View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 [v1.0] The Order 

Post Re: [v1.0] The Order
VW guys start with all weapons marked as having a data/rep cost of 0, up to a maximum of six items, I think. Simple enough.

Basically, at the very least, the Talisman and Apostle or Arbiter should be data/rep cost 0.

Sun May 11, 2014 3:32 am
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
VW guys start with all weapons marked as having a data/rep cost of 0, up to a maximum of six items, I think. Simple enough.

Basically, at the very least, the Talisman and Apostle or Arbiter should be data/rep cost 0.

Currently I have the talisman, apostle and arbiter available at start. The 4 starting units only have light diggers as idk how to setup that stuff. Besides that it works perfectly fine.

I feel like an ass kinda for not getting permission first though.

Sun May 11, 2014 6:44 am

Weird. Did you make sure to set the right group types, like CF_WeaponTypes.PISTOL;?

Also make sure the weapons have a ItmPowers value greater than 0. This value tells the AI how powerful an item is, on a scale of 0-10, when equipping actors with items from the same category. If the Apostle is Power 3 and the Arbiter is Power 5 and both are in the Rifle group, the AI will equip units with the Arbiter as much as possible when arming actors using rifles. 0 means the AI will never use that item, and it may be that VW also doesn't assign 0-power items at the start.

Sun May 11, 2014 4:15 pm
Profile YIM

i honestly thought this was something to do with The Order: 1886 for a second, i'm sure something will popup later.

Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Arcalane wrote:
Weird. Did you make sure to set the right group types, like CF_WeaponTypes.PISTOL;?

Also make sure the weapons have a ItmPowers value greater than 0. This value tells the AI how powerful an item is, on a scale of 0-10, when equipping actors with items from the same category. If the Apostle is Power 3 and the Arbiter is Power 5 and both are in the Rifle group, the AI will equip units with the Arbiter as much as possible when arming actors using rifles. 0 means the AI will never use that item, and it may be that VW also doesn't assign 0-power items at the start.

All I did was edit the Combine (cmb.lua) file and changed the items. (Instead of the match pistol its now the talisman ect) I didn't change the item powers but I did change a few weapon types though. And I don't think you understand what I'm meaning by they only have light diggers at the start. When you choose a faction, such as Ronin, you have items already in storage and equiped to the 4 starting soldiers in the clone bay. The only stored items are light diggers as idk how to change that.

Sun May 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Mr_Rainbow wrote:
All I did was edit the Combine (cmb.lua) file and changed the items. (Instead of the match pistol its now the talisman ect) I didn't change the item powers but I did change a few weapon types though. And I don't think you understand what I'm meaning by they only have light diggers at the start. When you choose a faction, such as Ronin, you have items already in storage and equiped to the 4 starting soldiers in the clone bay. The only stored items are light diggers as idk how to change that.

Please be as specific as possible when having any kind of issue, do not assume that everyone reads what you say the way you intended. :roll:

Just to break this down and be absolutely 100% clear; are the four starting actors equipped with anything besides light diggers?

If not, then more items need an ItmUnlockData value of 0. Not 'so low it is available at start'. 0.

If they do actually start with weapons, ask weegee because I have no clue what's going on.

Sun May 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Profile YIM

Arcalane wrote:
Mr_Rainbow wrote:

Please be as specific as possible when having any kind of issue, do not assume that everyone reads what you say the way you intended. :roll:

Just to break this down and be absolutely 100% clear; are the four starting actors equipped with anything besides light diggers?

If not, then more items need an ItmUnlockData value of 0. Not 'so low it is available at start'. 0.

If they do actually start with weapons, ask weegee because I have no clue what's going on.

Ah ok thanks. I typed that last reply on my phone so it was kinda sloppy. I currently have an issue during the faction selection screen. Two portraits of The Order are able to be chosen, so I can be The Order and have them as an enemy faction at the same time. I can't really explain it well, but think of it like this;

Lets say you're playing VW without factions, after you click "Start new game" you open up to the playable faction list. You choose Ronin as your faction but there's 2 pictures of the Ronin faction to choose from. So you click the second Ronin faction and it becomes a rival faction during the game along with the Techion, ect.

I'm ♥♥♥♥ at explaining. Sorry if I'm just being stupid.

Sun May 11, 2014 9:49 pm

IMO, I think you should put the sword and lance in the Weapons section, since that's what they're going to be used for most often.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:47 pm

I think they're classed as tools because it could be utilized to make the AI use them at close range.

That should be sorted out now though, since the AI can figure out the effective range on its' own.

Terrific mod, btw. Could use some color tough.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 pm

This mod is doooope, i love these weapons. they're very unconventional

in terms of sprites, i messed around with some of the gun models to give them more color

Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:30 am

A very well-done mod. Simple, yet very well executed with unique items that fit nicely into the vanilla game. Great work!

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 am

Well first of all
Very good mod, i love it :D i like the knights and their melee use and i love the lance, the purifier and the loght bringer.

But i want so sugger you one new melee weapon...
It should cost like 55 to 90.

I should be a "Greatsword" (a handle like the lance would be good, but with a crossguard, instead of the hand protection) its two handed, and it is only for piercing armor, this means, its an armor pierce weapon, with high damange.
The melee reach of the beam lance (the light i mean) could be doubled (its a two handed sword).
And it doesn't have any speacial kind of efect. Its just a hard hitting weapon, for guys like pelian army, heavy browncoat, and heavy browncoat with shield...
And even some aircraft.

Well this idea commed latter XD
If you can add (this is something wich wasn't on my original idea XD) an extra fire mode in wich the two handed sword shoots a high power beam for aircraft damanging or door breaking, o any thing like that.

Thx for Reading and good luck :D

Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2