View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 WIP: Asnu Republic 

WIP: Asnu Republic
Hello there, nice neaty-moddy wimy time-limy scene, including all of you, various genius of nice work and pretty explosions, good spriters and evil vodoo-madmens with Lua.

god, that was a long introduction sentence.
I came here, because... well, no, i didn't came here to ask something. I came here to post this, first, because I play CC. Now that's all. bye. ... well, no. I played CC since, let's say, since it wasn't continuous, 2007, and i think i must have some mighty 300 hours of playing, what is, I admit, a lot for me. but CC is damn good! Now, after all these introducy-wimy stuff, and some time enjoying various mods.. — note: 4zk, Major: your sprites are just magic. Arcalane: I revere you for your coding work. seriously, your compilation for W40k fells just... awesome. and, huh.. the guy who has cotton for an avatar, I like you, you're pretty funny. and your sprites looks cool. heh, and I don't like so much ACTA, don't blame me now. all these weapons are too much.. for me ~~.

So! after this nice time, and after a week with my girlfirend away, well, I did some boys stuff. not speaking about po*n, idiots ~~ I did some work. [/macho] Seriously, I had a lot of times, betwenn two load-eatings, (yes, I speak about chritmas. alcohol, etc. big bearded men in red.) and strangely enough courage to get to work really on a mod for CC. then... this comes. for most of the weapons, I started off some chunks of vanilla code, and tweaked it in some (horrible) (strange) (whimy) way. Here comes five weaps, two actors. the big man is based off browncoats code, and gave me hard time with its gibs, and seems pretty fragile to me... if anyone have an idea for tweaking it, I listen. the other one looks... well, like i itended it. comment. I tried to shape the weapons in a not-to-OP -ish way, hope i'ts okay. maybe the sniper rifle is, i wait for your feedback :). so! frakkin'hell, now, time for the work of the monkey! — note: not for babies.

The republic of Asnu is a young alien government, yet technologycally advanced, strongly engagend against disembodiement policies, that recently entered the midas conflict. The main troops shall be proud of risking their lives on the battlefield, though numerous autonomous drones are as well used in conflict, with great efficiency. The republic is known to have some affinities with the Techion faction, somewhat less agressive against them.

- -|- Troopers -|- -

-- Legionnar --

The main trooper of the republic, backbone of the Armada, strong, tall, quite resilent, and with a good jetpack. (notes: Jetpack higly subject to changes, different spriting, i mean. Resistance material was changed, I wait for your comments.)

-- Mechanized Light --

Lightweight mechanical unit, fast, agile, very useful equipped with a light and fast-striking weapon, for flying moves. dangerous.

-- Arc Support Drone --

HERE IT COMES! THE GREAT FLYING CRAB! BEHOLD!

The main problem with fixed turrets is firing angle. This exact problem is now forgotten: Hover drone, 360° of firing goodness.

Outfitted with extremely advanced antigrav technology and a high-tech chaingun, this was meant to defend critical locations such as sniper points, hills, or even bunker entrances. note the antenna linking the device to its master-controller, the drone WILL shut down if its antenna is destroyed. you were warned.

- -|- Weapons -|- -

-- Blast Handgun --

High-power, single-round large handgun, can blow away a dummy's head with ease.

-- Pulsed Charge Machinegun --

Light, sturdy, main assaulting device for standart Legionnars. 21 rounds of artistically pulsed chunks of noble gases.

-- Pulsed Charge Long Rifle --

Evrybody needs a good way to blow heads off at a long distance, this is one. Same technology, buffed up, and with a scope. be careful aiming. (note that I inspired myself of the code from the R.E.T.A.R.D.S longbow drone, the idea of using a multiple pixels bullet for a sniper appeared amazing. and it was :grin: .)

-- Ballistic Coil shotgun --

Who doesn't like shotguns? (exept me) compact, manevrable, fast and powerful. you see, you pew-pew-lazers fans, archaic slug-firing technology has some good sides.

-- Neutrino Radiation sprayer --

Big, technoligically advanced, used to fill the gap between a shotgun and a flamethrower, since theses ones are forbidden by Asnu War classification. Mainly an extremely dangerous acid spitter, actually, works like it, using elemental particles to disrupt molecular structure, making, basically, melt things.

tweaked.

-- Compact Ordinance Launcher --

Using Compressed air distribution systems, the launcher is quite an archaic design. but don't take it as if, the projectile is the actual piece of art in this system.

