View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (R1.3c) 

Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (R1.3c)
A collaboration between Major and Arcalane.

Welcome to the Brotherhood!

Please bear with us whilst we run through some renovations, this party is only just getting started!

This mod contains two craft, six actors, a buttload of weapons, and two explosives.

Craft

Actors

Weapons

If you wish to read more about the Brotherhood's Arsenal, view this document. I'll be updating it with more info over the next few days as time/resources permit.

Last edited by Arcalane on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.2c)
Ayye, a new mod. Yay! Looks really nice. Good job Arcalane.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:16 am

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.2c)
Coming soon- Fanatic Militia!

Super-cheap, super-squishy.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:57 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.3)
Quote:
Beta 1.3:
* Implemented the Fanatic Militia.
** This means the faction is now absolutely 100% metagame finalized for reals.
* Implemented the Tarantula Auto-Laser.
* Firefly tweaks - improved accuracy, reduced damage.
* Early/partial Unmapped Lands, Unmapped Lands 2, and Warfare support.
* Minor adjustments to weapon prices.

Beta 1.3 is out - download link in main post updated. Alternately you can subscribe on the Steam Workshop.

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:34 am
Profile YIM

Fun stuff, the dropship drops people off a bit high though I've had a fanatic take fall damage from it once.
I think there were a couple other minor issues (needs new sounds for one) but I don't remember them off the top of my head. I'll post em when I get home and try it out again.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
Fun stuff, the dropship drops people off a bit high though I've had a fanatic take fall damage from it once.

I've noticed this as well, but there's no neat little variable for changing the drop-off height. :???:

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:05 pm
Profile YIM

Hmm, I haven't really tinkered with dropship AI, but have you tried messing with this code in DropshipAI.lua:

Code:
   -- The drop ship tries to hover this many pixels above the ground
   if self.AIMode == Actor.AIMODE_BRAINHUNT then
      self.hoverAlt = self.Radius * 1.7
   elseif self.AIMode == Actor.AIMODE_BOMB then
      self.hoverAlt = self.Radius * 7
   else
      self.hoverAlt = self.Radius * 2   
   end

Surely that could solve the problem?

Also, love the mod, especially the sprite work. Major Kudos to Major for that (see what I did there? Oh, I'm so funny).

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Oh yeah, the flamethrower needs some serious help, there are plenty of more interesting looking and feeling ones out there than the bland base one and this should be one of them. Also, it needs less recoil strength or whatever the proper term for that is; right now it's too effective as a directional flying aid, which is a pain cause trying to leap at an enemy with it just results in your actor getting shoved backwards in the air.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:32 pm

clunatic wrote:
Hmm, I haven't really tinkered with dropship AI, but have you tried messing with this code in DropshipAI.lua:

Code:
   -- The drop ship tries to hover this many pixels above the ground
   if self.AIMode == Actor.AIMODE_BRAINHUNT then
      self.hoverAlt = self.Radius * 1.7
   elseif self.AIMode == Actor.AIMODE_BOMB then
      self.hoverAlt = self.Radius * 7
   else
      self.hoverAlt = self.Radius * 2   
   end

Surely that could solve the problem?

Also, love the mod, especially the sprite work. Major Kudos to Major for that (see what I did there? Oh, I'm so funny).

I'll look into poking at that, thanks for the pointer. :)

I guess Radius is somehow based on the total/overall size of the drop craft, and so the Carryall is considered larger/wider because of the horizontal fans being about 2-3 times the width of the dropship engines?

Ed: Got it. That fixed the deploy height nicely.

-----------------------------------

Bad Boy wrote:
Oh yeah, the flamethrower needs some serious help, there are plenty of more interesting looking and feeling ones out there than the bland base one and this should be one of them. Also, it needs less recoil strength or whatever the proper term for that is; right now it's too effective as a directional flying aid, which is a pain cause trying to leap at an enemy with it just results in your actor getting shoved backwards in the air.

...I forgot to apply the recoiltransmission fix. D'oh. :roll:

The problem is that I'm open for suggestions on how to improve it, but I never actually get any suggestions whenever I ask for them. This has been a running theme since I overhauled the 40K flamers to ditch the old laggy, unreliable DSTech ignition code.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.3a)
Quote:
Beta 1.3a:
* Implemented the Covert Asset Insertion Network Pod, a drop pod-type craft.
* Updated metagame loadouts to use the Pod.
* Updated other mod support files.
* Tweaked Carryall AI deployment height.

Beta 1.3a is out! As always, download link is in the first post, or you can subscribe on the workshop.

Last edited by Arcalane on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:05 pm
Profile YIM

I love it! They look cool and i am a big fan of Killzone, so those guys remind me of Helgast! That is extremely amazing work there.

EDIT: Oh now i noticed it is the Brotherhood of the Nod, you man deserve a cookie for combining my favourite things!

Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:30 pm

How do you miss reading the ♥♥♥♥ thread title? Come on, people. Pay a little more attention. :-(

In other news, subjecting dummies to horrifying toxic deaths is A-OK, because dummies don't feel pain.

For reals. No pain at all.

...someone get a cleanup team in here before this tiberium goo sticks to everything.

Ed: Beta 1.4 is here!

