View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.2 

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.1
Well, the hands thing is kinda complicated. They can take a lot of time because after you set some values, you have to run the game multiple times to check if they are right or not. You can do a lot of things, like editing the SpriteOffset values to move the weapon sprite in the desired spot, StanceOffset is for the weapon when is not being aimed, SharpStanceOffset value is where the weapon moves when aiming and SupportOffset is where the second hand is put in the weapon.

I actually try to avoid editing those values as much as I can because it can just take too much time so I usually take a vanilla weapon that looks and works in a similar fashion to the one I want to make and use that as base to make a new weapon. I do the same with pretty much anything, from items to units. If you see the weapons in this mod, you'll notice they are pretty much modified ronin/coalition weapons.

About crafts. I've actually never messed with them so I can't really tell you much about them. This mod has planes but I didn't make them, I just edited the sprites and added gibs to it. :P

It would be cool if this game had more editors in it. A weapon and walking editor would be just great.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.1
Chiko wrote:
Well, the hands thing is kinda complicated. They can take a lot of time because after you set some values, you have to run the game multiple times to check if they are right or not. You can do a lot of things, like editing the SpriteOffset values to move the weapon sprite in the desired spot, StanceOffset is for the weapon when is not being aimed, SharpStanceOffset value is where the weapon moves when aiming and SupportOffset is where the second hand is put in the weapon.

I actually try to avoid editing those values as much as I can because it can just take too much time so I usually take a vanilla weapon that looks and works in a similar fashion to the one I want to make and use that as base to make a new weapon. I do the same with pretty much anything, from items to units. If you see the weapons in this mod, you'll notice they are pretty much modified ronin/coalition weapons.

About crafts. I've actually never messed with them so I can't really tell you much about them. This mod has planes but I didn't make them, I just edited the sprites and added gibs to it. :P

It would be cool if this game had more editors in it. A weapon and walking editor would be just great.

I feel the same way, clearly the forum understands the potential of this game, and I love the fact that there are people who continue to work on mods for this game, from today, the only honorable person to meet is you, a taste by the way. :D

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:01 am

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.2
Alright, new update for all GWTB factions. Here's the changelog:

-Helmets will transfer less damage to the head, reducing the rate of head explosions when the helmets get hit.
-Heavies have better armor but destroying their backpacks will decrease the effectiveness of their jetpacks.
-Heavies and Knights can't aim completely up and down now.
-Reduced the aiming distance and accuracy for Crossbows unless the user is a Knight.
-Rebalanced all Shotguns. They now have chances to damage armored targets at point blank and they also have increased stopping power.
-Flamethrowers are less powerful now but they will damage armored targets with heat. Heat will damage any unit it touches, even the user.
-Removed unnecessary files and strings from some of the script files.
-Edited the gibs for Longswords and Crossbows.

The more noticeable changes with this updates are shotguns and flamethrowers.

Shotgun pellets have increased mass and less sharpness, meaning low armor penetration but high knockback effect, which will throw targets to the ground or completely flip them. The pellets can also disarm targets.

The flame from Flamethrowers doesn't behave as "projectiles" anymore, meaning they cause no direct damage. Instead, there's a script attached to the particles, which will decrease actors health when in contact with them, including heavily armored targets and the actor using the weapon. The particles are less lethal now but will push and flip the target backwards and will sometimes disarm them, leaving the target helpless. Also, even though the particles make no direct damage, enough of them at point blank can exert enough pressure to cause unarmored body parts to explode. This is most noticeable when directing the fire against a target's head. Another feature with the flame particles is they won't damage items unless these are really weak to damage, like grenades or similar explosives.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4