View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Raptor Defense Industries - [WIP] 

Raptor Defense Industries - [WIP]
I have been working on this mod for almost 3 years, excluding a 2 year hiatus and 6 months for a heart transplant. About 5 years ago, my brother and I decided we would make our own factions to battle with. He dropped his within 3 months because he said "I don't want to deal with this finicky code", Ironically he went on to become a programmer

This is meant to be an all purpose faction. This includes 25-30 Weapons, 4 Bombs, 1 Dropship, 2 Crates, 1 Missile (it is fast and does not deploy troops, load it with an explosive charge), 6 actors (4 Humans and 2 Mechs), 2 Trenches, and 2 base defense turrets.

Tell me if I need to balance anything.

Big thanks to Abdul Alhazred, Arcalane, Foa, 4zK, bad boy, and WeeGee for helping me fix problems I have had.

I recommend you copy the stuff from the Load-outs and add it to the base ones if you want maximum efficiency while playing.
Compatible with Unmapped Lands 2

Change-log

To Do

Last edited by Galahir950 on Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 am, edited 32 times in total.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:41 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Raptor Defense Industries - [WIP]
First things first, it is in poor taste to have actors with health over 100, it allows people to sell them back for more than their original cost.
[Selling Back is \Original Cost * Health / 100\]

If you want to make something stronger, play with the damage values on the wounds the actors' bodyparts use, and the impulsethresholds and woundlimits of the actors' body parts. And materials, too.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:10 am

Sorry, I have been out of it for a couple years.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 am

Re: Raptor Defense Industries - [WIP]
I fixed the health problem with 1.1_01 .

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:04 am

Um, everything is good, except for the mech. It looks silly. Theres no other way to say it. Like it can't decide whether it wants to be an actor or a rocket. Other than that everything is good

EDIT: The "download" link takes you to an imgur pic, the one on the post. Not sure if intentional or accidental, please clarify. Thanks!

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 am

The.Parasite wrote:
Um, everything is good, except for the mech. It looks silly. Theres no other way to say it. Like it can't decide whether it wants to be an actor or a rocket. Other than that everything is good

EDIT: The "download" link takes you to an imgur pic, the one on the post. Not sure if intentional or accidental, please clarify. Thanks!

I fixed the DL link. The Mech is supposed to look like that. The MK.1 Mechanized Infantry had 1 fatal flaw, since the soldier was supposed to fit in the torso, it could be knocked down easily because it was tall and slightly topheavy.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

I updated to 1.2. I reworked some of the guns and I added the Mk.II Mechanized Infantry unit. This unit is more compact and can fit inside bases. It is also weaker.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:25 am

I updated to 1.3.

Updated many of the outdated sprites.
Added 2 new blaster weapons and changed the projectile it fired.
Added a 3rd weapon to the Mk.II Mech.
Split many of the long files into smaller, more manageable files.
Made the Mechs more durable.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 am

I like it, sprites are definitely getting better, i like the mk2's look, but i think it could do without that protruding bit on the back of its head. Mech weaponry seems a bit too powerful... I don't really like your rocket launchers, inaccurate and fast (10 rockets in a clip?). Maybe change the mk1 mech's mg to a blaster to fit it better thematically? Dropship seems like it should be able to land and drop troops with those legs, as it is it you cant (my guys just got crushed), it would be cool if you could make a version with longer legs for that purpose... :grin:

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:45 am

Piggles wrote:
I like it, sprites are definitely getting better, i like the mk2's look, but i think it could do without that protruding bit on the back of its head. Mech weaponry seems a bit too powerful... I don't really like your rocket launchers, inaccurate and fast (10 rockets in a clip?). Maybe change the mk1 mech's mg to a blaster to fit it better thematically? Dropship seems like it should be able to land and drop troops with those legs, as it is it you cant (my guys just got crushed), it would be cool if you could make a version with longer legs for that purpose... :grin:

I will start work on the longer legs. I am thinking 3 rockets a clip with a tighter spread. One of the reasons I chose the MG over a blaster is because the Mk.I was meant to be an outdated piece of machinery. The only reason it is still in service is because it can take a rocket to the chest without being obliterated. I will lower the Firing rate on the mg and limit it to 30rounds a clip. The two reasons I put the protruding cone on the Mk.II is because I needed a different head and I was using the fallout 2 power armor as reference.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... ARMOR2.gif

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:57 am

I updated to 1.3_01.

Balanced the Mech MG and Rocket Launcher
    Elongated the legs on the dropship so the actors don't get crushed
    Reposistioned the thrusters on the Missile.
    Balanced the blaster.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:01 am

Well, thank you, I'd better get to playing around with the new version then. :grin:

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 pm

No problem.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm

I updated to 1.4

Added Duel Wielding for the RDI Pistol, RDI Compact Assault Rifle, and the RDI Blaster
Added an RDI Brain Bot
Added the RDI Micro Digger

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:20 pm

I updated it to 1.5.
    Added another actor, the RDI Cadet
    Added Cortex Shock Support, just add drag the LUA file to the Factions folder and add it to the .ini.
    Rebalanced almost every weapon.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next