible.

Attachments:
File comment: For those who can't download from Mediafire.
Sergal 1.1.rar [647.47 KiB]
Downloaded 668 times
Sergal 1.2.rar [722.17 KiB]
Downloaded 438 times
Sergal 1.3.rar [830.59 KiB]
Downloaded 451 times
Sergal 1.4.rar [832.94 KiB]
Downloaded 444 times
Sergal 1.5.rar [883.46 KiB]
Downloaded 449 times
Sergal 1.6a.rar [888.68 KiB]
Downloaded 466 times
Sergal 1.7b.rar [1.93 MiB]
Downloaded 1137 times

Last edited by omegadrace on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:49 am, edited 37 times in total.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:57 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Sergal Faction
A Sergal mod... interesting, and unique.

Pros: Excellent sprites for all original work. Randomized color script adds uniqueness to an attack force, and to the mod in general.

Cons: All firearms are copied directly from the Ronin arsenal, adding to the relatively short load time for the mod. I recommend flat out removing firearms from this mod, or replacing them with original designs.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 am

Harzipan wrote:
All firearms are copied directly from the Ronin arsenal, adding to the relatively short load time for the mod. I recommend flat out removing firearms from this mod, or replacing them with original designs.

I was thinking of giving them low-quality weapons that aren't Ronin. Should I?

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Give them throwing weapons [thrown devices] that have some generic lua script that replaces the thrown item after a few seconds.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:24 am

Alright, I've got most of the new weapons done, but I'm having a little bit of trouble with a javelin. Trying to do it as a TDExplosive results in no damage being done at all, the javelin itself rotating too much, and the javelin not getting stuck in the ground. Trying to do it as an AEmitter from a HDFirearm is exactly the same only without the rotating too much part, and no gravity. Any ideas?

Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

There was a tag, that orients objects to their velociy vector... and you could add sharpness TDExplosives, the stone [a ronin tde?] is one of the examples you can use. :o

I think Online tech is the latest example with replacing TDE scripts, or something, though there are probably several others.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 pm

I used the OrientToVel tag but it didn't want to work, and I gave it lot's of sharpness but the javelin still bounces around. :-(

The problem with the using the same functions as the rock is that it doesn't damage anyone I throw it at, and even if it did, it would gib which would destroy the javelin.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile WWW

So increase the Javelin's GibImpulseLimit. :roll:

But physical projectiles that wound/etc. by pure impact force are a pain to handle in general. A decent chunk of scripting'll probably be needed to make it work nicely.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm
Profile YIM

Really. Anyway, I'm giving up on the javelin.

Link will be updated with the other new weapons when mediafire decides to start working again. New version uploaded. Looking for feedback on weapons, please.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:28 am
Profile WWW

so feedback

first complements: so the actors sprites are great, and the shotgun feels amazing with its sound and kick.

and now criticism:
the rest of the weapons don't feel very good, the rockets slowly plod through the sky, the grenades basically tumble out the launcher and the rifles bullets are much too slow for the damage they do.

i know you want the weapons to be shoddily put together but it would be better if they had more daka.

also the shotgun's firing rate is to low meaning there is a large delay between finishing reload and firing.

also it may only be me but i always feel that brown armor in cc looks like paper bags (rather than leather which is what i presume you where going for). What would be cool is if, like the ronin, their armor was cobbled together from remains of other factions (maybe dummy or techion armor casing).

just a few suggestions of mine, thank you for taking the time to read and i hope you find them useful.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Thank you for the feedback!

I suppose I can increase the speed of rockets and rifle bullets a little bit, and increase the shotgun ROF slightly. I've also increased the grenade-launcher's firing velocity now, so it should go a bit further.

Now, about the armour. It was supposed to be a yellow-ish metal, but:
a) I'm not that good at spriting.
and
b) The hitsounds weren't working the way I mean't. I've adjusted the hit sounds for the armoured sergals now, so now they sound properly protected. :P

I will be uploading a mini-patch for feedback on the changes soon.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile WWW

Will there be claws in which to rape my enemies with?

Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:14 am

Unfortunately no. I could give it a try, but I'd need to know other opinions on it before doing so.

Anyway, now that I have time, minor patch is out with some weapon changes. Can you guys please let me know how they go?
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qsg6sg496s9rwc8

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 am
Profile WWW

the modified weapons feel wonderful, the fact that sergals firing the shotgun can be sent flying backwards is both hilarious and useful for additional jumping power. The kick on the rifle/sniper is real nice too.

I think you may have forgotten to change the sounds for the armor-hit in the patch(i'm presuming the changes where in the actor folder which was not in the patch) however i may have just missed them.

Its always great to see a non-human mod for CC, for a sci-fi game there really aren't enough of them.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:18 pm

No, you're right. I forgot not to remove the armour sounds damn it. Anywho thank you for the feedback! It's sad that not many others are providing as well, though.
And I really agree with you on the idea that there is not enough non-human races around. My next mod (older and mostly finished actually!) will be of a computer virus gone mad, using characters from a specific yet relatively obscure game. :P

First post has been updated appropriately. Screenshots for units and such have been added.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next