Quote:
Beta 1.4:
* Implemented the Mantis Tiberium Flechette Rifle, Talon Tiberium Flechette Carbine, and Hawkeye Anti-Materiel Rifle - see the arsenal document for more details.
* Finetuned the Drop Pod landing behaviour/specs, it should no longer embed itself fully into soft terrain, and actors will be ejected with less force.
* Reduced jetpack power levels across the board. I think.
* Fixed the Falcon dispensing other, smaller Falcons when reloaded.
* Fixed the Firefly and Tarantula being impossible to pick up.
* Fixed animation speeds for several weapons (Confessor barrels were too slow, AR70 was too fast, etc.).
* Fixed group assignments for the Templar.
* Fixed the Redeemer not having a backblast effect.
* Reduced lifetime of Carryall dust particles, so it won't kick up dust until it gets closer to the ground.
* Adjusted the VW/UL2 file; Vulture, Dragonfly, and Pierce are no longer available from the start. Loyalist, Crusader, and Redeemer made more expensive to unlock. AI will now use the Confessor and Tarantula if it unlocks them. Riot Shield and Scanners are now available.
** Mantis, Hawkeye, and Talon are currently not supported but will be in the next update.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:35 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.5)
How 'bout some 1.5?

ImageImage

Quote:
Beta 1.5:
* Tweaked the Drop Pod gib behaviour/settings. The gibs should no longer collide with actors as much (if at all), reducing the risk of injury on deployment.
* Tweaked Templar/Crusader wounds to make them tougher.
* Tweaked Fanatic/Loyalist/Templar jetpacks.
* Implemented the Cyborg and Cyborg Gatling.
* Amendments to prices and descriptions for some weapons/actors.
* New death sounds for all actors, plus new firing sounds for the Confessor and Firefly.
* New rotor sounds for the Carryall, plus additional voiceovers when it's shot down.
* Added the Talon, Mantis, and Hawkeye to VW/UL2 file; of these, only the Hawkeye will be assigned to troops by the scenario AI.
** Fixed the AR70 not having a description in VW/UL2.
* Reduced Loyalist durability fairly sharply, reduced cost to compensate. They're now more on par with Coalition Heavies but just a little tougher, contrasting with how the Militia units are just slightly weaker than Coalition Lights.
* Removed laser sights from the AR70, Falcon, Talon, and Vulture.
* Reduced lethality of the Talon and Mantis slightly.
* Added the Master Control Terminal.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:40 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.5)
Arcalane wrote:
How 'bout some 1.5?

ImageImage

Quote:
Beta 1.5:
* Tweaked the Drop Pod gib behaviour/settings. The gibs should no longer collide with actors as much (if at all), reducing the risk of injury on deployment.
* Tweaked Templar/Crusader wounds to make them tougher.
* Tweaked Fanatic/Loyalist/Templar jetpacks.
* Implemented the Cyborg and Cyborg Gatling.
* Amendments to prices and descriptions for some weapons/actors.
* New death sounds for all actors, plus new firing sounds for the Confessor and Firefly.
* New rotor sounds for the Carryall, plus additional voiceovers when it's shot down.
* Added the Talon, Mantis, and Hawkeye to VW/UL2 file; of these, only the Hawkeye will be assigned to troops by the scenario AI.
** Fixed the AR70 not having a description in VW/UL2.
* Reduced Loyalist durability fairly sharply, reduced cost to compensate. They're now more on par with Coalition Heavies but just a little tougher, contrasting with how the Militia units are just slightly weaker than Coalition Lights.
* Removed laser sights from the AR70, Falcon, Talon, and Vulture.
* Reduced lethality of the Talon and Mantis slightly.
* Added the Master Control Terminal.

I had a complaint. But this just made me forget...

Also, I'm not sure if Nod have one in the official lore/game or whatever, but a little drone would be amazing for these guys. I was thinking something of a mix between the Untitled drones and the Aco Delta flying thingy. Or possibly like the drone from Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

The images are from Ghost Recon. And the drone is able to switch from flight mode to super kool rc car mode.

This is just a suggestion, but it would be amazing to have in this mod.

Thanks!

Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Post Re: [BETA] Brotherhood(.rte) of Nod (B1.6)
And it would probably also be a fiddly ♥♥♥♥♥ to code/script, nevermind the Brotherhood has never had much in the way of flying UAVs. Landbased drones, sure- but not flying ones. I'm considering an ACrab-based actor of some kind, but even then it would be a walker- probably armed with a laser weapon.

Anyway, how 'bout some 1.6?

No fancy images or huge additions for this release! Major's in the process of moving house or something, so he hasn't been able to do any spritework - and I don't have any unimplemented stuff right now.

Quote:
Beta 1.6:
* Enabled random helmets for the Cyborg.
* Reduced Talon/Mantis effectiveness vs craft (rockets, dropships, drop pods, etc.).
* Rotary weapon behaviour for the Cyborg Gatling and Confessor have been changed;
** The Cyborg Gatling starts 400RPM and spins up to its full 1200RPM over 40 rounds
** The Confessor Autogun starts at 300RPM and spins up to its full 1050RPM over 17 rounds
* The Cyborg Gatling also now has a 300-round capacity with a very long reload. Watch your defenderborgs carefully.
* Confessor now uses normal-colour bullets/tracers, rather than the red-tinted ones, and has a new firing sound.

Download in first post as usual.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:57 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next