View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Sergal Faction 

Post Re: Sergal Faction
omegadrace wrote:
And the next version is uploaded. Sorry about the massive delay, it took much too long due to certain irl circumstances.
Feedback please. Keep in mind that I am highly likely to screw this release up, so please let me know if so as I'm finding it supremely difficult to concentrate on CC right now (if needed, the next update will have to wait until the weekend. Sorry guys :( ).

post updated pictures {including crafts}

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Done, first post updated as such.
Weapons
Rockets
Actors

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

OH MEH GERRDDD ROCKITS!!!!!!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 pm

That is one sexy rocket.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Is that a rocket in your pocket, or are you just happy to see them? :P

But seriously, is there anything that could be fixed or improved upon while I look into adding some new guns?

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:31 am
Profile WWW

omegadrace wrote:
Is that a rocket in your pocket, or are you just happy to see them? :P

But seriously, is there anything that could be fixed or improved upon while I look into adding some new guns?

The sergal shotgun and the sergal Assault rifle dosent have a trigger. [which is confusing]

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:57 am

Do you mean sprite-wise?

Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:59 am
Profile WWW

omegadrace wrote:
Do you mean sprite-wise?

Yes.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am

Alright, I'll get to doing that.

Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:17 am
Profile WWW

Re: Sergal Faction
I think I figured out the problem with the javelin if it hasn't been addressed. Make it so the javelin is 2 mass and has like eh.. 50 sharpness. ♥♥♥♥ around with the minimum throw velocity and maximum throw velocity.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:38 pm

1.8 Feedback

Medic Sergal
Good healing, distance, and speed. The weight can be lighter (20% of the backpack) given their lack of jetpack. Medic healing themselves is not a poor idea if is at a slow rate (1/5 the ally heal rate). Also they break easily from high falls above 70px (pixels). If memory serves well increasing the GibWoundImpulse and JointStiffness plus a lighter weight can help this.

Sergal Rifle
Feels the same, which is fine. recommend it be vastly cheap with the introduction of the Sergal assault rifle.

Sergal Assault Rifle
Essentially their Py-07, no problems here. If to improve on it lessen the bullet spread as the barrel is rather long, so its "expected" to be more accurate even in burst

Autocannon
Very good burst and clip size

Small Launcher
Nifty, especially for the lighter units. Extending the range to just shy the actor can see will make it more useful

Grenade Launcher
..is a personal mortar as the shot now soars. This weapon has a new life.

All other weapons act as they were

I see this as a content build given the new and fitting sprites. The weapons, with just the small details are very defined. I found the Scout being coupled with the Small Launcher and Handcannon more often, while the Warrior got the Sniper Rifle and Auto Cannon, and Guardians using a mixture of any weapon for the role.

This is shaping up nicely.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:06 am

Love the mod to bits, very fun to play as despite the guns being kind of junk, armor being only on a few troops, jetpacks being rare and useless(ish), and of course, they fact that they die super easy. I mean, hot damn, they are more squishy then Combine Troops without armor, cost about the same, but don't get starting weapons.

But mostly I'm upset that they have these awesome new rockets and the presets for them still use Tradestar stuff to deliver things.

They also should have a Orbital Drop Pod. Just, not a very good one. Well, two. One graded for a single guy to arrive in("It's ALMOST safe!"), and one for generic crap drops.

Oh, and while I know they have grenades and mines, I think they should make ones usable from ships. This would be very handy for UL2 for a "Super-Weapon" for a Sergal Bombing Run, and VoidWanderers for Bombs. Naturally they would make bombs that explode, but some might spew traps, and a rare few might even throw lots of rocks around as well.

Also, maybe the Sergal Sniper Rifle should be a Sergal Jezzail? Sniper weapons usually have Scopes, and Sergals don't exactly strike me as the kind of folks who know how to make such things. Look up Warhammer Fantasy Skaven for why I suggest it to be a Jezzail. Also there are some similarities between Sergals in this mod and Clan Skyer from the skaven in terms of safety checks with their gear. Shame Sergals don't have Warpstone. Then they might end up with Warp-Lightning Cannon.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:27 am

I will temporarily no longer work on this mod as now that I actually have plenty of time to myself, I find that I just don't have the motivation to do so. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and/or helped out when they could.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:56 am
Profile WWW

omegadrace wrote:
I will temporarily no longer work on this mod as now that I actually have plenty of time to myself, I find that I just don't have the motivation to do so. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback and/or helped out when they could.

"temporarily""" - a few years later -

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:35 am

:wink:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next