View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Gone with the Blastwave Factions v2.5 / v2.6c for CCCP 

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.1
Well, the hands thing is kinda complicated. They can take a lot of time because after you set some values, you have to run the game multiple times to check if they are right or not. You can do a lot of things, like editing the SpriteOffset values to move the weapon sprite in the desired spot, StanceOffset is for the weapon when is not being aimed, SharpStanceOffset value is where the weapon moves when aiming and SupportOffset is where the second hand is put in the weapon.

I actually try to avoid editing those values as much as I can because it can just take too much time so I usually take a vanilla weapon that looks and works in a similar fashion to the one I want to make and use that as base to make a new weapon. I do the same with pretty much anything, from items to units. If you see the weapons in this mod, you'll notice they are pretty much modified ronin/coalition weapons.

About crafts. I've actually never messed with them so I can't really tell you much about them. This mod has planes but I didn't make them, I just edited the sprites and added gibs to it. :P

It would be cool if this game had more editors in it. A weapon and walking editor would be just great.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.1
Chiko wrote:
Well, the hands thing is kinda complicated. They can take a lot of time because after you set some values, you have to run the game multiple times to check if they are right or not. You can do a lot of things, like editing the SpriteOffset values to move the weapon sprite in the desired spot, StanceOffset is for the weapon when is not being aimed, SharpStanceOffset value is where the weapon moves when aiming and SupportOffset is where the second hand is put in the weapon.

I actually try to avoid editing those values as much as I can because it can just take too much time so I usually take a vanilla weapon that looks and works in a similar fashion to the one I want to make and use that as base to make a new weapon. I do the same with pretty much anything, from items to units. If you see the weapons in this mod, you'll notice they are pretty much modified ronin/coalition weapons.

About crafts. I've actually never messed with them so I can't really tell you much about them. This mod has planes but I didn't make them, I just edited the sprites and added gibs to it. :P

It would be cool if this game had more editors in it. A weapon and walking editor would be just great.

I feel the same way, clearly the forum understands the potential of this game, and I love the fact that there are people who continue to work on mods for this game, from today, the only honorable person to meet is you, a taste by the way. :D

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:01 am

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Extended 2.2
Alright, new update for all GWTB factions. Here's the changelog:

-Helmets will transfer less damage to the head, reducing the rate of head explosions when the helmets get hit.
-Heavies have better armor but destroying their backpacks will decrease the effectiveness of their jetpacks.
-Heavies and Knights can't aim completely up and down now.
-Reduced the aiming distance and accuracy for Crossbows unless the user is a Knight.
-Rebalanced all Shotguns. They now have chances to damage armored targets at point blank and they also have increased stopping power.
-Flamethrowers are less powerful now but they will damage armored targets with heat. Heat will damage any unit it touches, even the user.
-Removed unnecessary files and strings from some of the script files.
-Edited the gibs for Longswords and Crossbows.

The more noticeable changes with this updates are shotguns and flamethrowers.

Shotgun pellets have increased mass and less sharpness, meaning low armor penetration but high knockback effect, which will throw targets to the ground or completely flip them. The pellets can also disarm targets.

The flame from Flamethrowers doesn't behave as "projectiles" anymore, meaning they cause no direct damage. Instead, there's a script attached to the particles, which will decrease actors health when in contact with them, including heavily armored targets and the actor using the weapon. The particles are less lethal now but will push and flip the target backwards and will sometimes disarm them, leaving the target helpless. Also, even though the particles make no direct damage, enough of them at point blank can exert enough pressure to cause unarmored body parts to explode. This is most noticeable when directing the fire against a target's head. Another feature with the flame particles is they won't damage items unless these are really weak to damage, like grenades or similar explosives.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Factions v2.3
Well, since I've updated some of my other factions, that means these ones get them too:

Reds:
-Added a new unit, Reds Spec Ops. They are lightly armored but are as sharp as a sniper plus their arms and legs cannot be hit.
-Added a new weapon, SMG-Reds. It's basically an assault rifle without the stock. Deals less damage but has faster rate of fire.
-Edited the look of Reds Heavies. They now look like the "Out of my way, scrublords" dude.

