View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Humble Ronin Expansion 1.2.1 <Back again! Get it today!> 

Post Re: The Humble Ronin Expansion 1.1.0 <First biggish update!>
tegabumm wrote:
Neat update. :) Love the new additions on the expansion.

Thanks! ^_^
Quote:
Would you be continuing on this expansion further?

SzGamer27 wrote:
(While this is not technically a WIP, you should still check in every once in a while for new versions. I have no current plans, but I will make changes and additions when I see fit. Check up on this every month or so. Thanks!)

We'll see. ;) I'll definitely be doing a quick 1.1.1 patch soon, so there's that at least. I've been playing around with an idea or two, so we'll see where that goes.

Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:17 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

you can claim a steam key for cc on your licensing page im pretty sure

Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:31 pm
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
you can claim a steam key for cc on your licensing page im pretty sure

As I just told Asklar in a PM;
SzGamer27 wrote:
Thanks, but the reason I don't have a Steam copy is because someone else's account does. I got the downloaded copy and they got the Steam key.

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:32 pm

I think SCAR is really underpowered. Just my opinion. (Don't know much about realism in guns)

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:17 pm

Deathy wrote:
I think SCAR is really underpowered. Just my opinion. (Don't know much about realism in guns)

The ronin armorers probably chambered them to the wrong caliber.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:53 pm

halo117 wrote:
Deathy wrote:

Idiots...

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:11 am

Deathy wrote:
halo117 wrote:
Deathy wrote:

Idiots...

Nope, they've got the right caliber alright. Those bullets hit harder than the AK-47; They have an in-game mass of 0.4 vs 0.32. In terms of wounds caused per bullet, it's equal, although the fire rate of the SCAR is definitely faster. As a matter of total output, the SCAR-H fires an average of 465 bullet particles per minute (including the time it takes to reload) versus the AK-47's 321 particles/min and the M16's 413, because despite it's fast exhaust time, it's quick reload leaves the other assault rifles in the dust.

The weapon I'm worried about being under-powered (or rather overpriced) is the Type 99.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:11 pm

SzGamer27 wrote:
Deathy wrote:
halo117 wrote:
Deathy wrote:

Idiots...

Nope, they've got the right caliber alright. Those bullets hit harder than the AK-47; They have an in-game mass of 0.4 vs 0.32. In terms of wounds caused per bullet, it's equal, although the fire rate of the SCAR is definitely faster. As a matter of total output, the SCAR-H fires an average of 465 bullet particles per minute (including the time it takes to reload) versus the AK-47's 321 particles/min and the M16's 413, because despite it's fast exhaust time, it's quick reload leaves the other assault rifles in the dust.

The weapon I'm worried about being under-powered (or rather overpriced) is the Type 99.

I guess I was just trying to fight the wrong people with it or expected more from it.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:04 pm

SzGamer27 wrote:

7.62x39 has a muzzle velocity of around 2300~2500 fps, while .308 has a velocity of around 2800. The SCAR can put out about 80 more bullets per minute than the AK. The T-99 is kinda balanced in with the AK, just about the same, I'd say. The MGL is just so damn useful..

Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:47 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You probably should include original Ronin actors and weapons in your mod, so it could act as a complete faction in actvities and campaign. Those look for random units and weapons only in a single .rte module. This will also set correct prices on items and actors in campaign.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:02 pm

weegee wrote:
You probably should include original Ronin actors and weapons in your mod, so it could act as a complete faction in actvities and campaign. Those look for random units and weapons only in a single .rte module. This will also set correct prices on items and actors in campaign.

It's been that way since its original release, I just didn't mention them in the main post. :)

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Just about every gun could use a new, unique firing sound. Some could even do with unique reloading sounds, like the P90, Type 99, or MP412.

HK45 is pretty good, but could benefit from some more damage.
Five-seveN should have a faster fire rate and a larger magazine. 20 rounds is standard.
Deagle is good.
MP412 should probably have a faster fire rate to compensate better for not being as powerful as the Peacemaker.
P90 is good.
Hunting shotgun should do more damage. As is, Coalition Mediums can survive both shots pretty reliably, unless you're really close.
AKS-74U is really underwhelming. It's basically an AK, but worse. Should probably have a faster fire rate and a smaller spread.
SCAR-H is just as bad. It's also basically a worse AK. Damage should be higher, with a slightly slower fire rate. Firing sound should be loud and powerful.
Type 99 could do with slightly less spread and better sounds. Otherwise, good.
Pecheneg needs faster firing and new sounds.
Milkor MGL is pretty good, it very rarely kills things in one hit, but maybe that's a good thing. There's 6 grenades, anyways.
M202 FLASH is great, but really needs to show the rocket pack coming out when reloading.

