View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 YARR! PIRATES! 

Post Re: YARR! PIRATES!
So, is there anything else we can expect for these guys? At the moment i am 100 percent satisfied, however since its my favourite mod i am always hoping for new content. I could only really think of a few things it needs, Those being a rocket launcher/RPG kinda weapon, for more direct anti-vehicle combat. I dunno, make it weakish, but so it has enough power to actually be usefull. Also some more grendades would be nice, maybe a scrap grenade full of nails and scrap that does tons of damage, but in a short radius. Also a shield would be nice, to be used with the pistols and the TMP. I feel like since they are pirates they would like to fight upclose and personal, so maybe a bayonet attachment for the rifle, or a knife, or something for melee. Also maybe make the sniper and the rifle sound more poweful, at the moment they sound sorta underwhelming. Maybe another alien character, but this one is really small and weak, and can only use grenades and pistols. Sort of like a recconnaissance (spelt wrong) unit, and its cheap so it can be used to swarm. Make it small and green :D Anyway, these are just my ideas, don't feel pressured to use any of them, they are pretty bad and i know it takes time to make stuff for CC. Anyway, thanks for making this awesome mod, it is by far my favourite. They are not too weak, not too strong, have a decent amount of stuff and have one of the best looks about them in the game. Sorry if this was bad or whatever, its late and im tired. :-(

Fri May 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Uh, yeah, I have a fairly finished update that I've forgotten to upload 'n' stuff. I'll get right on that. Whoops.
And some of them ideas are pretty cool. I'll add a shield for sure and see from there.
Thanks man. :)

Edit: Update time!

Added a shield.
Added new incendiary weapons.
Added the pyro.
Balanced the weapon prices with Vanilla.
Increased the power of the sniper rifle to old levels but balanced out the prices.
Increased the accuracy and range of the carbine.
Fixed soft sounds.
Updated UL2 and Tartarus files.

Also, first version of the Redcoat Colonial Militia done. No craft as of yet unfortunately.

Sat May 11, 2013 11:25 pm

The guns are really hard to break and/or knock off actors' hands.

Most of the mod's weapons' wound limit is over 10. Even the freaking weakest pistol. That's higher than most of the vanilla heavy weapons.

The ratio of JointStrength on vanilla weapons and the mod's weapons is 1:20. Just saying.

I do like the challenge, but it can get really frustrating with one-on-one shootouts when the other guy's gun sucks up all the bullets and doesn't break.

Sun May 12, 2013 11:34 am

Ahaha, I forgot about that. I just hate guns being shot outta my hands. Will fix in the next update.

Sun May 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Alright, some feedback on the Redcoats:
First off, their actors seem quite strong, but this is partially balanced by their size, making them virtually useless at stealth and tight spaces, but perhaps if they cost a bit more it would be even more balanced. I like that they have a heavy and a light, but at the moment they both seem really tanky. Maybe reduce the strength of the skirmisher, he is prety much a heavy by himself. Maybe, to match the pirates, the seperate loadouts could have slightly different looks, so the SMGunners could maybe have some small magazine pouches on them, and maybe give the rifleman loadout different colored eyes, like yellow. I feel like they lack another unit-ish thing. Maybe a boser-style cannon that is used like a dreadnaught, except slower and even more useless on rough terrain. It would maybe fire a really devastating Boser laser, but takes ages to reload. Anyway, i really like their actors so far. Great work on the style and names of them.

Onto the guns. Ill go down like a list, with each gun, what i like about it and what i don't.
M2031-P I feel like it is pretty good for its price and purpose. Nothing to change
UA Boser M00892-P Pretty good, nice stopping power, price is pretty good, except i think the reload should be a tiny bit quicker, you use up its 2 rounds then you are pretty much dead unless you can get to cover. Overall pretty good.
M2198 Pretty good for a rifle, but maybe make it 5 rounds a mag, it battles to do major damage unless in numbers ATM. Then again, i guess thats its point...Either bump up the rounds to 5 and make it slightly weaker or make it do more damage. Overall pretty good, nice and cheap aswell.
L1943 Stein Carbine I like it, one of my favourite alround weapons. It does pretty decent damage with decent range and accuracy. Nothing to change, although what is the "ancient" design its based off? A Sten?
M4821 pretty good, but maybe reduce price to 70, 80 seems to be pushing it just a tad. Not too powerful, not too weak, does well on its own and in numbers. One of my favs
KAR M1918-L A pretty good assault weapon, it does a pretty good amount of damage with a nice fire rate and good accurracy, and is balanced by the lowish round count. Only problem is that, it being just 10oz more than the M4821, i don't see too much point in using the SMG, unless you are really stingy :P Another reason to make the SMG a tad cheaper
Vickers&Avery MMg Feels like it needs to fire slightly faster or do slightly more damage, other than that though it is a pretty good support weapon.
Winchester M2710 Scattergun A good shotgun. Not much else to say. Pretty good, not too powerful and not too weak. I like it.
UA Boser M-01824 My favourite gun. Its pretty powerful without being overpowered, Its a pretty decent price for its power, it can be used for virtually anything, and it looks awesome! Nothing needs changing
M-2199G A decent launcher, doesnt need any altering
Those are my thoughts on the guns