Compressed Kinetic modules delivery systems, reverse-engineered on weapons from a ship wreck from the "Aco Delta Covenant" rogue computer, encountered by the Republic in outer space, packed with a low-density pulse cell, allowing for an extremely dangerous and special weapon. handle with care.

-|- Explosives -|-

- E-Grenade -

Designed few weeks after arrival on Midas, the Electromagnetical Pulse Emmiter Device was meant to disable in the most quick way possible brain-command units. after encounters with the dummy and techion factions, this was meant as a main engagement device against any mechanical threat. beware, it won't be of any help against organic targets.

- ESAF Grenade -

Basically, the main use of a grenade is clearing closed corridors. This is designed exactly for this purpose: Explosive Sub-Ammunition Fragmentation grenade. high explosive potential, devastating in enclosed spaces, compensating the relative un-agility in bunkers of the Legionnar.

- Omega Strike Beacon -

Last but absolutly not the least. absolutly the less leasty-wimy device down here.
Take the pin off, toss, and jump quickly under three meters of concrete.
This will pinpoint cartesian coordinates for the main battery of the Republican cruiser above Midas, and wil filre an intense barrage of Ionized plasma accelerated at subluminic speed. this is dangerous.

(code comes from the orbital lance artillery strike in W40K compilation by arcalane, and is lightly tweaked. did I already said you your work is awesome :D ?)

Changelog:

Link: (because the uploader from DR is limited ~)
Asnu Version 2.rte.zip

Last edited by madKa on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Post Re: WIP: Asnu Republic
The mod looks Great, consistent art scheme, and the effects are superb. You may want to tone down bullet sharpness a bit, it's not at all nice to the terrain. The Actors are a little fragile, you may want to give the Legionnar a helmet. Other than that, the mod is splendid!

EDIT::There's a script lying around somewhere in the forums that allows bullets to still do damage while not raping terrain, I believe I saw it in the UNSC.rte mod thread

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

And while it's small, heres a faction file for UL2/VW :) It lacks faction specific bonuses, but VW don't care about those anyway.

Attachments:
Asnu.lua [6.41 KiB]
Downloaded 427 times
Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 am

"Blast Handgun?"

My version:

U90

After the U80 ( Ulren 80 ) which was designed by Malru Vinzi, the modern U90 chambers 2.31x19 pistol round, which is very large, unfortunetly leading into a single shot round,

Invented by Keiv Tech, the future with you,

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:12 am

hey, thanks for your replies :).

Omega, thank you for your advices, I actually had a sprite for a hat, but it didn't fit nicely on the body, so I abandonned it :/. I may take another look at it, with different materials, perhaps it'll do the trick ^^. oh, and for the sharpness, I know terrain rape is not good, and for these reasons, the values were quite low. seems it wasn't enough, i will take a look at these code from the UNSC, i still have the mod in my cortex manager folder ;).

Wegee, you honor me with your attention, thank you :). I plan on adding flying drones, railguns, artillery and some more goodies when i'll have somewhat more skill and fluency in coding ^^. i'll try to keep my humble work up to date with your awesome work, thanks for this file ^^.

and, well... epicnator, I don't understand what you're talking about ^^'. This concept already exist in another mod, and you are sayaing that i should rework it :/ ? or the description seems bancal to you? there sure aren't definitive, so I may change them to fit something more... nice :D. anyway, I don't get what you're trying to say, sorry :???: (god, I love this smiley)

Oh, and I may not be able to work on Asnu until next week, since my girlfirend is back ^^'. but i'll keep thinking about it, I got some other ideas ;). enjoy your vacations evrybody, and thanks for the feedback!

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:38 pm

madKa wrote:
hey, thanks for your replies :).

Omega, thank you for your advices, I actually had a sprite for a hat, but it didn't fit nicely on the body, so I abandonned it :/. I may take another look at it, with different materials, perhaps it'll do the trick ^^. oh, and for the sharpness, I know terrain rape is not good, and for these reasons, the values were quite low. seems it wasn't enough, i will take a look at these code from the UNSC, i still have the mod in my cortex manager folder ;).

Wegee, you honor me with your attention, thank you :). I plan on adding flying drones, railguns, artillery and some more goodies when i'll have somewhat more skill and fluency in coding ^^. i'll try to keep my humble work up to date with your awesome work, thanks for this file ^^.

and, well... epicnator, I don't understand what you're talking about ^^'. This concept already exist in another mod, and you are sayaing that i should rework it :/ ? or the description seems bancal to you? there sure aren't definitive, so I may change them to fit something more... nice :D. anyway, I don't get what you're trying to say, sorry :???: (god, I love this smiley)

Oh, and I may not be able to work on Asnu until next week, since my girlfirend is back ^^'. but i'll keep thinking about it, I got some other ideas ;). enjoy your vacations evrybody, and thanks for the feedback!

