View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Sergal Faction 

Post Re: Sergal Faction
I've borrowed sounds from several other games. Just give credit where it's due, be willing to replace the sounds in the unlikely event you do get asked to by the owner, and you should be fine.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 pm
Profile YIM

Ah alright. The next update should be out shortly, and the alt. sound patch too.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 am
Profile WWW

And done. Update 1.7 and the sound patch is out. First post updated accordingly, and will update the feature images when I can. Please let me know if I've screwed things up again.

Another thing; It's not too obnoxious adding the new links to the post declaring them, is it? :(

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:57 am
Profile WWW

Hey is it possible to include a skirmish for this? I would love to defend against these kitties.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 pm

I do intend to get some skirmishes done eventually, but for now you'll just have to make do with adding sergal to your constants.lua. :)

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:49 am
Profile WWW

I have to say the Sergals @ v1.6 feel great and are at a happy medium. This is a nice milestone for the faction and I recommend putting this one as a foundational save when you feel you have found something to improve on.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 am

Were there any particular aspects that were balanced well? I need info! :P

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:15 am
Profile WWW

1.7a crashes upon loading the Sergal data file for me. It's apparently looking for 'Base.rte/Devices/Sound/DeviceSwitch1.wav'.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:00 pm

I got that too, I get the feeling there's a typo somewhere in the code.

You can make a "Sounds" folder and put DeviceSwitch1.wav in there as a temporary fix though, it'll boot up just fine.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:11 am

Whoops, it was a typo! Just change the sounds.ini in the sergal folder for now;
FilePath = Base.rte/Devices/Sound/DeviceSwitch
into
FilePath = Base.rte/Devices/DeviceSwitch
For each deviceswitch sound.

It's weird that I don't suffer the error, despite having the exact same code and file structure.

Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 am
Profile WWW

Just testing this; http://www.mediafire.com/?qw4d3h00zasmys4
Best used to replace a fresh copy of 17a. Please let me know if there is any problems.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:50 am
Profile WWW

I'm getting a crash on startup because it apparently can't find the firing sound for the Autorifle. It says it looks for "AutoRifleShot".

If I give it a sound everything works fine though, so it looks like that's the only issue.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Ah damn it, I'm always making mistakes. :(

Well, 17B is out. Could I please have some feedback?

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:47 am
Profile WWW

omegadrace wrote:
Were there any particular aspects that were balanced well? I need info! :P

That's the thing - the whole 1.6 edition is perfect. From the last feed back I gave the launchers are now more useful and the sergal rifle become more of a staple (ROF and sound is satisfying). I personally still love the autocannon and the actors have the right amount of armor and lightness. The handcannon is a joy to use (great accuracy and power for its class) and looks the part. Added the sprites, from the devices to the custom head pieces, all look nicely and fitting.

Why this is so is for the solid feeling the above creates and, that a Sergal faction has choices with each weapon class. I can at least say I can use all the weapons in a pinch even if not the best choice - a mark of good design. Also the weapons don't overlap each other in their roles: i.e. Handcannon and Sergal Rifle share accuracy but one is semi and the other auto, etc.

Now I would have to test the launchers and close up fighting again but 1.6 is solid. 8)

===

Now pinging from my second to latest post, If you want to add more robustness - again the (powered) bayonet rifle and various lightweight and strong shields do the trick. The multi-rocket launcher can be the recoiless rifle with heavy rounds, the current ones with more bullet drop. Rocket launcher made smaller and lighter to be a medium in the explosive range and the "heaviest" a Mitrailleuse which is a volley gun for indirect fire.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 am

And the next version is uploaded. Sorry about the massive delay, it took much too long due to certain irl circumstances.
Feedback please. Keep in mind that I am highly likely to screw this release up, so please let me know if so as I'm finding it supremely difficult to concentrate on CC right now (if needed, the next update will have to wait until the weekend. Sorry guys :( ).

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next