View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Hunters/Biohazard 

Hunters/Biohazard

There it is, two techs for you! Hunters and Biohazard! (work still in progress and balanced with the standard factions)
There are two separated factions in the file below. To add this mod just unpack the .rar files and drop the .rte folders into the game folder. Each folder contain one faction. You can add or remove them separately at will.
Only works on B30!
I would like to thank all the people who made tutorials for CC (really, thanks!).

Links for the tutorials and information I used to make this mods:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5882
viewtopic.php?f=73&t=17955
http://wiki.datarealms.com/Lua_Syntax
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-crowguard ... dification
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18296
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10247&hilit=Template

Suport for unmapped lands2 and void wanderers!
To enable this tech on unmapped lands2 or void wanderers go to your cortex command folder, open unmappedlands2 / voidwanderers.rte, open the factions folder, then open Factions.cfg file with notepad and add the line: Biohazard.rte / Hunters.rte
Done, that should work.

Hunters: The Hunters was once the army of a dictatorial planet now destroyed by its conflicts. With their great number of strategic weapons, they can take advantage of almost every situation.

Link for Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ujz1o ... unters.zip

Stuff List:

Actors:
Masked Man: A swift and light soldier. The masked man is the standard unit of the hunters.
Black Guard: The Black Guard is the heavy unit of the Hunters. Has good armor and some good movement capability.
Scout Drone: A fast drone with good armor, flight capability and equiped with a sonar that can also function as a short range weapon. Very useful at recognition tasks.
Watcher: A sniper turret to defend key positions.

Weapons:
Wasp: The standard pistol of the Hunters. Not very powerfull, but fast and precise.
Light Crossbow: A reliable hand gun that shoots metal needles and provides some good frontal protection.
Predator: The old and good shotgun. Comes with 4 bullets per clip. Perfect for blowing up your target's heads for a cheap price.
Phantom: An accurate machinegun with an extremely fast fire rate and reload time. Has a small clip size.
Ricochet Gun: A very effective machine gun that shoots bounce or sharp bullets. Switch between the two types through the buttons on the Pie Menu.
Hawk: Good both for close and distant ranges, the Hawk is kind of a mix between a sniper rifle and a shotgun.
Shockwave: An awesome close/medium range weapon. Destroy your enemies with powerful sound waves! Can also be used as a small range sonar, but be careful to don't let it overheat!
Frag Launcher: A nice grenade launcher which shoots big frag bombs! Has only one shot per clip, but the fast reload time compensates for it.
Backstab: The Backstab is a cannon especialy designed to take down foes from dificult angles. It blast spreads mainly to the sides so just shoot in a wall next to your target.
Heavy Crossbow: The Heavy Crossbow would probably be only a regular bazooka if was not for that huge frontal metalic shield that allows you to tear your enemys to pieces without worring about getting shot. Expensive? Yes, but worth it!

Tools:
Sonar: A very long range scanner, but can't reveal nothing beyond walls.
Drill: Works as a very slow digger, but is perfect to make a
hole through hard materials or to be used as a melee weapon.

Bombs:
Layer Grenade: A grenade with explosive layers that blow up 3 times in a quick succession.
Portable Turret: A bomb that creates a hovering defensive turret when explodes.
Drill Bomb: A bomb with a drill on its edge designed to create alternative entrances into someone's bunker. ONLY for dropship use. Fly above the desired place with a dropship and simply drop it.

Crafts:
Eagle: The Hunters bomber and dropship. A Tough and relatively fast craft.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Biohazard: An influential research group dedicated to the development of biochemical technology. Their acid-based arsenal was especially projected to bring an extremely painful death to their enemies.

Link for Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1s7e1 ... hazard.zip

Stuff List:

Actors:
Biotroop: An artificial life form developed exclusively for war. Is tough in battle and self-regenerates over time while still wears its armor.
Infector: A virulent unit created to cause chaos by blowing clouds of corrosive gas. Its huge gas stock allows it to fire for very long time.
Acid Trap: Put it inside your bunker. Make sure to put it anywhere above, to make it rain acid on top of intruders. Properly placeable only during bunker editor.
Mastermind: The cloned mind of one of Biohazard leaders. Controls all your stuff, so keep it safe!

