View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Crysis mod + bonus 

Crysis mod + bonus
Hi guys!This is a mod based on Crysis 1.
I didn't make any aliens cause i wasn't sure how,i did a few tries but if anyone wants to try,i have a backup of them(torso and head sprites are finished).
Unfortunately,the nanosuit doesn't have those power ups and energy,instead,i gave them fast moving,a bit more health and i guess nice armor.

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?hf3zx2u84rthso7 (UPDATED)

Image : http://www.mediafire.com/?ocz2ju16r9b958b

And the bonus:a for the lolz made assassins creed mod(don't say how crappy this 1 is,i know how crappy it is :)

Image : http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4mc47yo1brz3da5

Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?s1xpr9dj9vdcazj

NOTE:if you put the coalition.rte from the crysis.rar,it will just add the nano weapons and replace the coalition helmet sprite.
The assassins creed mod will replace some of the character sprites from Browncoats.rte and add weapons and bombs.

Please post replies about both modes(go easy on the 2nd one).

NOTE2:fixed the crysis image.
NOTE3:Predator bows are now available!

Last edited by Croblade24 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Post Re: Crysis mod + bonus
First things first, I think the link to the crysis pic is broken, didn't work for me at least. Well it worked, it didn't send me to any pictures regarding a crysis mod though, just like the mediafire main page or something. Anyways.

I actually have to head to a play right now (so cultured of me I know) so I didn't have time to test the assassins creed mod, but I did play around just a little with the crysis mod. First impressions: the light soldiers are pretty good, I didn't recognize much difference between them and regular troops which is probably good, because they're in the same price range. So nice work there, they're really nice basic troops. As for the heavier duty units, they're quite decent. The few units I tested were certainly better than regular troops, taking 4+ hits from a nanorifle without dying. Pretty sure the walking movement has been upped on them, cause their legs were really moving fast. Two things to note with them though; the price is a little steep. I mean, they're good units, but 400 is significantly more than regular units. Now I've played the UNSC mod a bit, and the Spartans there are only around 200, which means either your guys or his are a little unfair for what you get. Maybe a little of both. Even if you only compare to vanilla factions I would be inclined to have the price between 200 and 300, maybe less, seeing as you can order in 3 armed coalition units for the same price as one armed crysis unit. But really in the end, it is up to you, maybe it isn't so far off. Anyways, I don't dislike the price terribly much, but for 400 I would expect to get a guy with a pretty decent jetpack, but this guy has trouble taking off with an auto-shotgun and an assault rifle :P Personally, I'd give him a pretty good jetpack, if not a great one, if you want him to be a more all-around killing machine, which is what I'd expect for $400. But hey, this is just one guy's opinion.

One last thing, I would really encourage you to make some guns for the mod, if that isn't already in the works. I used coalition guns in the short testing I did, but it'd a lot more character for them to have their own.

Anyways, as . . . oh wait a minute. Just re-read your post and looks like there is some way to add nano-weapons. My bad. Well I don't have time to test those, but nice work on the guys, the short play-testing I did with them was pretty fun actually, so nice work.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:48 pm

burningsky25 wrote:
First things first, I think the link to the crysis pic is broken, didn't work for me at least. Well it worked, it didn't send me to any pictures regarding a crysis mod though, just like the mediafire main page or something. Anyways.

I actually have to head to a play right now (so cultured of me I know) so I didn't have time to test the assassins creed mod, but I did play around just a little with the crysis mod. First impressions: the light soldiers are pretty good, I didn't recognize much difference between them and regular troops which is probably good, because they're in the same price range. So nice work there, they're really nice basic troops. As for the heavier duty units, they're quite decent. The few units I tested were certainly better than regular troops, taking 4+ hits from a nanorifle without dying. Pretty sure the walking movement has been upped on them, cause their legs were really moving fast. Two things to note with them though; the price is a little steep. I mean, they're good units, but 400 is significantly more than regular units. Now I've played the UNSC mod a bit, and the Spartans there are only around 200, which means either your guys or his are a little unfair for what you get. Maybe a little of both. Even if you only compare to vanilla factions I would be inclined to have the price between 200 and 300, maybe less, seeing as you can order in 3 armed coalition units for the same price as one armed crysis unit. But really in the end, it is up to you, maybe it isn't so far off. Anyways, I don't dislike the price terribly much, but for 400 I would expect to get a guy with a pretty decent jetpack, but this guy has trouble taking off with an auto-shotgun and an assault rifle :P Personally, I'd give him a pretty good jetpack, if not a great one, if you want him to be a more all-around killing machine, which is what I'd expect for $400. But hey, this is just one guy's opinion.

One last thing, I would really encourage you to make some guns for the mod, if that isn't already in the works. I used coalition guns in the short testing I did, but it'd a lot more character for them to have their own.

Anyways, as . . . oh wait a minute. Just re-read your post and looks like there is some way to add nano-weapons. My bad. Well I don't have time to test those, but nice work on the guys, the short play-testing I did with them was pretty fun actually, so nice work.

Thank you for the feed back,i will reduce the price and 1 more thing,do you know how to make the jetpack stronger?i dont want it to last longer,just a short and strong jetpack.Write a quick tutorial,or a example pls.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Good start,

I would remove the dependencies hidden in your mods. And I would make Crytek standalone and not make it rewrite base coalition, just make your own cutom activities. Maybe Maginot Defense II or something.

Otherwise, there are scripts to make jumping , and lua scripts for creating custom pie menu functions to give your suits nano powers. Such as speed , strength, etc. Complicated = yes, but Worth it = very much so.

Assassin's need work, and crossbow needs a custom round. If I were you I'd ask DudeAbides for his swords scripts, he is the only one here who has done swords right.

Keep it up!!1

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Could you upload the images directly to the topic?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Use imgur for the images, and I think you can upload the Mod Zip/Rar on the forums.

For a jetpack I think it's all defined in the Jetpack emitter, just edit the weight/emission rate of the particles.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 am

Quote:
Thank you for the feed back,i will reduce the price and 1 more thing,do you know how to make the jetpack stronger?i dont want it to last longer,just a short and strong jetpack.Write a quick tutorial,or a example pls.

Heh, I wish. Sorry, I can't give you much help there, the little modding I am capable of is only with scenes. If you have questions though ask around in Mod Making, help can be found there I believe.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:13 am

Ok,first of all,i suck at everything except editing,i dont know nothing about lua scripting nor those activities(how to make a map).
Any help would be welcome(one guy for luas,other guy for maps)
Also,added the bow to the game :) re-download it

EDIT:assassins creed was a mod made out of too much spare time,i'm not gonna edit that any more,but everyone is welcome to,if i get credits
EDIT2:I don't know how to post direct images,a small tutorial would be great
EDIT3:fixed image link,fixed price on heavy soldier,added predator bow

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Croblade24 wrote:
Ok,first of all,i suck at everything except editing

But you won't be if you just practice. I have faith in you dude.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:44 pm
Profile WWW

If you think your Assassin's Creed mod is awful, then why did you release it? I'm not a modder yet, but I personally think that it's best to make it as good as you can, even if that means getting help from other modders, before releasing it.
No offense intended, but it's kind of lazy.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 pm

Ricochet wrote:
If you think your Assassin's Creed mod is awful, then why did you release it? I'm not a modder yet, but I personally think that it's best to make it as good as you can, even if that means getting help from other modders, before releasing it.
No offense intended, but it's kind of lazy.

i did that out of boresome,it wasnt an intended mod and therefore i wont continue it
and no offense taken,thanks for the feedback :)

Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]