It's my version of the blast handgun, ( well, THE BETTER <= not version ) and description and name is indeed "bancal" no backstory or anything ( or not even the bullet and why is it single shot?! )

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:05 pm

hah, okay, I understand what you mean. Actually, I used to write longer descriptions and backstory stuff, but when I play with some mods, - e.g Unitec, who has a lot of backstory - i never know what gun does what thing, and in what situation it's useful. (well, this problem applies mostly to really big mods, with alot of guns, but i don't want to start bad uses in my work ^^')

So, I understand what you mean - and I may rework description in your sense - but, see, the blast handgun was the first thing i did, and it was pretty hard to find a good name for it. now, i may do something like this, but i'll try to avoid "BXCZ-312" like names for weapons, that does'nt really help identifying one :D. but I apprecy your attention, and your care for detail. I might rework the descritption :).

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi Evrybody, good evening!

After few days of work/School/Friends and stuff, I came back to my little things up here :).

- I tried to tweak the sharpness of the bullets, perhaps i'll somewhat arrange terrain rape. say what you think.
- Changed the material for the Legionnar from flesh to Ceramite from [idontremeberwhatmod], IMO feels better. your advices.
- Added the splosives! EMP, Cluster and a little nade-launcher based of impulsion principe, you know, high mass, low sharpness. with some effects and more particles. and the orbital canon! I always dreamed for it. I mostly arranged code from the Warhammer 40k compilation's Orbital lance, so, well, thanks to arcalane :).
- added the ALLMIGHTY FLYING CRAB! yes, well, because... it's an Acrab. that flies. and sprays bullets around. I may add a variant of it with some explosive BFG in the future. we'll see. definitly not for babies.
- and... and... well, I bet that's all. added a changelog.

now, thanks for reading, and I await your feedback :cool:. gosh, I really have a nice hat.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:15 pm

The Legionnar's chest seems a bit large for his body...

But that's my one cent for this.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:31 am

You should probably toughen up your Legionnaire's spelling must be fix body by adding:
mass, gib impulse and gib wound limits....

it can take many punishments before it dies

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:45 pm

Hello back evrybody, now i have some internet to post replies :).

at first, silentninja. (your work Is Nice, good occasion to say i apprecy You :) )
i'm actually reworking most of the mod, respriting pretty evrything that didn't felt right, and giving a new index architecture to simplify my debug. But i really have hard time with actorites, it absolutly not feels good ><. If anybody coule lebd some help, it would be really apprecied :/.

well, i bet This also responds to yiur word on legionnar's toughness: i'm rebaking from scratch all of its code, browncoats reworks doesn't works well. So i'm rethinking kt all :D. Also, i might rework the flying crab, sprite doesn't satisfy me. But i'll do ut by myself.
so, in conclusion, if anyone coule help me for the legionnar's sprite, it would be apprecied. I tgot some concept drawings, so it's not really working from scratch ^^'.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 am

I really like the crab..

did you make the lua all by yourself?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:49 am

silent: thanks for the crab, it actually feels.. strange to me :/. well yes, the Lua is something i forgot to talk about.

since i'm absolutly noobie, and all i got is very basic notions of python/C++, you must no that the Lua in this is not originally made by me. I tried to post credits to most people that made the scripts i re-used, but seems that in the writing of presentation (yes, call me a stupid ape, but things just slip out of my mind. often.) i've forgotten 4zk for the EMP nade script, crediting Data for the pulse-mg dissipation thingy script (reworked from the techion pulse rifle's), for sure, wedgee for the faction file, and, well, i didn't really knew who should i credit, but I inspired of the floating script of the Tau drone in the Tau recompilation. i think that's all... please remind me if I eventually forgets somebody. I wasn't pretending to steal credit, really, and it's comprehensible that seeing your work uncredited in another mod should feel rude. but I planned to simply read and try to re-use scripts without pasting, but, actually, strange errors occured (surely due to syntax in .lua) that i wasn't able to fix, so I worked by pasting and reworking step by step files. what's not exactly a good thing.

fact is, now, i'm reworking most of the architecture, sprites, and code, to try doing something without script-salvaging (i also did this with the legionnar's code, that is mostly reworked browncoat. my way to learn about code, may say.), and getting credits clearly done with better indexes. so this kind of inicidents may no longer happen, don't worry. and sorry to all the ones that felt insulted, it's just my poor monkey-mind that does'nt works well.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]