Weapons:
Ac01 Sprayer: A one-hand acid sprayer. Good at close combats.
Cp01 Machinegun: A machine gun that shoots acid capsules. When the capsule breaks it releases the acid confined within.
Cp02 Launcher: The Cp02 Launcher is a light explosive weapon that throws explosive acid capsules.
Gs01 Blower: This cruel weapon throws blows of a corrosive gas. The gas remains active for some time, melting every thing that cross it's path.
Ac02 Burst: The bigger version of the acid sprayer. Can launch large amounts of acid at pretty impressive distances.
Gs02 Sniper: A sniper rifle that shoots capsules full of a corrosive gas. When the capsule breaks it releases the gas.
Cp03 Autocannon: An automatic cannon that shoots big acid capsules. Melt your enemies down in very little time!
Ms01 Rainfall: The Ms01 Rainfall gives a whole new meaning to the "acid rain" concept. Its rocket releases a cloud of gas that precipitates into an acid storm! This rain is sure to ruin more than clothes...

Tools:
Tl01 Thruster: The Tl01 Thruster is a helping device for heavy units. Aim at some direction and fire to jump to the location.

Bombs:
Ex01 Melter: A grenade that explodes on impact throwing acid all over the place.
Ex02 Toxic: A grenade that emits clouds of a corrosive gas after 4 seconds.

Crafts:
Cocoon: Biohazard's standard transport ship. Can also function as a huge acid bomb when destroyed.

Download from the links to get newer versions (they are too heavy to post here)
Have fun ;)

Attachments:
File comment: newer versions at mediafire!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1s7e1q1bnq61a3s/Biohazard.zip

Biohazard.rte.rar [764.7 KiB]
Downloaded 4355 times
File comment: newer versions at mediafire!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ujz1os9pcbipp29/Hunters.zip

Hunters.rte.rar [1.89 MiB]
Downloaded 2049 times

Last edited by Tatuzudo on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:43 am

Post Re: Hunters/Biohazard
i had a look at the workshop links, might download it but i'll have to remove some mods as the game has become unstable with everything on there..

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:33 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nice! Gave it a go, it's pretty well made, though indeed, it needs a bit of balancing. Overall it's fun to play with c:

Very good spritework too!

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks for the compliments! If you think some weapon or character is too overpowered or too weak, don't hesitate to post it. This mods were meant to be balanced with the standard factions.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:11 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The rainfall is probably one of the coolest, most original weapons I've used in CC. The thruster is a very nice tool. Nothing seems too overpowered, maybe somewhat in terms of terrain rape, specially on acid weapons, but it's just typical on weapons of that nature. So far I'm loving both mods, they are pretty good!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:24 am

Perhaps you should reduce the acid terrain rape, then? It's fairly surreal to have an acid react with *sand*, one of the least reactive things out there, and would help the balance. Bonus points if you could make it stream down.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Wow, nice to know you liked it Asklar! And thank you both for the feedback!

I will try to reduce the terrain rape, but as far as I know there is no way of doing it without change the damage on actors. And as sand is one of the weakest materials in game, an acid that don't react with it will probably cause no damage to actors too.
I will mess with the inis and see what I can do about it.

And make the acid stream down. Maybe with some lua magic... but that's a little beyond my abilities. I will certainly do it if I discover how!

Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:03 am

so speaking of rainfall, think you can make it so we can actual rain down acid onto the map? because the gun is nice but.. doesn't really have the ablity to cause massive damage to the enemy's forces.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:19 am

Tatuzudo wrote:
Wow, nice to know you liked it Asklar! And thank you both for the feedback!

I will try to reduce the terrain rape, but as far as I know there is no way of doing it without change the damage on actors. And as sand is one of the weakest materials in game, an acid that don't react with it will probably cause no damage to actors too.
I will mess with the inis and see what I can do about it.

And make the acid stream down. Maybe with some lua magic... but that's a little beyond my abilities. I will certainly do it if I discover how!

My bad - I actually forgot that by default, CC damage works on actual physical impact causing wounds, not shooting someone in the soul like most of the games. I guess, although this is an uneducated guess, that you would have to make it deal damage on touch instead of making it basically a ranged digger, and behave like concrete from the sprayers pre-solidifying to make it flow for a while.

Unless I'm mistaken, someone has already made that kind of acid weapon for the, IIRC it was called 'Trappers' mod, you could take a look at the code for it.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Yes, I think that would work scrdes. I will take a look at this mod, thanks for the information. I've made some tests and managed to reduce the terrain rape, but only a bit so it could continue to harm actors. Well, is not that bad. The browncoat flamethrower seems to have the same problem : /

And yo Sims_Doc, about the rainfall. It has limited power on purpose. I reduced it's lifetime, quantity and range a lot before releasing the mods. It was just too overpower compared with the other factions weapons on game.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:40 am

Hunters is very cool. Biohazard is less cool, but a good job nonetheless. Overall, nice work!

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:39 pm

all right, thanks!

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:01 am

hey, someone know how to upload some thing with more than 2mb? cause I made a craft for the hunters and I cant add it. : /

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:05 am

i dont but i use media fire

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:55 am

nice idea, thanks

Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]