Blues:
-Added a new unit, Blues Spec Ops. Their legs and helmets are armored plus their arms cannot be hit. They are as sharp as a sniper.
-Added a new weapon, SMG-Blues. It's basically an exact copy of the Reds one... but with generally better stats.

Yellows:
-Added a new unit, Yellows Spec Ops. They are heavily armored but not as much as a Heavy. They are as sharp as a sniper.
-Added a new weapon, SMG-Yellows. It's a proper submachine gun with a deadly rate of fire.

Greens:
-Added a new unit, Greens Spec Ops. They look like normal soldiers, except they are better trained and have a chance to spawn with helmets with enemy colors. Their main arm cannot be hit.
-Added a new weapon, SMG-Greens. It's basically a poorly maintained SMG-Reds.

All 4 Factions:
-Edited Flamers to be a bit less effective. They will only gib body parts made of armored flesh or weaker. They also don't push actors as much.
-Knights now use a jetpack instead of jumping so the ai can use them effectively.
-Added an unused bodypart to most actors, Collar. It's merely for looks as it cannot be hit.
-The Armored Collar can be hit so it offers protection to the neck area now. Only the ones in Knights are decorative.
-Removed some redundant pieces of code from the files.

Here's some sample screenshots of some of the new content:

New look for the Reds Heavy:

New Yellows Spec Ops:

New Reds Spec Ops:

Tue May 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Se me hace bastante lindo saber que sigues publicando actualizaciones de este mod
deje que probar mod y jugar hace años, básicamente porque, simplemente creo que el juego ya ofreció todo lo que podía entregar, asi que, bueno, le estoy dando otra visita, buen mod por cierto, pase mucho tiempo jugandolo.

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:34 am

DiuxWarson wrote:
Se me hace bastante lindo saber que sigues publicando actualizaciones de este mod
deje que probar mod y jugar hace años, básicamente porque, simplemente creo que el juego ya ofreció todo lo que podía entregar, asi que, bueno, le estoy dando otra visita, buen mod por cierto, pase mucho tiempo jugandolo.

Gracias. Yo hace años tambien que no pasaba por aca pero siempre termino volviendo. Hay una comunidad de Discord de Cortex Command donde uno de los desarrolladores todabia trabaja en el juego junto con otros fans. Es un poco mas activo que aca. :p

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 pm

Post Re: Gone with the Blastwave Factions v2.4
New update for these factions. Here's the changelog:

-Removed dependencies on vanilla factions to avoid compatibility issues. Some code still reference stuff from the Base.rte content.
-Soldiers now make pain sounds when getting shot or damaged in general.
-Almost each soldier type has their own voice for pain and death sounds as a way to make each unit a bit more unique.
-Added stride movement sounds for the soldiers. Their bodies also make a different sound when they hit the ground.
-Ejected plane pilots will now play their fall scream once instead of looping until hitting the ground.
-Basic helmets can now be knocked off with explosions and heavy rounds.
-Metal clad bodyparts will now reduce health when hit, not just when destroyed.
-Updated the Ammo.ini with more general particles with different enough stats to be used as rounds for the available guns. All projectile weapons deal a bit more damage in general.
-Longswords and Crossbows from Knights only give their bonuses to either GWTB Knights or medieval units from other of my factions. They are also a bit more balanced in their damage output.
-Knights have better aiming range, which is specially noticeable with crossbows and other archery type weapons.
-Medics have better aiming range in general. It was a bit too short before.
-Greens equipment is a lot less rigged now but most of the devices from all GWTB factions will work poorly when held by a Greens unit.
-Greatly improved Tanks in all aspects. The AI moves them around more effectively, better looking muzzle flash, better gibs and general stats.
-Fixed a number of bugs in some lua files that would cause console errors and lag but still work.

EDIT: Small new update, lads. Here's the changelog:

-Getting hit in the head might knockback or flip soldiers, depending on the rounds hitting them. Heavies are the less effected by this.
-Edited the ammo.ini file so the rounds don't destroy terrain as easily and rebalanced most guns.
-Minor edits to most of the ini files and fixed some bugs found along the way.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4