View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Sergal Faction 

Post Re: Sergal Faction
omegadrace wrote:
Alright, I've got most of the new weapons done, but I'm having a little bit of trouble with a javelin. Trying to do it as a TDExplosive results in no damage being done at all, the javelin itself rotating too much, and the javelin not getting stuck in the ground. Trying to do it as an AEmitter from a HDFirearm is exactly the same only without the rotating too much part, and no gravity. Any ideas?

To make a javelin, I suggest making the weapon invisible, the magazine the javelin, and the bullet the javelin. And have 1 mag capacity, with a short reload time. Meaning the mag, the javelin, will disapear when thrown, and come back when reloaded.

EDIT: Actually, the mag will probably drop and a bullet will be thrown. So I don't know.. knock yourself out.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:26 pm

I was almost going to say that you'll have solved my javelin dilemma, until I saw your edit. :(
Well, I do have someone else having a go with lua. I just hope all goes well with it.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:09 pm
Profile WWW

No no, it is possible to have the magazine not drop and simply just disappear. The coalition shotgun does it for the reload and so does the ronin rpg. There should be a value on the magazine called 'IsDiscardable' or something similar that you can use to toggle magazine dropping. Also, to make it drop more simply just increase AirResistance and AirThreshold until you're happy with the results, and set the sharpness very high.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:16 pm

nubbles wrote:
No no, it is possible to have the magazine not drop and simply just disappear. The coalition shotgun does it for the reload and so does the ronin rpg. There should be a value on the magazine called 'IsDiscardable' or something similar that you can use to toggle magazine dropping. Also, to make it drop more simply just increase AirResistance and AirThreshold until you're happy with the results, and set the sharpness very high.

That's beacuase there is no mag image.
omegadrace wrote:
I was almost going to say that you'll have solved my javelin dilemma, until I saw your edit. :(
Well, I do have someone else having a go with lua. I just hope all goes well with it.

Possibly. You can try giving it 2 frames, and it stops at the second.
Like JavelinMag000 JavelinMag001
001 would be invis. Try it.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:32 pm

There is a discardable tag. I've no need to have multiple frames now, but thank you for trying googlex6. I appreciate it.

Unfortunately, even now, I can't get the javelins to lay down the hurt. Traveling at a velocity of 60, with a mass of 40 and sharpness of 500 doesn't do anything other than bounce off things and knock enemies around. I've got a feeling it's just not possible with mosrotatings.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile WWW

At least try it with a sharpness of 999999999999 before you give up. See if it is at least possible. The imperatus's shotgun manages it somehow.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Even after doing that, it still bounces around.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:04 pm
Profile WWW

you could try having it "detonate" on contact into a couple of invisible bullets and a gib of a broken spear or a spear that sticks into things using the frag nailers script and does damage when this stick code activates/ has an explosive charge attached.

edit: of typo of missing r that made frag look like gentlemen you shall never be forgotten, thanks to googlex6 preserving thee below

Last edited by SharpenedOnTheDawn on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 pm

SharpenedOnTheDawn wrote:
you could try having it "detonate" on contact into a couple of invisible bullets and a gib of a broken spear or a spear that sticks into things using the gentleman nailers script and does damage when this stick code activates/ has an explosive charge attached.

Yes.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

So orient to vel doesn't mean jack ♥♥♥♥?

for the magazine, it can check if it is attached to something, else self.del

Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 am

The magazine is already working the way I wanted. But what do you mean by orient to vel? Are you talking about for the gibs or...?

EDIT: Here's the javelin so far, please test it guys.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xrfk6q3ja7a52as

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 am
Profile WWW

Some clarity, avi is shorthand for avatar aka profile pic - the member Disst has a changable profile made of Sergal and related art

Naturally Disst and Cooljoesmith are not the same

@SOTD: the 'dragoon mod' is mine

Onwards,

Angled shield also will be major in deflecting rounds and forces in other directions w/o taking the full impact :) Very potent

Try this for the bayonet, there happens to be a material color that causes gibbing on contact (R = 255, G,B= 0). Try painting that around the shape of the bayonet only. It may fact be the Test material in the Base.rte file.

:oops: a javelin? I figured that's what the Sergalic Sniper Rifle's job? In any case:
Having the javelin be a HDFirearm that (a)uses null.bmp as a reload sprite and (b) launches One TDExplosive in the same sprite as the javelin (like the grenade launcher for instance) should be a step in the right direction

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:38 am

Oh I thought you meant avi as in a mod, not a forum term. :P

And that rgb trick sounds interesting, I'll have to try it.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 am
Profile WWW

Remember plan B
Make the javelin a grenade that detonates on contact.
It's explosion would be a long invisible stab straight forward from where it hit.

Tested the javelin:
Jesus is it terrible. It rarely ♥♥♥♥ hits. It usually slides right off or bounces right off the head...
Also fackin'... The aiming reticle for it is almost zero. It pisses me off.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:12 am

See, that's exactly why I wanted feedback.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next