For a tool advertised to be able to cut through bunker wall, the Plasma Torch really doesn't hit the mark. Needs way more power to actually cut through concrete effectively. More ammo would be nice too.
Riot shield is neat.
Foot soldier is kind of useless, but still alright for a cheaper option.
Machine gun drone is alright.

Overall, really nice mod, the guns look and feel pretty good. If you make those changes I'm suggesting, I think it would be pretty much perfect.
The next step is probably creating some kind of craft. I'd go for either cheap drop crates or a rickety rocket/dropship.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:08 am
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
Just about every gun could use a new, unique firing sound. Some could even do with unique reloading sounds, like the P90, Type 99, or MP412.

HK45 is pretty good, but could benefit from some more damage.
Five-seveN should have a faster fire rate and a larger magazine. 20 rounds is standard.
Deagle is good.
MP412 should probably have a faster fire rate to compensate better for not being as powerful as the Peacemaker.
P90 is good.
Hunting shotgun should do more damage. As is, Coalition Mediums can survive both shots pretty reliably, unless you're really close.
AKS-74U is really underwhelming. It's basically an AK, but worse. Should probably have a faster fire rate and a smaller spread.
SCAR-H is just as bad. It's also basically a worse AK. Damage should be higher, with a slightly slower fire rate. Firing sound should be loud and powerful.
Type 99 could do with slightly less spread and better sounds. Otherwise, good.
Pecheneg needs faster firing and new sounds.
Milkor MGL is pretty good, it very rarely kills things in one hit, but maybe that's a good thing. There's 6 grenades, anyways.
M202 FLASH is great, but really needs to show the rocket pack coming out when reloading.

For a tool advertised to be able to cut through bunker wall, the Plasma Torch really doesn't hit the mark. Needs way more power to actually cut through concrete effectively. More ammo would be nice too.
Riot shield is neat.
Foot soldier is kind of useless, but still alright for a cheaper option.
Machine gun drone is alright.

Overall, really nice mod, the guns look and feel pretty good. If you make those changes I'm suggesting, I think it would be pretty much perfect.
The next step is probably creating some kind of craft. I'd go for either cheap drop crates or a rickety rocket/dropship.

5-7: I’ll definitely change the ammo capacity. Probably not the fire rate.
MP412: It’s supposed to be a faster but weaker Peacemaker. It’s both, so I’ll leave it.
Hunting Shotgun: I’ll play with it. We’ll see.
AKS-74U: That’s the point. You trade off firepower for a cheap, lightweight weapon. It’s essentially the Ronin equivalent of the Coalitions Compact AR. [AKS-74U : AK-47 :: Compact AR : Assault Rifle]
SCAR-H: Actually, the SCAR-H puts out more particles per minute than the AK-47, and even the M16 (scroll up the page a bit). Just because people are saying that it doesn’t feel powerful enough, though, I’m going to increase it’s damage slightly.
Type 99: I’ve actually already patched the spread.
Pecheneg: I’ll slightly increase the damage, but it fires fast enough, I think.
Plasma Torch: I’ll buff its power (and its price) by a bit.

As for sounds, I don’t think they’re very important, but if anyone can find me any, I'll definitely consider using them.

Thanks for the feedback!

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:45 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

IMO the most important aspect of quality is how good it feels to use a weapon. Sound is probably the biggest contributor to that. It feels really good to hear a huge bang when you fire a strong gun.

Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:33 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The Humble Ronin Expansion 1.2.0 <Back again! Get it today!>
Sorry for the long wait. I've posted what I have done on the 1.2.0 update for all to enjoy. Hopefully the balance corrections improve this mod a bit. Also, take notice of the new activity: you might just be bullheaded enough to find it enjoyable!

Check out the main post and download the latest version now!

*TommyGun Offhand
*New unit: Rogue Soldier
*New activity: One-Man Army Akimbo
*Balancing:
-Tweaked Five-Seven's stats
--Doubled ammo capacity
--Slightly increased reload time
--Increased cost to 20 oz
-Reduced AKS-74U stats
--Reduced cost to 30 oz
--Decreased sight distance
-Buffed SCAR-H damage slightly