Now, my suggestions: For the actors, bring in a third one, could be anthing it just needs to fill a space. Maybe a captain or something. Also, weaken (slightly) the current units.
Also, they are in need of a sniper rifle and a carbine-like weapon. for the craft, i reccomend a dropship and a rocket, they dont seem like they would use pods. Maybe the rocket could bear a very slight resemblance to a landing boat, to fir with the old-school pirates and Queens Navy theme, and the dropship could be a really strong and big craft bearing resemblace to a frigate. It could be really well armored, but with a weakspot that sends it down really fast. Ofcourse, the crafts also need to look robotic-y aswell. Another grenade would also be nice. Since the Redcoats and the Pirates are supposed to fight alot, give the pirates some form of weapon that dissables robots for a short time, so they dont just get annhilated by the Redcoats Anyway, im done now. This turned out longer than i expected, so please ignore any errors as i don't want to go over this whole thing again :P
love the work thus far, keep it up!

Fri May 17, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks for the feedback man. :)

I wanted the actors to have a heavy feel to them, but I'll lighten up the Skirmisher a tad. Although, you can blow the Skirmisher's head off pretty easily. I'll be making the custom loadout gear as well, I just kinda rushed it out for the SPF update. I'm planning to do a few four-legged drones and that boser cannon sounds like a fine idea.

I'll take you up on most of that advice, I'll make the rifle do more damage, 'cause it's more fitting for the faction, The Stein is based off've the Sten yeah, I'll increase the fire rate of the MMG a tad and make the SMG cheaper.

There is a boser repeater and sniper rifle in the works as well as an anti tank rifle for the SPF. For the actors, I'm working on a couple of drones, and I was thinking of making a super-droid, the Musketeer, keeping in with the infantry metaphors, and he would have extra armor plates on his chest head and waist. Alternatively he could have a preset gun in one hand and a heavy shield in the other. Got a rocket in the works and I'm designing a dropship as well, and they'll have some form of baroque decoration, in fitting with the current theme.

Nice to see my mod being appreciated. :grin:

Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 pm

I really love playing the RCM, they're great at tanking damage, and their tall size and long reload weapons balance them out. So this pretty much needs a sniper and this mod, in my opinion, will be complete.

Sat May 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Updates for the RCM

Added Rocket.
Added Boser Marksman Rifle.
Added unique loadout heads.
Added campaign loadouts.
Added Colonial Militia Strike activity.
Added Tartarus file.
Added UL2 file.
Balanced wound and gib limits for everything.
Balanced some weapons.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:59 am

Major wrote:
Updates for the RCM

Added Rocket.

In the desc for the Space Privateer Federation rocket, UA stands for Ultor Aerospace Systems.

In the desc for the Redcoat Colonial Militia rocket, UA stands for Ultor Aerosystems.

I may have confused you with some PM's I sent you a while ago.

i pay attention to weird stuff

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 pm

The redcoats are using atmospheric rockets duh.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 am

Pigbear wrote:
The redcoats are using atmospheric rockets duh.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not.
Anyways, I'll be on the lookout for sounds and ♥♥♥♥ to replace the Boser reloads.
It bothers me to have the same vanilla sounds.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:55 am

I'll fix the descriptions but the vanilla reload sounds are staying put.
This mod is supposed to fit in with vanilla, and the reload sounds are universal.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:37 am

Major wrote:
I'll fix the descriptions but the vanilla reload sounds are staying put.
This mod is supposed to fit in with vanilla, and the reload sounds are universal.

K jeez. Whatever floats your boat.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:38 am

Can you make more actors?

( i love making custom ones out of pre-existing parts of SPF and RCM :P )

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:15 am

Update time again.

RCM:

Revised weapon sprites.
Fixed descriptions.

SPF:

Revised weapon sprites.
Balanced wound and gib limits for everything.
Fixed Ohklar, or tried to anyway, he still looks a bit funny.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next