View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 4zK's Vanilla-Themed Arsenal [23rd Aug 2014] 

4zK's Vanilla-Themed Arsenal [23rd Aug 2014]
Here's some stuff that looks a bit like vanilla stuff yeah.

CONTENTS:

Items do not officially add to the metagame, but they support the latest* Void Wanderers activity.

>>DOWNLOAD<<

ALSO ON STEAM WORKSHOP! *You're more likely to get the latest versions there than here.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:30 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: 4zK's Vanilla-Themed Arsenal [23rd Aug 2014]
You could make your own module, say ExtendedDummu.rte, fill it with copyofs of vanilla objects, then add your own stuff and make it playable in meta game or any other activity this way. Pretty safe since vanilla content is almost frozen.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:05 pm

In my opinion that would be too much clutter in the menu... but nothing too problematic.

I will probably have to at least try it at some point though. I'll upload a separate download for fully extended factions when it's done.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Very nice mod. These guns really fit in the vanilla factions and they're properly balanced. I especially like Buckshot, Vulcan, P90, AA-12 and Dragunov. I can suggest a firing sound from actual svd-c, if you wish. ^^

Some feedback:
- Nano Swarmer acts weird when you firing horizontally from above. The gun itself is questionably OP because there is no possibility to run away from its nanobots like from Nucleo Swarm.
- Void Capsule: interesting concept but the price is nonsence! It teleports one actor, while classic grenade does almost the same thing but costs only 5-15. 50 oz should be fine, I think.
- Blowtorch is awesome, but can't dig gold :(
- FAMAS: burst-only mode is pretty useless in game, but it gives some charm to weapon. Also other assault rifles are similar in their class: just generic AR's, like M16 or Coalition Rifle.
- AA-12 feels a bit OP in comparison with Coalition Auto Shotgun, but that's OK
- Dragunov fits perfectly in Ronin's aesthetics, sad that it is not buyable now...

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 pm
Profile WWW

Glad you like it. :grin:

Yeah I left the nanoswarm weapon too OP for this release. I have been nerfing it since. Also looks 199% better now.

The price for the void capsule is also pretty high, but you should really consider this: it's not really a grenade to teleport an actor, it's a grenade to permanently delete an actor. ANY actor. It takes no account to whether the actor is ridiculously OP or not. I might let it target more than one actor though.

Blowtorch is meant for breaching walls specifically. I should address that clearer somewhere.

FAMAS is weak as ♥♥♥♥, yes. Might buff it. Coalition AR is really OP too, let's just say that the AUG is "the best Ronin can get with assault rifles", for now. :wink:

I will slightly shorten the effective range of AA-12.

And yeah dragunov needs a proper firing sound. I would be really interested to see whether what you're offering fits the game. :)

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:49 pm

4zK wrote:
it's a grenade to permanently delete an actor. ANY actor. It takes no account to whether the actor is ridiculously OP or not

That's might be fair for taking out some actor who hides behind the thin wall or door... But still too pricey and special-issue.
4zK wrote:
I might let it target more than one actor though

That should work.
4zK wrote:
Blowtorch is meant for breaching walls specifically. I should address that clearer somewhere

I understand, but personally I very rarely use digger to breach walls, that's because that comment was happened...

And here some sounds: link. I replaced other sounds for personal use, but you may use it too (they're from internet, I dunno if they're copyrighted or not. Barrett's sound was slightly edited).

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:13 pm
Profile WWW

4zK wrote:
Blah blah blah modstuff

The AUG isn't in itself a machinegun, it's an assault rifle. The AUG HBAR however, -is- a machinegun.

However I'm pretty sure none gives a ♥♥♥♥. Ahwell, back to imfdb.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 am
Forum Moderator

Isn't the only difference between a the normal Aug and the HBAR that the HBAR has a longer heavier barrel?

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:17 pm

thx for showing interest on my mod

i'll update soon k

Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:35 pm

p3lb0x wrote:
Isn't the only difference between a the normal Aug and the HBAR that the HBAR has a longer heavier barrel?

The HBAR has a longer and heavier barrel yes, but also incorporates a bipod, and in certain models, fires from open bolt.

Some AUGs also features a USGI Magazine conversion, which would be, in my opinion, a good feature to add on the AUG HBAR, since 40, 50, and even 100 round USGI magazines exist.
sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but... GUNS!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]